Derek Holland will make return to majors Wednesday

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Derek Holland will make return to majors Wednesday 

Post#1 » by cmavswin » Mon May 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Rangers manager Ron Washington said the club won't do anything fancy to fit LHP Derek Holland into the starting rotation. Holland, who last pitched for Oklahoma City on Tuesday, will slide into LHP Matt Harrison's spot on Wednesday against Oakland.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/05/derek-holland-will-make-return.html

Harrison to the DL and I hope it is not too early to call up Holland who dominated AAA but it still is only AAA.
VnO
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Derek Holland will make return to majors Wednesday 

Post#2 » by VnO » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm

He looked pretty good wednesday. Hopefully we see no more of Harrison this year.
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by cmavswin » Fri May 14, 2010 5:32 pm

VnO wrote:He looked pretty good wednesday. Hopefully we see no more of Harrison this year.

I hope Harriosn goes to the bullpen to be the long lefty. He always seems to do pretty well in the 1st three innings.
VnO
Ballboy

Post#4 » by VnO » Tue May 18, 2010 10:06 pm

cmavswin wrote:
VnO wrote:He looked pretty good wednesday. Hopefully we see no more of Harrison this year.

I hope Harriosn goes to the bullpen to be the long lefty. He always seems to do pretty well in the 1st three innings.

What's your opinion on Harden and Feldman? I know Feldman had a decent game his last start but I think Harden has to go!
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by cmavswin » Wed May 19, 2010 5:23 pm

VnO wrote:
cmavswin wrote:

What's your opinion on Harden and Feldman? I know Feldman had a decent game his last start but I think Harden has to go!

I would love to see Harden go away. Maybe Harden,Teagarden and Boggs for Doumit and Maholm from the Pirates. Rangers could use a catcher right about now.
VnO
Ballboy

Post#6 » by VnO » Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 pm

cmavswin wrote:
I would love to see Harden go away. Maybe Harden,Teagarden and Boggs for Doumit and Maholm from the Pirates. Rangers could use a catcher right about now.

Yes, they need catching and maybe even help at first base. I know Smoak is young and is still learning but the rangers should look for as much help as possible. They cannot let this opportunity of the west being weak go by. They need to create as much separation in the standings as possible.
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by cmavswin » Sun May 23, 2010 6:28 pm

VnO wrote:
cmavswin wrote:

Yes, they need catching and maybe even help at first base. I know Smoak is young and is still learning but the rangers should look for as much help as possible. They cannot let this opportunity of the west being weak go by. They need to create as much separation in the standings as possible.

Salty and Davis might need to come back up with Max and Smoak going back to AAA. Salty is hitting .325 and Davis .327 granted they both have had their issues but I know they will hit over .200 unti lthis team is sold and money gets put into play again for this franchise.

Return to Texas Rangers