ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Blue Jays (2-3) @ Astros (1-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3

Moderator: JaysRule15

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Re: GT: Blue Jays (2-2) @ Astros (0-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3 

Post#101 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:26 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
rarefind wrote:The Yankees got Soto

The Orioles got Burnes

The Jays got no hit

I think we had enough prospect capital to get both Soto and Burnes - they were sold dimes on the dollar

We have one of the most barren farm systems in baseball.

Ricky Tiederman would have been enough for Soto

Arjun Nimmala for Burnes
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,453

Re: GT: Blue Jays (2-2) @ Astros (0-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3 

Post#102 » by TOStateofMind » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:28 am

Guess getting no hit is gonna be a yearly thing for this franchise.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 55,417

Post#103 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:28 am

rarefind wrote:Man... I haven't been this mad in a while. I legitimately might be more angry with this garbage 5 games into the season where we course corrected from the brutal end to last year.

Rogers is a complete joke. I bet you those Rogers owners of the Blue Jay ads that were airing during the Rays series get pulled.

Why would anyone have been excited about this season? We went into the season with a worse roster than the one we trotted out last season, and that one was already miserable. This FO doesn't care about winning.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,717

Post#104 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:31 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
rarefind wrote:Man... I haven't been this mad in a while. I legitimately might be more angry with this garbage 5 games into the season where we course corrected from the brutal end to last year.

Rogers is a complete joke. I bet you those Rogers owners of the Blue Jay ads that were airing during the Rays series get pulled.

Why would anyone have been excited about this season? We went into the season with a worse roster than the one we trotted out last season, and that one was already miserable. This FO doesn't care about winning.

Haven’t been a serious franchise for a while now. You don’t end a season like they did last year and make no real changes to anything.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#105 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:32 am

Raps in 4 wrote:

You remember when Shapiro said the goal (owners gave them) is to build that team that can consistently get into the playoffs (without mention of how deep into the playoffs). They are aiming for that and to expect some 2015 magic is just foolishness.

This is a 227M wild-card team.
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,103

Post#106 » by rarefind » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:32 am

DelAbbot wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
I think we had enough prospect capital to get both Soto and Burnes - they were sold dimes on the dollar

We have one of the most barren farm systems in baseball.

Ricky Tiederman would have been enough for Soto

Arjun Nimmala for Burnes

Probably need more going back for Soto which would have been a massive mistake.

Nimmala can't get traded until after the draft unless there has been a change to the rules around trading recent draft picks that I am unaware of.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,717

Post#107 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:33 am

DelAbbot wrote:

The Orioles got Burnes

The Jays got no hit

I can’t recall what they dealt for Burnes but NYY traded quite a bit for 1 year of Soto. Michael King is an excellent pitcher.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#108 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:34 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Haven’t been a serious franchise for a while now. You don’t end a season like they did last year and make no real changes to anything.

I actually had some faith in this team and FO in 2021 - Vladdy looked like a perennial MVP candidate, the FO was signing FA like Semien putting up MVP numbers for less than qualifying offer, and Robbie Ray Cy Young for 5th starter money.

Then it came crashing down ever since
rarefind
RealGM

Post#109 » by rarefind » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:37 am

DelAbbot wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

I actually had some faith in this team and FO in 2021 - Vladdy looked like a perennial MVP candidate, the FO was signing FA like Semien putting up MVP numbers for less than qualifying offer, and Robbie Ray Cy Young for 5th starter money.

A very difficult feat. Our front office may have made every single decision poorly since then. There hasn't really even been anything that went decently, by accident.

When fans say they could run the team better, I would be inclined to believe them.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,469

Post#110 » by Potential » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:39 am

DelAbbot wrote:
rarefind wrote:What an absolute joke. Rogers and the entire organization should be completely embarrassed.

Good thing we spent all that money on renovating the stadium, though.

I read all food and drinks are under $10 now so that's a positive

Lol that was an April fools tweet by @blogto
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#111 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:40 am

Potential wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
rarefind wrote:What an absolute joke. Rogers and the entire organization should be completely embarrassed.

I read all food and drinks are under $10 now so that's a positive

Lol that was an April fools tweet by @blogto

So today's game don't count?
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#112 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:40 am

The Jays have been no-hit 8 times in franchise history. 4 of those times came in the last 6 years. This FO is an embarrassment.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,469

Post#113 » by Potential » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:44 am

Read on Twitter
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,334

Post#114 » by duppyy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:47 am

Glad I missed this stinker.
Eisenhorn
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#115 » by Eisenhorn » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:49 am

rarefind wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Haven’t been a serious franchise for a while now. You don’t end a season like they did last year and make no real changes to anything.

A very difficult feat. Our front office may have made every single decision poorly since then. There hasn't really even been anything that went decently, by accident.

When fans say they could run the team better, I would be inclined to believe them.

I think Gausman and Bassit have been quality signings so far.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#116 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:52 am

Eisenhorn wrote:
rarefind wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Signing FAs is the easy part. Drafting/trading for and developing a farm system that can replenish outgoing talent is the hard part. This FO has been abysmal at the latter part.
rarefind
RealGM

Post#117 » by rarefind » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:53 am

Eisenhorn wrote:
rarefind wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Neither are relevant to winning playoff games with how brutal this roster has been constructed. Perhaps we can trade them for C level prospects at the deadline. That might be too much too ask of our boy Ross.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,272

Post#118 » by Madvillainy2004 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:57 am

Ranger One wrote:
rarefind wrote:What an absolute joke. Rogers and the entire organization should be embarrassed.

This is the most puzzling thing for me. Do these guys in the Front Office not see the writing on the wall? This team will be fighting for the lottery pick in 2 years when Bo and Vlad leave. We're the oldest team in the AL. This "winning" window is closing fast. Who exactly are these renovations meant for? The 10-15k fans that will show up to games once the rebuild begins?

Until proven otherwise Vlad needs to do some actual heavy lifting for this offense for me to think him leaving actually impacts this team. Dudes been in convos with Soto, Tatis, Acuna and he's not even in the same planet as those guys. Vlad leaving or not won't effect how good this team is especially not to the degree of any actual elite players.
rarefind
RealGM

Post#119 » by rarefind » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:01 am

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Ranger One wrote:
rarefind wrote:What an absolute joke. Rogers and the entire organization should be embarrassed.

This is the most puzzling thing for me. Do these guys in the Front Office not see the writing on the wall? This team will be fighting for the lottery pick in 2 years when Bo and Vlad leave. We're the oldest team in the AL. This "winning" window is closing fast. Who exactly are these renovations meant for? The 10-15k fans that will show up to games once the rebuild begins?

Until proven otherwise Vlad needs to do some actual heavy lifting for this offense for me to think him leaving actually impacts this team. Dudes been in convos with Soto, Tatis, Acuna and he's not even in the same planet as those guys. Vlad leaving or not won't effect how good this team is especially not to the degree of any actual elite players.

I hear the sentiment of us wasting the prime of Vlad. Vlad has done absolutely nothing except be the most overhyped prospects in franchise history. I am still optimistic of him bouncing back this year but Vlad at this point is not who he was advertised to be when he set the minor leagues on fire.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,272

Post#120 » by Madvillainy2004 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:01 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

The Orioles got Burnes

The Jays got no hit

I can’t recall what they dealt for Burnes but NYY traded quite a bit for 1 year of Soto. Michael King is an excellent pitcher.

Soto was definitely not dimes on a dollar, especially for 1 year where he's 1000% testing FA and commanding the 2nd highest contract in the sports history.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays