ImageImage

Official Astros vs. Cardinals Series Thread

mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Official Astros vs. Cardinals Series Thread 

Post#1 » by mizzoupacers » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:57 pm

Friday: Wainwright (0-0) vs. Wandy Ramirez (0-0)

Saturday: Reyes (0-0) vs. Roy Oswalt (0-0)

Sunday: Wells (0-1) vs. Jason Jennings (0-0)

Both teams look to get off the snide. I'll spare you the gruesome numbers from our opening series with the Mets.

The Astros were swept by the Pirates. Berkman, Lee, and Ensberg combined to go 5-33, with 3 RBI and 0 extra-base hits. And in the bullpen, Lidge, Wheeler and Qualls combined for a record of 0-2, with 5 earned runs allowed in just 4 1/3 innings. The Houston board has an "Official Brad Lidge Makes Me Throw Up Thread" running.

LET'S GO CARDINALS -- please get some hits!!!
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Sat Apr 7, 2007 3:28 am

CHRIS DUNCAN IS THE MAN

And maybe we should put Wainwright in right field on days he doesn't pitch, he was more productive at the plate than all of our actual right fielders put together.

The double play on the attempted squeeze was one of the better defensive plays I've ever seen the Cardinals make. That should hold up as one of the season's highlights.

Now we need to get a few more bats going...

...against Roy Oswalt. <yikes>
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by pacerfan » Sat Apr 7, 2007 10:26 am

Finally a win! I was beginning to think this board was a jinx. :)

Good to see Adam Wainwright get off to a good start as a starter.

Seems mizzoupacers rant in behalf of Chris Duncan paid some dividends. We need someone to get and stay hot.

At this point I'd rather play well against Houston than the Mets, so here's hoping Reyes pitches well today.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 8:18 pm

Great game by Kip today. Also nice to see Albert hit a bomb.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#5 » by bigboy1234 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 8:46 pm

Poor Lidge.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#6 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 10:03 pm

I didn't get to see the game today because of family obligations. But Even though Kip Wells lost his first game to NY. His stuff looked good and the only times he got in trouble during that game was lead off walks, which I believe he had 4 in that game. Other then that his stuff looked really good. And obviously he was excellent today. I really like what I've seen from Wells and Waino so far, even Looper was ok against the NYM.

If our bats can just be somewhat productive I feel we'll be ok. And of course this is assuming Carp comes back Tuesday and stays healthy.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#7 » by pacerfan » Mon Apr 9, 2007 5:38 am

Sunday was a great day.

Albert Pujols hit a two-run homer to snap out of a 1-for-17 slump and Kip Wells outpitched college teammate Jason Jennings as the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Houston Astros 10-1 on Sunday.

I agree with BuckFan that the pitching looks like it might be ok despite the shaky start.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals