Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Re: What would be your best Luka trade? 

Post#41 » by Teffer10 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:34 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Is this topic still open? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I know right??
It should be paused until the TDL when Luka is demanding to get out of this nightmare situation.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#42 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:26 am

boogiezen wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:Build around Kyrie:
Knicks: RJ Barrett-Randle-6 first-round picks.
Kyrie-Green-RJ-Randle-M.Turner. Use 6 picks for another center and bench. Trade Myles Turner for Wood+2picks?

Boston Celtics: Jaylen Brown + Brogdon + 2026/2030 first for Luka+Bertans.
Kyrie-Brogdon-Jaylen Brown-J.Grant-Wood. Use picks + Green for acquiring Jerami Grant

Utah Jazz: Marknanen+Clarkson for Luka + bad contracts. Utah to use other picks to find a second star to couple with Luka
Kyrie-Clarkson-Green-Marknanen-Wood Use Mavs own picks for the defensive center?
I mean, Marknanen played like Dirk-lite this season.

Full rebuild (2027):
OKC: Chet + 8 first-round picks.
Get additional picks (2) for Kyrie-Wood sign&trades. Tank for the next 3 years. Its total of 13 picks. Probably draft 7 first-round picks in next 3 years. See how Chet works out, also Green and Hardy.

Utah Jazz would be happy to send us all their picks if they can keep Marknanen.

Young prospect rebuild (2025):
Wenbenyama lottery winner may pack a solid young core for Luka. Wenbenyama looks like a ready product. For instance, if Houston Rockets get him, then they may consider trading two of Jabari/Jalen Green/Alperen Sengun for Luka.
Orlando drafts Wenbenyama, then they may consider trading Wagner, Wendell, Fultz and picks for Luka.
If any of teams getting sold, a new owner may trade Wenbenyama straight. Both Rockets and Orlando would look very different if you add Luka without taking their best players out.

LOL.

Pathetic Cuban fan... You gotta accept the fact that Cuban likes to lose his assets for free. He'll trade 2031-33 unprotected firsts, **** the team more and let Doncic go free at free agency.

If you want to laugh, go watch Knicks games and see Cuban's super smart Brunson move.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Post#43 » by D Rog » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:17 am

Knicks: RJ Barrett-Randle-6 first-round picks.
Kyrie-Green-RJ-Randle-M.Turner. Use 6 picks for another center and bench. Trade Myles Turner for Wood+2picks?

Boston Celtics: Jaylen Brown + Brogdon + 2026/2030 first for Luka+Bertans.
Kyrie-Brogdon-Jaylen Brown-J.Grant-Wood. Use picks + Green for acquiring Jerami Grant

Utah Jazz: Marknanen+Clarkson for Luka + bad contracts. Utah to use other picks to find a second star to couple with Luka
Kyrie-Clarkson-Green-Marknanen-Wood Use Mavs own picks for the defensive center?

Full rebuild (2027):
OKC: Chet + 8 first-round picks.
Get additional picks (2) for Kyrie-Wood sign&trades. Tank for the next 3 years. Its total of 13 picks. Probably draft 7 first-round picks in next 3 years. See how Chet works out, also Green and Hardy.

Young prospect rebuild (2025):
Wenbenyama lottery winner may pack a solid young core for Luka. Wenbenyama looks like a ready product. For instance, if Houston Rockets get him, then they may consider trading two of Jabari/Jalen Green/Alperen Sengun for Luka.
Orlando drafts Wenbenyama, then they may consider trading Wagner, Wendell, Fultz and picks for Luka.
If any of teams getting sold, a new owner may trade Wenbenyama straight. Both Rockets and Orlando would look very different if you add Luka without taking their best players out.

Jazz fan coming in semi peace - Thanks but no thanks. I don't want Luka if you are taking the best player the Jazz can put next to Luka. Luka will start demanding a trade if he is sent to Utah and waiting for them to rebuild a team. Isn't that kind of the position he is in now but his current team doesn't have many future draft assets?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#44 » by Archx » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:04 am

D Rog wrote:Jazz fan coming in semi peace - Thanks but no thanks. I don't want Luka if you are taking the best player the Jazz can put next to Luka. Luka will start demanding a trade if he is sent to Utah and waiting for them to rebuild a team. Isn't that kind of the position he is in now but his current team doesn't have many future draft assets?

This is exactly why is it so hard to explain to people that Luka is untradeable unless he really demands it himself. I mean, yeah sure, you can take all the best assests from the other team but then what? You're in the same boat as the Mavs right now.

The only real reason why it would be beneficial for him to ask out is his own belief that another FO can do better. Which honestly, compared to what Mavs were doing in the past few years, wouldn't be hard to top.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#45 » by Maverick41 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:28 am

Imo the only one that can truly make a trade for Luka and not suffer from completely gutting their team is OKC. Giddey + Chet + million FRPs type deal.

As a Mavs fan, I would still not do that. Luka is a generational player. You keep him and you figure it out. It's 100000x easier finding role players that fit then it is finding talent like him.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#46 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri May 5, 2023 6:07 pm

I think you have to weigh things against the possibility that he leaves in free agency. And what you can get for him this off-season vs. what might be there next.

