04/17/10 NYY 7 - TEX 3
04/16/10 NYY 5 - TEX 1
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Re: Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees 

Post#2 » by cmavswin » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Ouch in game 1 but hopefully uncle Cliffy owns the Yankees in game 3.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,030

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

No love for this team on these boards I see.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Post#4 » by Teffer10 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 am

I know what you mean HMFFL. I can't believe the lack of support the Rangers are getting on this board.
1-3 at home in the POs makes me a little nervous about this weekend.

Considering my 3 favorite sports teams are Rangers/Mavs/Chiefs, I finally have something to look forward to. Just hope the Rangers don't pull the same stunt the Mavs did in 06 and squander a golden opportunity to win a championship.
sweet daddy
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#5 » by sweet daddy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Most Rangers fans probably don't know about this site. I've only ever thought of it as a basketball site myself.

Good for the Rangers. They played under the radar all year because of their reputation. I thought it was funny watching Ernie and the broadcast team trying to think of something to say while the Yankees got dismantled in front of them. A really poor job of commentary, but that's what happens when the mighty franchises in ALL major sports get whipped by an underdog. Especially the mighty Yankees.
'daddy knows best'
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,030

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:34 pm

I love how the game turned out last night. It was close, but the Rangers blew it wide open, and they never looked back. I think Philly will be our next opponent.

sweet daddy wrote:Most Rangers fans probably don't know about this site. I've only ever thought of it as a basketball site myself.

Well, the site is more dedicated towards basketball, and is already established. The owners of the site need to do a better job at advertising the MLB and NFL boards.

As for this topic: I created it on the Dallas Mavericks board, moved it to this board, and left a shadow on the Mavericks board at a attempt to get some of those Ranger fans to post here.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,511

Post#7 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:36 am

HMFFL wrote:I love how the game turned out last night. It was close, but the Rangers blew it wide open, and they never looked back. I think Philly will be our next opponent.

sweet daddy wrote:Most Rangers fans probably don't know about this site. I've only ever thought of it as a basketball site myself.

Well, the site is more dedicated towards basketball, and is already established. The owners of the site need to do a better job at advertising the MLB and NFL boards.

As for this topic: I created it on the Dallas Mavericks board, moved it to this board, and left a shadow on the Mavericks board at a attempt to get some of those Ranger fans to post here.

Nope! :D

Good luck in the series, Lee vs Timmy @ AT&T park is going to be a classic!
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Post#8 » by Teffer10 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Agree...I'm one of them and just discovered it a few weeks ago.

We have much more to be excited about as ranger fans than mavs fans so hopefully this will heat up.

The only thing better than to see your favorite team go to the world series, is seeing your favorite team clobber the team you hate more than any other in any sport (Cowboys and Lakers are very close and tie for 2nd most hated) to get there. If Mavs could beat Lakers as convincingly as Rangers beat Yanks it would feel about the same.

I got my face slapped by a waitress from NY (Yankees fan...and surprisingly pretty hot btw) the other night because I told her the only thing worse than a Yankee, is a Yankees fan. God only knows what ended up in my next drink and I was too stupid to think about it until it was too late.

Friday night will go down as the 4th happiest moment of my life (1. getting MBA 2. Getting Married 3. Getting Divorced 4. Rangers slaughtering the Yanks in 2010 ALCS.

Return to Texas Rangers