ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Thunder (Mond. 7PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Thunder (Mond. 7PM EST) 

Post#21 » by fuller4379 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:28 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:Nice to have Luka back. I don’t see how we don’t sign Chriss for the rest of the season. He fouls too much, but he continues to make a positive impact off the bench.
100% foul machine for his entire career

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I take Chriss over Powell every day... But the first was out of NBA and the second signed 40M contract.

The NBA is very very strange :crazy:

Chriss is only 24. I think it is a no brained to sign him to a contract for the year. WCS is a waste of a roster spot.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#22 » by fuller4379 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:33 am

Read on Twitter
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#23 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 5:50 am

fuller4379 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:100% foul machine for his entire career

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I take Chriss over Powell every day... But the first was out of NBA and the second signed 40M contract.

The NBA is very very strange :crazy:

Chriss is only 24. I think it is a no brained to sign him to a contract for the year. WCS is a waste of a roster spot.

I would sign him right now for a multiple years with a cheap contract (Burke type), low risk high reward move.
I see him like at least good 10/15 minutes from the bench .
If he will play a good season with us his price could increase, the timing is important in those situation.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#24 » by Mavrelous » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:11 am

It wasn't a good game for Luka or the Mavs, but OKC made them look good, but I didn't expect Luka to come back dominating, he also played a lot off ball.
On to the Nuggets...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#25 » by arkuo » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:48 am

So Luka looks like the Slovenian version of Josh GIddey.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#26 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:04 am

Luka looked bad, but he supposedly had some Covid symptoms, so we couldn't expected much more after that long pause. Interesting enough, apparently his appetite was intact in Covid times.

This Covid Nba is unwatchable.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#27 » by arkuo » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:48 am

Bob8 wrote:Luka looked bad, but he supposedly had some Covid symptoms, so we couldn't expected much more after that long pause. Interesting enough, apparently his appetite was intact in Covid times.

Luka is the only covid patient in the world to gain weight while having the disease.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#28 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 9:40 am

arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Luka looked bad, but he supposedly had some Covid symptoms, so we couldn't expected much more after that long pause. Interesting enough, apparently his appetite was intact in Covid times.

Luka is the only covid patient in the world to gain weight while having the disease.

Luka became so incredibly slow that all his shots are contested, even 30 ft step backs. I remember how easily he was making separation few years back, not anymore. The same goes for his driving, he's like a tanker there. I don't believe it's only fat, decision to bulk him up so much was wrong.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#29 » by XTraderXL » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:26 am

arkuo wrote:

He did look heavier than usual :)

But it seemed to me he was at least giving effort on defense and wasnt complaining to the refs all the time.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#30 » by arkuo » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:30 am

XTraderXL wrote:
arkuo wrote:

But it seemed to me he was at least giving effort on defense and wasnt complaining to the refs all the time.

The non complaining part is probably due to being isolated for like 10 days with no human interaction. Give it time, he might come around. :rofl:
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by XTraderXL » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:32 am

Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Luka became so incredibly slow that all his shots are contested, even 30 ft step backs. I remember how easily he was making separation few years back, not anymore. The same goes for his driving, he's like a tanker there. I don't believe it's only fat, decision to bulk him up so much was wrong.

I went and watched some videos from his 2nd season. He looks like a completely different player. He looked like a Ferrari back then compared to now. Its amazing to me how the Mavs let this happen. Their franchise player got fat in less than 2 years and they didnt do anything about it. We have been talking about him being overweight for a long time here.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#32 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:40 am

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:

I went and watched some videos from his 2nd season. He looks like a completely different player. He looked like a Ferrari back then compared to now. Its amazing to me how the Mavs let this happen. Their franchise player got fat in less than 2 years and they didnt do anything about it. We have been talking about him being overweight for a long time here.

I believe it was a plan to bulk him up, which went totally wrong.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#33 » by arkuo » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:51 am

I remembered an interview with Cuban during Luka's rookie year saying he couldn't believe what he saw when he watched Luka eat. The kid can eat a whole pizza by himself in one sitting.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#34 » by Mavrelous » Mon Jan 3, 2022 11:01 am

Bob8 wrote:I believe it was a plan to bulk him up, which went totally wrong.