If he's willing to extend you just do that and keep building around him.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#47 » by ACMFFL » Fri May 5, 2023 6:51 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:I think you have to weigh things against the possibility that he leaves in free agency. And what you can get for him this off-season vs. what might be there next.

If he's willing to extend you just do that and keep building around him.

I dont know it for sure but I think Dallas has to wait until 2024 or 2025 to offer him the Designated Veteran Extension.
He still has 3 years in his contract, Cuban needs some silly offers like Wemby++++ to entertain the idea of giving up on his golden boy already this summer.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by ozwizard8 » Tue May 9, 2023 1:00 pm

D Rog wrote:

Full rebuild (2027):

Jazz fan coming in semi peace - Thanks but no thanks. I don't want Luka if you are taking the best player the Jazz can put next to Luka. Luka will start demanding a trade if he is sent to Utah and waiting for them to rebuild a team. Isn't that kind of the position he is in now but his current team doesn't have many future draft assets?

There were two trade idea with different setup.

First one is trading Marknanen for Luka. Then Jazz trading draft picks to build the roster around Luka. Jazz already have few pieces that can be useful.

Seconds one is trading the picks but keeping Marknanen+Clarkson and pairing with Luka.

Luka+Marknanen+role players >> Mavs situation.
Jazz-Mavs almost had the same record. You trade picks and get Luka. Its like adding Luka to 37W team. I am not saying that'd be top contender, but it'd make 4th seed.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by ozwizard8 » Tue May 9, 2023 1:06 pm

Archx wrote:
D Rog wrote:Jazz fan coming in semi peace - Thanks but no thanks. I don't want Luka if you are taking the best player the Jazz can put next to Luka. Luka will start demanding a trade if he is sent to Utah and waiting for them to rebuild a team. Isn't that kind of the position he is in now but his current team doesn't have many future draft assets?

This is exactly why is it so hard to explain to people that Luka is untradeable unless he really demands it himself. I mean, yeah sure, you can take all the best assests from the other team but then what? You're in the same boat as the Mavs right now.

The only real reason why it would be beneficial for him to ask out is his own belief that another FO can do better. Which honestly, compared to what Mavs were doing in the past few years, wouldn't be hard to top.

I agree, Luka needs to request a trade first.
Luka needs to take care of his career now. He needs to ask for a trade, put more work into his body, be more active in promotional activities etc. Spending his prime in Mavs team who nuked the core/chemistry and become a play-in team is a big mistake. Depleted assets. Kyrie nightmare. If he stays in Mavs he will become more like Carmelo Anthony.

Brunson moving to Knicks during the 2021 offseason was tough. Trading Brunson at the deadline was not ideal for Knicks. They waited and got him for free.

Luka trade opportunities will get better in time. There is little to no chance for Mavs to finish the season at the top 4 seed or make WCF next year. Luka's frustration will increase, his contract length will get less.
Leon Rose, D.Ainge and other experienced GMs will try to get him when trade value is cheaper.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#50 » by ACMFFL » Tue May 9, 2023 5:00 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
D Rog wrote:

Full rebuild (2027):

First one is trading Marknanen for Luka. Then Jazz trading draft picks to build the roster around Luka. Jazz already have few pieces that can be useful.

Seconds one is trading the picks but keeping Marknanen+Clarkson and pairing with Luka.

Jazz-Mavs almost had the same record. You trade picks and get Luka. Its like adding Luka to 37W team. I am not saying that'd be top contender, but it'd make 4th seed.

Even if Luka asks out, he would definitely cost way way way more than just Markkanen+Clarkson, even with every bad Mavs contracts attached to him.
To move Luka already this summer someone has to offer a ton of quality assets to Cuban.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#51 » by Mr B » Wed May 10, 2023 6:17 am

ACMFFL wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
D Rog wrote:

Even if Luka asks out, he would definitely cost way way way more than just Markkanen+Clarkson, even with every bad Mavs contracts attached to him.
To move Luka already this summer someone has to offer a ton of quality assets to Cuban.

This is one reason I want them to keep the top 10 pick and use it on the best player available. If in 2 years Luka does request a trade the Mavs would already be ahead of the game by having that player and Hardy.
Archx
RealGM

Post#52 » by Archx » Thu May 11, 2023 1:51 am

Try and trade him now :o

Read on Twitter
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#53 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:09 am

Cuban is stupid (a lot) but not so stupid to trade Doncic now.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mr B » Thu May 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Archx wrote:Try and trade him now :o

Read on Twitter

Why would that be a reason to trade him now? He hasn’t asked for a trade and no one they could get back would be better than a 24 year old Luka. Trading him now would be beyond the dumbest thing they could ever do. They might as well fold the franchise and just give everyone away if they’re going to do that.
Archx
RealGM

Post#55 » by Archx » Thu May 11, 2023 3:46 pm

Mr B wrote: Trading him now would be beyond the dumbest thing they could ever do. They might as well fold the franchise and just give everyone away if they’re going to do that.

Lol, that was my point. It was a sarcastic post in a pointless thread.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Thu May 11, 2023 4:09 pm

Archx wrote:
Mr B wrote: Trading him now would be beyond the dumbest thing they could ever do. They might as well fold the franchise and just give everyone away if they’re going to do that.

Lol, that was my point. It was a sarcastic post in a pointless thread.

My mistake. Sarcasm doesn’t always translate. Carry on. Image

Return to Dallas Mavericks