ImageImageImage

Playoffs - WC Semis - G2 - Mavs @ Suns (Wed. 10 PM ET)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,360

Re: Playoffs - WC Semis - G2 - Mavs @ Suns (Wed. 10 PM ET) 

Post#141 » by Mavrelous » Fri May 6, 2022 1:14 pm

pj0tr wrote:
KhalilS wrote:There's something about Luka that attracts hate, I don't see it with Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Curry or Kawhi, even really unlikable players like Booker don't attract this much hate. I don't get it, guy is a pure joy to watch.

Why is Booker unlikable? What off the court stuff has Booker ever done? Booker started life in a franchise that went into the dumps after a surprisingly successful season that didn't result in a playoff run. And he never asked out of PHX once.

Fwiw, I don't hate Doncic at all - I used to think he complained too much to the refs, but hes dialed back on that significantly, at least as far as I can tell.

He is very skilled, and obviously I would've been ecstatic if the Suns drafted him, but they drafted DA, and given what DA has developed into, plus being a local AZ player, I am very happy with him being in Phoenix.

I don't expect you not to like your franchise player who's leading your franchise as a top contender, I do find him to be a very unlikable player, he is dirty (see his foul in the Lakers series), he is a flopper (exaggerates contact a lot, commits fouls and acts innocent, see his foul on Holiday in the final where he had the audacity to ask for jump ball), and his incident with the Raptors mascot, I really see nothing for other teams fans to like.
Now, I wouldn't go around in the GB talking about how he's a horrible player, inefficient chucker, carried by Chris Paul, Ayton and Bridges, I don't think that, he's a natural killer and a great scorer, I don't see the courtesy extended to Luka, who is an amazing player but has a huge number of people on the GB spamming every thread related to the Mavs to talk of how he's a fat white Russel Westbrook.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#142 » by pj0tr » Fri May 6, 2022 1:40 pm

KhalilS wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
KhalilS wrote:There's something about Luka that attracts hate, I don't see it with Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Curry or Kawhi, even really unlikable players like Booker don't attract this much hate. I don't get it, guy is a pure joy to watch.

Why is Booker unlikable? What off the court stuff has Booker ever done? Booker started life in a franchise that went into the dumps after a surprisingly successful season that didn't result in a playoff run. And he never asked out of PHX once.

Fwiw, I don't hate Doncic at all - I used to think he complained too much to the refs, but hes dialed back on that significantly, at least as far as I can tell.

He is very skilled, and obviously I would've been ecstatic if the Suns drafted him, but they drafted DA, and given what DA has developed into, plus being a local AZ player, I am very happy with him being in Phoenix.

I don't expect you not to like your franchise player who's leading your franchise as a top contender, I do find him to be a very unlikable player, he is dirty (see his foul in the Lakers series), he is a flopper (exaggerates contact a lot, commits fouls and acts innocent, see his foul on Holiday in the final where he had the audacity to ask for jump ball), and his incident with the Raptors mascot, I really see nothing for other teams fans to like.
Now, I wouldn't go around in the GB talking about how he's a horrible player, inefficient chucker, carried by Chris Paul, Ayton and Bridges, I don't think that, he's a natural killer and a great scorer, I don't see the courtesy extended to Luka, who is an amazing player but has a huge number of people on the GB spamming every thread related to the Mavs to talk of how he's a fat white Russel Westbrook.

So based on 1 foul that wasn't anywhere near close to the Dillon Brooks and Grayson Allen plays, saying hes a flopper when Booker notoriously doesn't shoot many FTs, and talking about his "incident" with the Raptors mascot, which was an entire joke if you follow the Raptors mascot on Twitter and listen to the postgame, then you just don't like a player, and thats that.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#143 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 6, 2022 1:47 pm

pj0tr wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
pj0tr wrote:

So based on 1 foul that wasn't anywhere near close to the Dillon Brooks and Grayson Allen plays, saying hes a flopper when Booker notoriously doesn't shoot many FTs, and talking about his "incident" with the Raptors mascot, which was an entire joke if you follow the Raptors mascot on Twitter and listen to the postgame, then you just don't like a player, and thats that.

Well he is dating a Kardashian. The list of guys who have been or currently in that category isn't really a great group of characters.
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#144 » by darmani » Fri May 6, 2022 1:57 pm

KhalilS wrote:
pj0tr wrote:

I don't expect you not to like your franchise player who's leading your franchise as a mid tier team, I do find him to be a very unlikable player, he is dirty (see him punching Sexton in the balls), he is a flopper (exaggerates contact a lot, commits fouls and acts innocent, see his record number of technical fouls for complaining to the refs), and his incident with the Suns fans in game 2, I really see nothing for other teams fans to like.
Now, I wouldn't go around in the GB talking about how he's a horrible player, inefficient chucker, carried by Jalen Brunson, DFS and Dinwiddie, I don't think that, he's a natural killer and a great scorer, I don't see the courtesy extended to Booker, who is an amazing player but has a huge number of people on the GB spamming every thread related to the Suns to talk of how he's a rich man's Kevin Martin with a very punchable face.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#145 » by darmani » Fri May 6, 2022 2:06 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
KhalilS wrote:I don't expect you not to like your franchise player who's leading your franchise as a top contender, I do find him to be a very unlikable player, he is dirty (see his foul in the Lakers series), he is a flopper (exaggerates contact a lot, commits fouls and acts innocent, see his foul on Holiday in the final where he had the audacity to ask for jump ball), and his incident with the Raptors mascot, I really see nothing for other teams fans to like.

Well he is dating a Kardashian. The list of guys who have been or currently in that category isn't really a great group of characters.

Well, he also donates millions to charity and is a Special Olympics global ambassador.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#146 » by Bob8 » Fri May 6, 2022 3:03 pm

darmani wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
pj0tr wrote:

I don't expect you not to like your franchise player who's leading your franchise as a mid tier team, I do find him to be a very unlikable player, he is dirty (see him punching Sexton in the balls), he is a flopper (exaggerates contact a lot, commits fouls and acts innocent, see his record number of technical fouls for complaining to the refs), and his incident with the Suns fans in game 2, I really see nothing for other teams fans to like.
Now, I wouldn't go around in the GB talking about how he's a horrible player, inefficient chucker, carried by Jalen Brunson, DFS and Dinwiddie, I don't think that, he's a natural killer and a great scorer, I don't see the courtesy extended to Booker, who is an amazing player but has a huge number of people on the GB spamming every thread related to the Suns to talk of how he's a rich man's Kevin Martin with a very punchable face.

I kinda doubt that similar conversation would be tolerated in Suns board. They don’t allow even normal conversation there. So Mod, can you imply similar standards here?

About the topic, it’s difficult to find more dirty player than CP3 in Nba. Somehow people are tolerating his behaviour.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,360

Post#147 » by Mavrelous » Fri May 6, 2022 3:59 pm

darmani wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
pj0tr wrote:

Weak, Booker isn't spammed on the GB, Luka didn't mean to harm Sexton, it was incidental, unlike Booker, you do seem very insecure about this whole thing, enough to come fight on other board, sour grapes over 2018 draft? Seeking validation for your favourite team shot at 1st title? Don't know, and don't really care...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Post#148 » by Mr B » Mon May 9, 2022 3:08 am

fuller4379 wrote:I wonder if he wants to take this Tweet back yet.

Read on Twitter

I think he’s fine with the tweet now.

Return to Dallas Mavericks