ImageImageImage

Could we get Michael Redd?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JapanAir21
Junior
And1: 0

Could we get Michael Redd? 

Post#1 » by JapanAir21 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:26 am

I know there's a void in our SG position, and Michael Redd would fit nicely, he doesn't play much defense, he's balding, but I think he'd be good for the Mavericks. It would bring the Mavericks much more versatility, and spread the floor out a lot more, and give us a clutch shooter.

Package KVH and someone (Hassel? George? Jones? Bass?) for Redd straight up.

Yay or nay? :o

I don't know how well he'd fit not taking ~15 shots a game, or if he did, that means Howard/JET/Dirk would be shooting less.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#2 » by JES12 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:38 am

You are not going to the Michael Redd for expirings. Unlike Shaq, Redd is still good and fielding good offers. He is also like 8 years younger.

Redd is a taller Jason Terry (great offensive shooter who lacks on defense). If Redd comes, I see at least Stack and/or Terry leaving.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#3 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:48 am

redd is sick..and he was nasty at D in college, havnt watched much in the nba so i duno if he still into that
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Re: Could we get Michael Redd? 

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:54 am

JapanAir21 wrote:I know there's a void in our SG position, and Michael Redd would fit nicely, he doesn't play much defense, he's balding, but I think he'd be good for the Mavericks. It would bring the Mavericks much more versatility, and spread the floor out a lot more, and give us a clutch shooter.

Package KVH and someone (Hassel? George? Jones? Bass?) for Redd straight up.

Yay or nay? :o

I don't know how well he'd fit not taking ~15 shots a game, or if he did, that means Howard/JET/Dirk would be shooting less.

Are you really wanting people to take you serious?
JapanAir21
Junior

Post#5 » by JapanAir21 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:02 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't KVH's contract be anything that the Mavericks want it to be as long as it fits the deal..? I wasn't completely sure of how the contract worked, but if that's so, the Bucks could get two really good quality FA's in the off-season for whatever money they get out of KVH's expiring, and a decent swing-man.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#6 » by JES12 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:07 am

They could get Shaq with KVH's expiring! :LOL:
from_ro_to_dirk
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#7 » by from_ro_to_dirk » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:32 am

i bet you we'd have won the championship that time we lost to the Spurs in the finals if we had Redd.
FGump
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by FGump » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:45 am

If Milwaukee trades Redd (a very big "if" all by itself) they will be looking for major talent in return, not trying to give him away for expiring contract just to get rid of him.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,829

Post#9 » by dirkforpres » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:41 pm

Theres no way it would take just a few expirings for Redd... Id throw Stack in without hesitation if Milwaukee would consider pulling the trigger on it, which they wont.... Every year one team has some big "shopping spree" and they end up doing nothing or minimal changes... Nothing like Redd wll be gone from the Bucks... Probably more like Charlie Bell or something we dont need.
FIRE JASON KIDD
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#10 » by catalyst » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:32 pm

The discussion for Redd starts with Howard or Harris
Realmavsman
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Realmavsman » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:53 pm

How do we even get threads like this? Redd is a valuable player in this league and we are not going to get him with an expiring contract and some magic beans.

Why don't we trade KVHs expiring contract and Mo Ager to the Heat for Dwayne Wade? They are having a terrible year so they may want to restructure their roster. :wink:

Return to Dallas Mavericks