ImageImage

Cards Release Kennedy! Who should they go after.

muffler77
Ballboy
And1: 0

Cards Release Kennedy! Who should they go after. 

Post#1 » by muffler77 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 10:42 pm

What do you guys think is going on? We don't sign miles and then release Kennedy? Not that I am upset Kennedy never panned out any way but what are we going to do.

I have heard Schumaker may be converted to 2B b/c he played there in the minors, but I don't think Brendan Ryan gets the nod b/c Larussa hates him and we know how he plays favorites.

I am hoping and praying we go after O-dog but wouldn't mind seeing Wiggington. He hit like 25 HR last season and didn't play until after the allstar break. also, he can plays 3B, 1B, and OF. that way we can finally release Duncan!!!

Just wondering what other thoughts were out there.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Re: Cards Release Kennedy! Who should they go after. 

Post#2 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am

The likelihood of Schumaker being average defensively at 2B is small, which is why I don't like this move. Schumaker would be better offensively there, but Kennedy is without a doubt better defensively and would have been in a contract year so maybe he would have played better.

Wiggington signed with the Orioles and Duncan will never be released as long as LaDuncan are coaching.

The Cards should be going after Aaron Hill or Sean Rodriguez.
chatard5
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#3 » by chatard5 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:41 am

I would like to see what Skip can do there. I think defense is overrated a bit. If skip can hit .50 better than Kennedy (it was around that last year), that is more than 1 hit a game every 5 games (and that doesn't count walks, either, which I think Skip was even higher). I don't think he'd give up a play every 5 games that Kennedy could make, but maybe I am wrong. I don't see us making any signings, so it's either Skip and/or someone from the farm system.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#4 » by old skool » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Looks like Ryan and Schumacher at 2B.

oLd sKool

Return to St. Louis Cardinals