ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Nets (Wednesday. 7:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Nets (Wednesday. 7:30PM EST) 

Post#81 » by Darren » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:42 am

arkuo wrote:Dinwiddie is now legitrmately our 2nd star. I believe he made a solid case for himself.

A minor offseason move of signing a big man (with the little money we have) should be done.

At the start of the season, the Mavs will just go for a Luka step back 3 despite being triple-teamed from 37 feet. This is unbelievable. But I should say it is a total team effort. The Mavs keep KD somewhat in check and find a way to come back from 12 point deficit. And the Mavs does hit all clutch FTs this time. This is underrated. Dinwiddle has already surprised Jet as a second force. Jet is streaky as hell. Actually, both Dinwiddle and DFS have been steady contributor in recent games. The duo is in playoff-ready shape. Of course, Luka is is MVP mode lately as well. This kind of step back 3 against random big comes up big. Maybe that block by Gobert drive Luka up to next level. Denver is coming strong.

For the last play, I think the Net has done everything right. Putting KD on double team actually makes it impossible for Luka to operate. Unfortunately, the Net does not have a lot of defenders and experienced player. Putting Dragic on Dinwiddle is a mismatch on Mavs favor. But I think the same is true if they let DFS or a big opened.

But I should say this Maxi on KD strategy somewhat work out for the Mavs. Actually, I think Nash makes a mistakes not playing Drummond in 4 quarter.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#82 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:28 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:Brown, Frank and Bertans can go to China and i won't miss them. Maybe Mavs would actually get better because Kidd won't be forced to play them.

What have Bertans and Ntilikina done today to you? Less than 10 minutes together.

What a shock!!! You defend the 2 Euro guys who suck, but not the American one. Bertans had the same amount of minutes yesterday as Brown, and equally did not do a thing.

The trade is still a wash because yes while we got Dinwiddie, great, we also had to take probably a bottom 5 player in the entire league in Bertans.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#83 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:34 pm

Great game, team played hard and the 3 ball handlers showed up.

As evident and others mentioned, we really need to address the 5 this offseason however
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#84 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:50 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:Brown, Frank and Bertans can go to China and i won't miss them. Maybe Mavs would actually get better because Kidd won't be forced to play them.

What have Bertans and Ntilikina done today to you? Less than 10 minutes together.

What a shock!!! You defend the 2 Euro guys who suck, but not the American one. Bertans had the same amount of minutes yesterday as Brown, and equally did not do a thing.

The trade is still a wash because yes while we got Dinwiddie, great, we also had to take probably a bottom 5 player in the entire league in Bertans.

Mavs would have lost at least 4 games without Dinwiddie. So it's clear win. And not only that, Dinwiddie with his playmaking and driving is far more important for Mavs' game than KP ever was.

My comment was made at the moment, when Bertans has played 5 minutes and Frank 3 minutes. 5 points, 2/2 Fg.

Bertans is not hurting Mavs in any way. Trade was made, Mavs are winning, Bertans is in shooting slump, but that doesn't even matter in short run.

Your semi-racists implications are just laughable. I like Dinwiddie and don't like Brown. I like Luka and don't like KP or Kleber playing like that. I don't hate Bertans, because I see potential. It's about basketball not race or nationality.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#85 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:41 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Mavs would have lost at least 4 games without Dinwiddie. So it's clear win. And not only that, Dinwiddie with his playmaking and driving is far more important for Mavs' game than KP ever was.

My comment was made at the moment, when Bertans has played 5 minutes and Frank 3 minutes. 5 points, 2/2 Fg.

Bertans is not hurting Mavs in any way. Trade was made, Mavs are winning, Bertans is in shooting slump, but that doesn't even matter in short run.

Your semi-racists implications are just laughable. I like Dinwiddie and don't like Brown. I like Luka and don't like KP or Kleber playing like that. I don't hate Bertans, because I see potential. It's about basketball not race or nationality.

You keep calling it a slump, slumps are temporary. He's been awful for quite a long time now. So i disagree, its not a slump. Its a selfish guy with no work ethic who tried oh so hard his contract year to get as much money as he can, and hasnt done a thing since.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#86 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:23 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

You keep calling it a slump, slumps are temporary. He's been awful for quite a long time now. So i disagree, its not a slump. Its a selfish guy with no work ethic who tried oh so hard his contract year to get as much money as he can, and hasnt done a thing since.

This is his first bad season in his professional carrier. He doesn't exactly look like a guy, who doesn't care, it seems to me quite the opposite, he tries and wants too much at the moment.

