ImageImage

Cavazos to the Rescue

pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Cavazos to the Rescue 

Post#1 » by pacerfan » Fri Jun 8, 2007 12:27 pm

I missed this major move. Hope you don't mind me posting this stuff. It's a good way for me to catch up on the Cards roster.

How did Cavazos look first time around?

Cardinals recall RHP Cavazos

June 7, 2007

ST. LOUIS (TICKER) -- The St. Louis Cardinals recalled righthander Andy Cavazos from Class AAA Memphis on Thursday.

The 26-year-old Cavazos has appeared in seven games in relief earlier this season for St. Louis, going 1-0 with a 3.86 ERA.

In a corresponding move, the Cardinals optioned infielder Brendan Ryan to Memphis. Ryan appeared in two games, going 0-for-4. He is hitting .243 with one home run and nine RBI in 55 games for the Redbirds.

Yahoo Link to Cards Page
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Fri Jun 8, 2007 3:42 pm

Always glad to see you posting here, pacerfan. I was sorry to read elsewhere that you finally got to see a Cards game on TV...and it had to be last night's turdfest. As a Pacers fan who faces similar obstacles during basketball season, I feel your pain. :lol:

I don't know too much about Cavazos, but he looks like your basic replacement-level bullpen guy to me. I wonder if we will keep playing musical chairs with our sixth and seventh bullpen spots all season. Probably we will.

The real mystery is what the hell is going on with Anthony Reyes. He must have said or done something that really pissed off Dave Duncan and/or La Russa, because there is no rational reason why he should be in Memphis when we have Wellemeyer and Wells in our rotation. Yet today's Post-Dispatch hints that we shouldn't expect to see Reyes get called back up anytime soon.

They should just release Wells and give his spot back to Reyes. If they aren't willing to do that, then at least send Wellemeyer back to the pen and give his starts to Anthony. I don't understand what is going on.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#3 » by mizzoupacers » Sat Jun 9, 2007 12:53 am

mizzoupacers wrote:I wonder if we will keep playing musical chairs with our sixth and seventh bullpen spots all season. Probably we will.

Or, we could lure Troy Percival out of retirement. :)

link
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Sat Jun 9, 2007 10:02 am

They better have not given Percival more than 500k, quite frankly he hasn't been good in a while, although having a nice ERA in 2004 his periphals show that he was very lucky and it should have been over 5.

BTW nothing to do with this other than the bullpen but it would be great if we could trade Franklin, Izzy, T. Johnson, and R. Springer, before all there ERA's ballon up to 4 and above. Also, I have to question how Duncan and LaRussa like Russ Springer he's 10x worse than Anthony Reyes when it comes to not getting ground balls, but I guess a pretty ERA disguises that.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#5 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:14 am

mizzoupacers wrote:Always glad to see you posting here, pacerfan. I was sorry to read elsewhere that you finally got to see a Cards game on TV...and it had to be last night's turdfest. As a Pacers fan who faces similar obstacles during basketball season, I feel your pain. :lol:

I don't know too much about Cavazos, but he looks like your basic replacement-level bullpen guy to me. I wonder if we will keep playing musical chairs with our sixth and seventh bullpen spots all season. Probably we will.

The real mystery is what the hell is going on with Anthony Reyes. He must have said or done something that really pissed off Dave Duncan and/or La Russa, because there is no rational reason why he should be in Memphis when we have Wellemeyer and Wells in our rotation. Yet today's Post-Dispatch hints that we shouldn't expect to see Reyes get called back up anytime soon.

They should just release Wells and give his spot back to Reyes. If they aren't willing to do that, then at least send Wellemeyer back to the pen and give his starts to Anthony. I don't understand what is going on.

I'm with you on this. It's no mystery that Duncan and Reyes aren't working well together. But he's our 2nd best pitcher right now and he's in Memphis.

There are two possible scenarios. He pissed of Duncan and TLR this is somewhat of a punishment. Or they are truly trying to get him some wins and longer outings in Memphis to get his confidence back. Because if we are going to make any type of run in the Central this year, Reyes is a piece we need to produce.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#6 » by bigboy1234 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Cavazos has been dyno-myte so far, hopefully he keeps it up.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals