ImageImage

Official Mets vs. Cardinals Series Thread

bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Official Mets vs. Cardinals Series Thread 

Post#1 » by bigboy1234 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:55 am

Imagevs. Image

Unfortuantely we lost the first game, but oh well. Time to move on.

April 3rd- Orlando Hernandez vs. Kip Wells

April 4th- John Maine vs. Braden Looper
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:30 pm

Kip Wells will save us. He will get this season turned around. Do not fear, we will not have MLB's worst record for much longer.

Braden Looper...ehh, don't know about him. Why in hell is he getting a start before Wainwright and Reyes?

Wait, I know the answer...La Russa hates the young 'uns. PLAY CHRIS DUNCAN DAMMIT
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#3 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:21 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:Kip Wells will save us. He will get this season turned around. Do not fear, we will not have MLB's worst record for much longer.

Braden Looper...ehh, don't know about him. Why in hell is he getting a start before Wainwright and Reyes?

Wait, I know the answer...La Russa hates the young 'uns. PLAY CHRIS DUNCAN DAMMIT

Exactly my question. I thought Reyes showed enough last year to be our 3 or at the worst 4. I didn't get to see any Cactus league games but Wells must of looked sick to get that 2 spot. I figured it would of been something like this..

Carp
Wells
Waino
Reyes
Looper
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by mizzoupacers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:11 pm

Wells had a very good Spring Training--1.06 ERA in five appearances. In fact, all five of the starters had a good spring: Wainwright's ERA was 0.98, Carpenter 2.60, Reyes 2.70, Looper 3.21. Very encouraging given the skepticism about the rotation going in, but of course it doesn't really mean anything now that the real season has started.

La Russa is overall a good manager, but he's old-school in that he values experience--even mediocre experience--over youth. I'd hoped he would become less stubborn after last fall, when injuries to numerous vets forced him to play the kids and it paid off in a championship. But with Duncan benched for the opener so that we could get the mighty So Taguchi into the lineup, and with Looper pitching ahead of the much more talented Wainwright and Reyes, you have to wonder.

But back to Wells for a minute...I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch for the Cards. He's got talent, but has been derailed by injuries and by playing for crappy teams for the last few seasons. And he's the kind of guy that La Russa and Dave Duncan have had success with over the years, and he should benefit from having a good defense behind him. If Wells can stay healthy this year, I think he could be a pleasant surprise.

But I'd still be making Wainwright my #2 starter. The guy is too good not to be. Drives me nuts that he won't pitch until game #5. Boo, Tony!
Gervin
Starter
And1: 20

Post#5 » by Gervin » Tue Apr 3, 2007 1:16 pm

Kip will have an ok day...i could see 6 IP while giving up 2 or probably 3 runs. Not the greatest, but as long as it results in a win, i'll take it
From the Glory Days of The Lakers Board - Respect That
Follow on Twitter @Gervination
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:46 am

Somebody please wake up the Cardinals and tell them the season has started without them.

Awful game tonight. Wells looked OK, but everyone else was sleepwalking.

I'm starting to think that I hate all of our outfielders except for Duncan and Edmonds. Somebody hypnotize Spiezio and tell him he's a born right fielder. Then noboby snap their fingers around him until November.

And tomorrow night is the much-anticipated first major-league start of Braden Looper. I feel a little sick.
Gervin
Starter
And1: 20

Post#7 » by Gervin » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:56 pm

Yea its makin me a lil sick too...but its a long season....
From the Glory Days of The Lakers Board - Respect That
Follow on Twitter @Gervination
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#8 » by Fat Kat » Thu Apr 5, 2007 2:09 am

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:07 am

Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,626

Post#10 » by Lord Commander » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:03 pm

Hope you all enjoyed the celebrations. I'm sure the Cards will be more competitive next series. :wink:
bballpacen
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#11 » by bballpacen » Sat Apr 7, 2007 10:50 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:(picture)
:love: That is so beautiful!!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals