ImageImageImage

What Is Josh Green's Value On The Trade Market?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Re: What Is Josh Green's Value On The Trade Market? 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:09 pm

arkuo wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Bob Voulgaris should have picked Desmond Bane, Saddiq Bey, or a slew of other players, but I do see the fit with Josh Green and I like his potential.

The situation then was just a mess. It could have also been a deliberate pick to make Donnie look even worse. Who knows.

Voulagris calling the shots behind the scenes. Donnie leaking stuff to the media about a shadow GM. Carlisle quitting in protest to his friend Donnie. That was really a messy situation. Glad that was over. The coming months and years would be all about undoing years and years of crap that Donnie would normally label as progress.

That’s basically what happen with the Seth Curry trade. According to the Sixers GM he had a deal in place to trade Seth to the Sixers (a better deal than the actual trade that happened) but Vegas Bob called him and worked a new deal that was better for the Sixers.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#22 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 am

arkuo wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Bob Voulgaris should have picked Desmond Bane, Saddiq Bey, or a slew of other players, but I do see the fit with Josh Green and I like his potential.

The situation then was just a mess. It could have also been a deliberate pick to make Donnie look even worse. Who knows.

Voulagris calling the shots behind the scenes. Donnie leaking stuff to the media about a shadow GM. Carlisle quitting in protest to his friend Donnie. That was really a messy situation. Glad that was over. The coming months and years would be all about undoing years and years of crap that Donnie would normally label as progress.

I mean, Cuban always wanted to keep the powder dry and then didn't draft Giannis because he wanted cap space. So, we can look at the other actors involved, but Cuban's still calling the shots. He'll prolly give Powell and Kleber 4 year extensions in the offseason, lol.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:03 am

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:

That’s basically what happen with the Seth Curry trade. According to the Sixers GM he had a deal in place to trade Seth to the Sixers (a better deal than the actual trade that happened) but Vegas Bob called him and worked a new deal that was better for the Sixers.

I wonder what the better deal was then.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Mar 7, 2022 2:08 am

I think he has decent trade value tbh.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:11 pm

He's a good defender and athlete. Mavs just gotta turn him into a legit 3 point shooter now.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#26 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:46 am

an early 2nd round pick, or at most a very late 1st round pick
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#27 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:10 pm

It finally dawned on me who Josh Green reminds me of. With that early 90’s Latin Jheri curl he reminds me of Stevie B.

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#28 » by Bob8 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:30 am

Until he improves his shooting, not much.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#29 » by Teffer10 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:46 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:His value is super low because he can't shoot. If he is able to develop a 3 point shot he will get more minutes and then he can blossom. Now everybody can see he got the tools, but he is not skilled enough to play without a jumpshot.

Green should shoot 1,000 3 pointers every day during the offseason.
Every other aspect of his game is pretty sound.
If he becomes a legit 3pt shooter, he'll be a major impact player on this team.
If he doesn't develop a consistent 3pt shot, his career path could become very similar to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#30 » by Bob8 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:41 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:His value is super low because he can't shoot. If he is able to develop a 3 point shot he will get more minutes and then he can blossom. Now everybody can see he got the tools, but he is not skilled enough to play without a jumpshot.

If he doesn't develop a consistent 3pt shot, his career path could become very similar to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

He should start with FTs.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,815

Post#31 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:10 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

Yes... 3s/FT/jumper/dunk/layup/ecc ecc

He is an hardworker with professional mind.
I've faith in him.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Teffer10 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:14 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

That too...I should have said shooting in general.
If the shooting doesn't come around, it doesn't matter how good the D because he'll become virtually unplayable.
He is contributing, but a lot of his PT is based on potential
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Teffer10 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:18 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Green should shoot 1,000 3 pointers every day during the offseason.

Yes... 3s/FT/jumper/dunk/layup/ecc ecc

He is an hardworker with professional mind.
I've faith in him.

His hesitancy in any scoring situation is concerning.
He is definitely a pass-first player, and that has to change to some degree or his PT will begin to diminish.
Scoring has to become a big part of his game for him to develop effectively.

Return to Dallas Mavericks