Image@Image

Wednesday Night Game: Randy Keisler vs. Matt Morris

Thursday Day Game: Kip Wells vs. Noah Lowry
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Awright, let's strap on the head gear and play some smash-mouth baseball!!! :)

Sure would be nice to see the bats wake up. Come on now, Hombre, it's Matt Morris. The guy was done three years ago. I know his ERA looks good, but both his starts have been against the Padres. The Padres can't hit anybody.

Lowry is pretty decent.

But that's no reason to keep making all these opposing pitchers look like Cy Young.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Well I was idiotic enough to stay up until 1 a.m. watching last night's game. I'm tireder than a dog today at my office. I blame Bigboy for forcing me to prove I'm still a real fan. :)

I should have just gone to bed when Hancock entered the game. When it got to that point, you knew it was over.

What the hell was that last out in the top of the twelfth about? The Cardinals are trying to spin it as a double-steal "trick play," but I'm not buying that...Pujols wasn't waiting for the guy on first to take off, he was halfway home while the pitcher was still in his windup. It was a straight steal. I know we can't get a hit with runners on base to save our lives right now, but that was just a crazy stupid play that shakes my faith in this year's team a bit. Even if we can't hit much, we can win games with pitching and defense if we play smart. If we play stupid, it's over.

Lots of pressure on Kip Wells to pitch a lot of innings today. Our bullpen is torched for this afternoon's game. Also, the Giants are throwing a lefty at us, and our hitters are allergic to southpaws. I don't have a good feeling about this. But maybe I'm just tired and grouchy.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:58 pm

psshhh, that game was over by 12:40, that extra 20 minutes is on you.

The best part about that "double steal" was Albert could have scored if he wouldn't have stopped running.

Hopefully Barry won't be playing today because of the late game last night. (He's still one of top 5 hitters in the game.)

And thank god Kippy is starting today, he's been our best starter so far, hopefully he keeps it up, and he should be able to with a Barryless lineup.

One positive that came out of that game was Albert actually played good. He's now hitting a cool .200.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Kip Wells, Power Hittin' Inferno!!!
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#6 » by bigboy1234 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:38 am

Okay, seriously these "Cardinals" need to step there game up.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals