How can we get our superstar better?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

How can we get our superstar better? 

Post#1 » by Darren » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:44 am

1. Game Plan Thoughts:
Dirk's improving his plays lately. He's made some clutch shots. However, Dirk is not the type of player who can do it all. He needs teammates to create space and shots for him. That makes him the "easiest" superstar to be shut down in clutch time.

Dirk is Dirk. I don't want to blame him. That's his style. But can someone step up with him? Trade JET please. He's inconsistent. I wonder why he deserves so much minutes.

Whoever jailing up jumpers with bad shot selection should get their playing time cut. At least, Hassell and DG try to get to the basket and take jumper when opened.

Please don't always bother by who's getting more paid. But get whoever with hearts and intensity on the floor please. For those who's content with a fat contract and never improve, forget about them. Or we would never improve to the level we want. We can't afford stop improving. The road is harder than ever.

2. Big man rotation thoughts
Diop please. He's the only one giving us a little of everything - rebound, shot blocking, easy dunks. He makes mistakes but which young player does not. Damp is no Diop. He can't try to get offensive board, at the same time, able to get back to protect the jungle.

But everytime I see Bass at 5, I know AJ is gambling. Nothing against him, he plays hard. He's a threat from 14-15 feet. But we can't gamble too much against elite teams. Please give Diop more minutes.

Diop is improving. I know he makes silly mistakes sometimes. But he would improve with better guidance. He shows flash of offensive talents. He has the highest potential to get everything we want from a big. Why not giving him up so early?

3. Trade thoughts
In my opinion, if we can get a versatile swingman like Artest or Maggette for JET / Stack + multiple 1st. It takes burdens off Josh Howard to keep him fresh for the 4th quarter. They are both solid rebounders who can create space and second opportunities in which the opponents can't double Dirk that much.

I know Ron is a headcase. But think about it, he's clutch and he can lead (see Kings comebacks against the Spurs 2 years ago) and he's a top defender in the league. He can fix our poor perimeter defense immediately and take burdens off our bigs. If we're willing to take some salary, we don't necessarily need to part with Josh or Devin.

Offensively, you can't leave him open. He can slash, shoot 3s, and shoot in-between jumpers. And the starting five and practice more together to get us 5 most consistency lineup before the playoff comes.
ppp000
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#2 » by ppp000 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:22 am

FIRST STEP: TRADE JET...a blackhole defensively, cant run the point.
Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Post#3 » by Rand10 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:07 am

I know there's a lot of Terry hate right now, but the guy is still a good player to have. We didn't luck in to 67 wins with him as our starting point guard. When Harris comes back we'll be glad we have a backup as good as Terry.

Even if we were actively shopping him, I don't see any teams Terry would fit on right now. Cleveland might be interested but they would need Hughes gone in the deal, and he's one of the most untradeable players in the league.
FakerRules
Junior

Post#4 » by FakerRules » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:46 am

What?! :banghead:

How many superstars does the Mavs have? :crazy:
--------- Lakers are Old Dirty Champs -----------

-From the poster formerly known as Dirkster-

GET RID OF OLD FINDAWG'S ALBATROSS CONTRACT NOW!!!!
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#5 » by sosafan70 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:26 am

It would be nice if Josh Howard showed up to the second half of games

Dallas Mavericks: Where Good over Evil Happens
JHo&T.O.FaSho
Banned User

Post#6 » by JHo&T.O.FaSho » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:27 am

What doesn't Dirk get any flack? Dude ain't Jesus.. he got bitch in his epidermis.
ppp000
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by ppp000 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:45 am

JHo&T.O.FaSho wrote:What doesn't Dirk get any flack? Dude ain't Jesus.. he got bitch in his epidermis.

Are you kidding me? Dirk gets no respect at all, he gets all the criticism he deserves for playing poorly against Mia and GS if not more.

Everyone is probably over-reacting to the Boston game, but its nothing new that Josh disappears in the 2nd half of games. He knows it, the Mavs know it, the other teams know it.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#8 » by JES12 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:49 am

JHo&T.O.FaSho wrote:What doesn't Dirk get any flack? Dude ain't Jesus.. he got bitch in his epidermis.

Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Pugsley_2491 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:28 am

well jason kidd would make the game a lot easier for the team...
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#10 » by JES12 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:39 am

Pugsley_2491 wrote:well jason kidd would make the game a lot easier for the team...
Not really. Not without Harris, Stack, Diop, Bass, and George around him.
elwudl
Freshman

Post#11 » by elwudl » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:40 am

Poor thread, poor comments. :nonono:
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#12 » by dirkforpres » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:30 am

Dirk is underrated... Plain and simple.
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Dallas Mavericks