ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Lakers (Tues. 10PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Lakers (Tues. 10PM EST) 

Post#41 » by Archx » Wed Mar 2, 2022 2:27 pm

Was absolutely hillarious to watch how Mavs defended Russ. I thought i was watching a comedy for a while, they straight up dissrespected him. :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,425

Post#42 » by Mavrelous » Wed Mar 2, 2022 2:31 pm

Archx wrote:Was absolutely hillarious to watch how Mavs defended Russ. I thought i was watching a comedy for a while, they straight up dissrespected him. :lol:

That was a stupid stupid decision to trade for him, but it's sad watching LeBron during these few games.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#43 » by arkuo » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:38 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:If you replace the H in hero with a Z, what do you get?

Davis bertans box score stats and contributions to this team

Yes he missed everything, but that kind of games happen. You can change Bertans to Avdija and get similar result. :D

Yea but one makes 17 mil for multiple years, the other is on a rookie scale contract and actually plays D. I still say if Dinwiddie was the target, Mavs had no reaosn to take on bertans. They should have asked for KCP or gotten in before Harrell went to Cha. All reports here in DC were Wiz wanted off of Dinwiddie bad, so i doubt they had any leverage making Dallas take on Bertans

That's how Cuban really dodged RIch Paul clients. KCP and Harrell are both signed under Paul.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#44 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:43 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:If you replace the H in hero with a Z, what do you get?

Davis bertans box score stats and contributions to this team

Yes he missed everything, but that kind of games happen. You can change Bertans to Avdija and get similar result. :D

Yea but one makes 17 mil for multiple years, the other is on a rookie scale contract and actually plays D. I still say if Dinwiddie was the target, Mavs had no reaosn to take on bertans. They should have asked for KCP or gotten in before Harrell went to Cha. All reports here in DC were Wiz wanted off of Dinwiddie bad, so i doubt they had any leverage making Dallas take on Bertans

You should look at his +/- and on/off. ;) +26 and +24, it looks to me that he for sure must do something right.

Avdija won't never get contract similar to Bertans, because he has no skill in which he excels. I believe Green has much better chances to succeed in Nba than Avdija and I don't like Green at all. Avdija is a blueprint for wrong evaluation of talent from Europe. He's not a shooter, not a scorer, not a playmaker and has no leadership skills. You can get that kind of player with better physical preposition in every college.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#45 » by daoneandonly » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:48 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

You should look at his +/- and on/off. ;) +26 and +24, it looks to me that he for sure must do something right.

Avdija won't never get contract similar to Bertans, because he has no skill in which he excels. I believe Green has much better chances to succeed in Nba than Avdija and I don't like Green at all. Avdija is a blueprint for wrong evaluation of talent from Europe. He's not a shooter, not a scorer, not a playmaker and has no leadership skills. You can get that kind of player with better physical preposition in every college.

Deni has nothing to do with it. For the salaries to work, his was too small for the KP trade. It would have to be Dinwiddie plus any of Bertans, Harrell, KCP, or Kuzma. The Wiz love Kuz so take him out, the other 2 would have been far better options financially and on the court than Bertans.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#46 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:50 pm

KhalilS wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I don't think you're being fair.
I didn't watch last night game, but Bertans commands different kind of defense than Maxi/DFS/Bullock, with the other players defense sags off to help and rely on close outs, Bertans quick release keep the defense honest, except for the collapse against NOP, his defense wasn't glaringly bad in any other game, he consistently posts good +/-.

Not good, exceptional. Small sample size, but still impressive.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#47 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:54 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Deni has nothing to do with it. For the salaries to work, his was too small for the KP trade. It would have to be Dinwiddie plus any of Bertans, Harrell, KCP, or Kuzma. The Wiz love Kuz so take him out, the other 2 would have been far better options financially and on the court than Bertans.

Neither of us were there, so my best guess is that they took what was offered to them for Unicorn, the man is still not playing btw. But **** on Bertans is totally off, because both him and Dinwiddie were very useful in first 5 games.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#48 » by daoneandonly » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:54 pm

Bob8 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I didn't watch last night game, but Bertans commands different kind of defense than Maxi/DFS/Bullock, with the other players defense sags off to help and rely on close outs, Bertans quick release keep the defense honest, except for the collapse against NOP, his defense wasn't glaringly bad in any other game, he consistently posts good +/-.

You realize he mostly plays against bench guys, and he still puts up stinkers. I understand people have off shooting nights, but when its all a guy brings to the table, its problematic. He's 6-10 and is one of the worst rebounders on the team.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#49 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 3:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:

You realize he mostly plays against bench guys, and he still puts up stinkers. I understand people have off shooting nights, but when its all a guy brings to the table, its problematic. He's 6-10 and is one of the worst rebounders on the team.

It doesn't matter against who he plays, he has +26 +/- and +24 on/off. So Mavs are winning big, when he was on the court, meaning he doesn't hurt Mavs, when he plays for sure.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#50 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 5:48 pm

I don't understand the problem with Bertans, when he is off he plays only 10minutes.
He doesn't claim 30+minutes a game like KP.

And his defence isn't atrocious. At least he is long.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#51 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 2, 2022 6:21 pm

For those who want to see the plays that Luka made down the stretch again. Poetry in motion.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#52 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 6:25 pm

Mr B wrote:For those who want to see the plays that Luka made down the stretch again. Poetry in motion.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Luka destroyed LeBron in the clutch. Nothing else.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#53 » by Darren » Wed Mar 2, 2022 6:43 pm

6 TO but 5 assists. That's a long way to go. Luka struggles against double team. So is the teammates. That's something determines the Mavs PO prospect.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,425

Post#54 » by Mavrelous » Wed Mar 2, 2022 8:13 pm

Anyone else sad to see LeBron look like this for the last stretch of games? What once was the peak combination of human size, athleticism, power and talent?
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#55 » by fuller4379 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 12:36 am

Thankfully, the Lakers were inept over the last 7:09 and scored only 4 points.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#56 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 3, 2022 2:47 am

KhalilS wrote:Anyone else sad to see LeBron look like this for the last stretch of games? What once was the peak combination of human size, athleticism, power and talent?

He is starting to look old. He looks a little more stiff than he ever has before. Like Barkley said, Father Time is undefeated.

Return to Dallas Mavericks