ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Nets (Wednesday. 7:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Nets (Wednesday. 7:30PM EST) 

Post#101 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:49 pm

KhalilS wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
What's the salary difference between Brown and Bertans? Nothing else, nothing, needs to be said

All the more reason to try and repair his value...
If he's just not giving effort, doesn't give a damn, got fat, then it's sunk lost, but I'm not seeing this, I'm seeing a guy who's trying, and because he's an off ball player, he's not getting the chances Dinwiddie got, I watch the games and I see a place for him in the rotation
to help this team, but he needs work, especially from Kidd and the PGs.

I think you put more stock in offense only abilities than I do and there in lies the disconnect. I know you were a proponent of trading for Buddy Hield, to me he's just like Bertans, can only do one thing on the court and when it isnt falling, he's fairly useless. Those guys on those respective contracts, are a problem.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#102 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:04 pm

KhalilS wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
What's the salary difference between Brown and Bertans? Nothing else, nothing, needs to be said

If he's just not giving effort, doesn't give a damn, got fat, then it's sunk lost, but I'm not seeing this, I'm seeing a guy who's trying, and because he's an off ball player, he's not getting the chances Dinwiddie got, I watch the games and I see a place for him in the rotation

You're losing your time, he was furious when Mavs drafted Luka.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#103 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:07 pm

Bob8 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Blah blah blah, i was furious for good reasons, cause now we have groupies like you flooding our boards. This is a Mavs board, not just a Luka/Bertans board. But Luka is so good you have to take the negatives that come with it, like his shape to open the season, and posters like you.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#104 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:16 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:

Blah blah blah, i was furious for good reasons, cause now we have groupies like you flooding our boards. This is a Mavs board, not just a Luka/Bertans board. But Luka is so good you have to take the negatives that come with it, like his shape to open the season, and posters like you.

"
Agreed, if Bamba is on the board, he has to be the pick, we'd be fools to pass him up. I can see it if somehow Bagley is there, but I think it would be a tremendous mistake to take Porter, Jackson, Carter, Young, or Doncic ahead of Bamba.

Then we need to look for a wing somehow, whether that means trading back into the first round, eating salary, or both. My ideal, in a somewhat realistic. targets would be

Josh Richardson
Luke Kennard
Zhaire Smith
Kontavius Caldwell-Pope"

"
Not to mention, you can't do a trade like this before the draft. if the top 3 are Ayton-Bagley-Bamba, which many mocks are now projecting, the three best players are gone. If we end up with parsons Doncic and one of Porter JJJ or Carter, I'll throw up in my mouth"

Parsons is a nobody and has no work ethic whatsoever, so he's useless. What do you get at 4/5 this year? Bamba and JJ at best, I don't see them working. Doncic is a certified role player and Porter is parsons Jr injury wise, so no i dont think it's worth it at all.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#105 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:24 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

"
Agreed, if Bamba is on the board, he has to be the pick, we'd be fools to pass him up. I can see it if somehow Bagley is there, but I think it would be a tremendous mistake to take Porter, Jackson, Carter, Young, or Doncic ahead of Bamba.

Then we need to look for a wing somehow, whether that means trading back into the first round, eating salary, or both. My ideal, in a somewhat realistic. targets would be

Josh Richardson
Luke Kennard
Zhaire Smith
Kontavius Caldwell-Pope"

"
Not to mention, you can't do a trade like this before the draft. if the top 3 are Ayton-Bagley-Bamba, which many mocks are now projecting, the three best players are gone. If we end up with parsons Doncic and one of Porter JJJ or Carter, I'll throw up in my mouth"

Parsons is a nobody and has no work ethic whatsoever, so he's useless. What do you get at 4/5 this year? Bamba and JJ at best, I don't see them working. Doncic is a certified role player and Porter is parsons Jr injury wise, so no i dont think it's worth it at all.

Yup! Sounds like something someone said what, 4-5 years ago to the annoying posters from Europe who try to live through Luka? Pretty cool throwback!

So if the worst happens and Doncic leaves Dallas, are you going to grab onto his man part and go with him? Are you some kind of a Luka stalker who goes wherever he goes? Again this is a Mavs board, if you're not a Mavs fan, you dont need to be here.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#106 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:30 pm

Not getting sucked into that stuff anymore, just going to put the guy on ignore.