He's become much better post up player, one of the best in the league, but he lost a lot of speed.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#35 » by Archx » Mon Jan 3, 2022 11:32 am

XTraderXL wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Was reading Mavs reddit and people saying he got leaner. After watching the game, i also thought he looked "ok-ish". Problem is his conditioning. I have a feeling he gets tired after 1st half each game. Obviously this time it's understandable, he was totally exhausted at the end. I hope it's not COVID related and just has to get his legs back.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#36 » by Archx » Mon Jan 3, 2022 11:37 am

Also, amazing pass to seal the game. This is something Brunson can't do yet... get entire defense to collaps on him. That's why i don't understand how people think Mavs play better without Luka or are better with Brunson. It can look good yes, but there is a reason why they win more games with Luka on the floor even if On/Off don't show it yet. One of the good examples is DFS who was again open entire night but was again missing so many open 3's.

Read on Twitter
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by XTraderXL » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:10 pm

Archx wrote:Also, amazing pass to seal the game. This is something Brunson can't do yet... get entire defense to collaps on him. That's why i don't understand how people think Mavs play better without Luka or are better with Brunson. It can look good yes, but there is a reason why they win more games with Luka on the floor even if On/Off don't show it yet. One of the good examples is DFS who was again open entire night but was again missing so many open 3's.

Read on Twitter

Brunson usually doesnt let the game to be this close against bad teams so he doesnt even need some circus assists to clinch the game. With Luka on the court the Mavs cant seem to dominate even the bad teams. Something is up with him this season, his demeanor has been different this whole year. Its not just bad conditioning in my opinion.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by XTraderXL » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:20 pm

Archx wrote:Also, amazing pass to seal the game. This is something Brunson can't do yet... get entire defense to collaps on him. That's why i don't understand how people think Mavs play better without Luka or are better with Brunson. It can look good yes, but there is a reason why they win more games with Luka on the floor even if On/Off don't show it yet. One of the good examples is DFS who was again open entire night but was again missing so many open 3's.

Read on Twitter

Of course they win more games with him playing but thats more because with him out, they dont have a back up since Brunson is the primary PG. Switch Luka for another "Brunson" off the bench and this team would have been at 0.650 this year. He has been a consistently negative player this year when he is on the court, Brunson a consistent plus. In fact it happened many times that Brunson was the one who had to lead his unit in comebacks after Luka with his unit played like crap. Brunson has been better than Luka as a starter as well but they were losing those games because they had nobody to come off the bench for him.

Besides, Brunson has played in every single Mavs win this year so your suggestion that Luka is "the" reason they win more games with him is false. Take Brunson out and only play Luka and the Mavs are sub .500 in that stretch easy. The fact is he has been bad this year, there is no way around it.

About Covid... I had it 2 weeks ago, was a mild flu for 2-3 days. Went to the gym 5 days after my symptoms were gone and didnt lose a step. No issues at all. And I could be Lukas father if I started really really early 8-)
Bob8
General Manager

Post#39 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:02 pm

KhalilS wrote:
Bob8 wrote:I believe it was a plan to bulk him up, which went totally wrong.

He's become much better post up player, one of the best in the league, but he lost a lot of speed.

Problem is, that he's shooting a lot of difficult shots. Even when he tries to post up, he finishes a lot with those 1 leg fade-aways.

He's to heavy for sure, a lot.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#40 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:11 pm

XTraderXL wrote:

Read on Twitter

Brunson usually doesnt let the game to be this close against bad teams so he doesnt even need some circus assists to clinch the game. With Luka on the court the Mavs cant seem to dominate even the bad teams. Something is up with him this season, his demeanor has been different this whole year. Its not just bad conditioning in my opinion.

You might be a bit exaggerating about Brunson. ;)

1st game after being out 3 weeks, with very limited training because of Covid, doesn't tell much about Luka too. He will need few weeks to show, what he's really capable of in this season.

Return to Dallas Mavericks