Your reactions are totally out of place. Bertans really doesn't matter much at the moment. Mavs' problem is Kleber, you cannot win playoffs series with him playing like that, because you don't have anyone to replace him.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,337

Post#87 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:37 pm

For the life I can't get you guys...
Sterling Brown can't defend, he's too slow laterally, and he's nothing special on help defense, can't shoot this year, and defenses treat him as such, look how far away his defender is from him, his only saving quality is good rebounding for his size.
Frank can handle the ball if ball lead handler is pressured, and is good pressure defender.
And watch how Bertans is defended compared the rest of the "shooters", man the lane was packed yesterday no one respected an of the Mavs shooters, who are so slow to release, you can afford to pack the paint and count on close outs.
This team is going nowhere with Brown getting significant minutes, and nothing is going to change really, but Bertans becoming stretch 4 at 20-25MPG 6 3PA at 40% is a game changer.
BTW Bertans played mainly off screens with constant ball movement, this isn't how the Mavs play with Luka, and Kidd isn't going to change it, Mavs spread the floor, and wait for Luka to hit them, and it's VERY effecient because Luka, so he's much better served playing next to Dinwiddie+Brunson where the ball moves more.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#88 » by Archx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:45 pm

KhalilS wrote:..but Bertans becoming stretch 4 at 20-25MPG 6 3PA at 40% is a game changer.

That is true even though i think 25 MPG is a bit too much. Imagine Maxi also getting his 3pt shot back to where he usually was at around 40% + his defense. Would be so much fun to watch.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#89 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Bertans 100% from 3(+6 in plus/minus).
Don't joke with the laser :wink:

When he was on the court the paint was so empty, his man can't leave him alone. Never.

Brown was a disaster. Garbage time man. No more.

Frank is frank, he could be useful in particular situation.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#90 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:48 pm

Archx wrote:
KhalilS wrote:..but Bertans becoming stretch 4 at 20-25MPG 6 3PA at 40% is a game changer.

That is true even though i think 25 MPG is a bit too much. Imagine Maxi also getting his 3pt shot back to where he usually was at around 40% + his defense. Would be so much fun to watch.

Agree.

10/15 minutes at best... For this I'm ok with him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#91 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:51 pm

KhalilS wrote:For the life I can't get you guys...
Sterling Brown can't defend, he's too slow laterally, and he's nothing special on help defense, can't shoot this year, and defenses treat him as such, look how far away his defender is from him, his only saving quality is good rebounding for his size.
This team is going nowhere with Brown getting significant minutes...

I’d be real interested in hearing your perspective on what Sterling Brown’s role is with this team. Because based on my observations the last few games, all of the points made in your first paragraph are accurate. He sucks.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#92 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Archx wrote:

Watch him play next to Brunson and Dinwidde, both have tunnel vision syndrome, many times he's open and they aren't looking, Kidd should practice few sets for him in the 2nd unit, either that or pray the 3 3&D players Maxi+Bullock+DFS give together 20 3FA at 35-40%, because right now Mavs are squeezing wins in the grittiest way.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#93 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
This team is going nowhere with Brown getting significant minutes...

I’d be real interested in hearing your perspective on what Sterling Brown’s role is with this team. Because based on my observations the last few games, all of the points made in your first paragraph are accurate. He sucks.

Nothing, emergency wing, garbage time player and towell waiver off the bench, and next year an expiring contract to use for trade, he was a cheap gamble, because he played once for Kidd and was good, that failed, I'm not too sad about it.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#94 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:12 pm

BTW, Brown was supposed to be insurance if Green doesn't pan out, we can all agree that Green with his many shortcomings is a much more positive player than Brown.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#95 » by wolfram » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:29 pm

Is Chriss going to help in the playoffs?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#96 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:32 pm

Maverick41 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Dinwiddie is now legitrmately our 2nd star. I believe he made a solid case for himself.

A minor offseason move of signing a big man (with the little money we have) should be done.

I wouldn't say Dinwiddie is a star but he's a very good player. He's exceeded my expectations for sure at least. Happy to have him on the team.

He’s Jason Terry
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#97 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Net was on back to back, while missing a few starters and key rotation players, and yet just lose to DAL at the buzzer. DAL still have a lot of thing to improve, the rebounding, the 3 ball, scoring in the paint by our big men etc......Otherwise, I am not sure if we can beat the UTAH in a 7 game series, with or without homecourt advantage.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#98 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:44 pm

Frank can handle the ball if ball lead handler is pressured, and is good pressure defender.
And watch how Bertans is defended compared the rest of the "shooters", man the lane was packed yesterday no one respected an of the Mavs shooters, who are so slow to release, you can afford to pack the paint and count on close outs.
This team is going nowhere with Brown getting significant minutes, and nothing is going to change really, but Bertans becoming stretch 4 at 20-25MPG 6 3PA at 40% is a game changer.
BTW Bertans played mainly off screens with constant ball movement, this isn't how the Mavs play with Luka, and Kidd isn't going to change it, Mavs spread the floor, and wait for Luka to hit them, and it's VERY effecient because Luka, so he's much better served playing next to Dinwiddie+Brunson where the ball moves more.

What's the salary difference between Brown and Bertans? Nothing else, nothing, needs to be said
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#99 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:00 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
What's the salary difference between Brown and Bertans? Nothing else, nothing, needs to be said

All the more reason to try and repair his value...
If he's just not giving effort, doesn't give a damn, got fat, then it's sunk lost, but I'm not seeing this, I'm seeing a guy who's trying, and because he's an off ball player, he's not getting the chances Dinwiddie got, I watch the games and I see a place for him in the rotation
to help this team, but he needs work, especially from Kidd and the PGs.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#100 » by fuller4379 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:18 pm

I was wrong about this guy. I am glad I was wrong.

Read on Twitter

Return to Dallas Mavericks