Thank you to Spencer for the game winner, you had me jump out of my chair! Curious to see what happens with Brunson and how they address the Center position in the offseason.

Denver and minnesota are rolling too, so we're not anywhere near a comfortable playoff spot. The last thing I'd want is to somehow fall into a play-in seed, or fall to 6 and play GSW if they are sitting at 3. With Draymond, that's incredibly tough.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#107 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:31 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

"

Josh Richardson
Luke Kennard
Zhaire Smith
Kontavius Caldwell-Pope"

"

Yup! Sounds like something someone said what, 4-5 years ago to the annoying posters from Europe who try to live through Luka? Pretty cool throwback!

So if the worst happens and Doncic leaves Dallas, are you going to grab onto his man part and go with him? Are you some kind of a Luka stalker who goes wherever he goes? Again thsi si a Mavs board, if you're not a Mavs fan, you dont need to be here.

This was on draft board not Mavs board. And no, you were talking with everyone not only Europeans. Oh there's more, a lot more, I will add only 2 more.

"
Doncic only addresses our need for a secondary play maker and ball handler. he doesn't help our defense, he doesn't help our outside shooting (30% from 3), he doesn't help our gaping hole for a big man who can rebound and/or protect the rim. So yeah, I don't think spending a top 5 pick on him is wise at all"

"
I really hope we don't do somethign stupid and trade assets up for him or pass on a big for him, this guy has Shaun Livingston meets hedo Turkaglu written all over him."
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#108 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:34 pm

I'm sorry for that guy but Luka is the next LeBron, another 10+years to gnaw are very loooooooooong. Cheers.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#109 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:36 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
"

Josh Richardson
Luke Kennard
Zhaire Smith
Kontavius Caldwell-Pope"

"

So if the worst happens and Doncic leaves Dallas, are you going to grab onto his man part and go with him? Are you some kind of a Luka stalker who goes wherever he goes? Again thsi si a Mavs board, if you're not a Mavs fan, you dont need to be here.

This was on draft board not Mavs board. And no, you're talking that to everyone not only Europeans. ;) Oh there's more, a lot more, I will add only 2 more.

"
Doncic only addresses our need for a secondary play maker and ball handler. he doesn't help our defense, he doesn't help our outside shooting (30% from 3), he doesn't help our gaping hole for a big man who can rebound and/or protect the rim. So yeah, I don't think spending a top 5 pick on him is wise at all"

"
I really hope we don't do somethign stupid and trade assets up for him or pass on a big for him, this guy has Shaun Livingston meets hedo Turkaglu written all over him."

And DOncic gladly proved me wrong, so did Spencer, thanks to both of them. Makes for a better time being a Mavs fan

You know who's not proving me wrong? The laser three point shooter shooting 29.1%. Wow what a get! But we know why you love the trade, it wasnt even about who we got. it was because KP never hugged Luka after one of his game winners.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#110 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:44 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

This was on draft board not Mavs board. And no, you're talking that to everyone not only Europeans. ;) Oh there's more, a lot more, I will add only 2 more.

"

"

And DOncic gladly proved me wrong, so did Spencer, thanks to both of them. Makes for a better time being a Mavs fan

You know who's not proving me wrong? The laser three point shooter shooting 29.1%. Wow what a get! But we know why you love the trade, it wasnt even about who we got. it was because KP never hugged Luka after one of his game winners.

Math and logic is not your strong side either. Bertans is 40% career shooter, this season included. Which is elite, like it or not. It's very likely he will return to his normal %, sooner or later.

You will have to decide, if you like Spencer or KP, you cannot have them both. ;)

KP didn't work in Mavs, moving him was the best Mavs decision after drafting Luka.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#112 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:05 pm

daoneandonly wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-luka-doncic-mavs-ride-big-wins-to-no-1-warriors-back-on-track-raptors-make-huge-move/

Someone got carried away in CBS:)
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#113 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:23 pm

KhalilS wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-luka-doncic-mavs-ride-big-wins-to-no-1-warriors-back-on-track-raptors-make-huge-move/

Someone got carried away in CBS:)

Ha yea, not sure I'd go as far as they did. But it was still nice to see
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#114 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:45 pm

Just saw cupcake Durant comments in the post game, someone remind him of this
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202105060DAL.html

Sent from my SM-N986B using RealGM mobile app
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks