HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Dallas Mavericks still seeking balance 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 1, 2008 12:09 pm

Coach dreams his team will no longer live by 3-pointers alone

Avery Johnson has a dream.

Actually, he has many dreams, but one in particular for the short-term health of the Dallas Mavericks.

"I want teams to be more concerned about us getting to the basket," the coach said. "I want teams not to be as concerned about our 3-point shooting. I want us to get to that point where we are much more of a balanced team. Even in some of those games we won, we settled for too many jump shots."

Link
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#2 » by catalyst » Tue Jan 1, 2008 1:45 pm

I dont get why the team does not get this and see the importance of going to the hole. We can all see it. Mavs should see it from last year's GSW debacle/ I know teams give you certain shots, but movement and passing should open up some lanes.
sweet daddy
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#3 » by sweet daddy » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:53 pm

catalyst wrote:I dont get why the team does not get this and see the importance of going to the hole. We can all see it. Mavs should see it from last year's GSW debacle/ I know teams give you certain shots, but movement and passing should open up some lanes.

Seeing it and being able to do something about it are two different things. I know that it would be good for my old bad back if I worked out more often, but I hate going to the gym. People tend to do what they feel confident doing. In my opinion, we've got 2 guys on this team whose first inclination on offense is to drive to the basket ... Dampier and Bass. And neither one takes enough shots to make any difference. There are others that will do it, but it isn't their first thought.

If we want to have a different personality as a team, we need to have different players.
'daddy knows best'

Return to Dallas Mavericks