ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Blue Jays (3-4) @ Yankees (6-1) - Fri April 5 @ 1pm to Sun April 7

Moderator: JaysRule15

Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,999

Re: GT: Blue Jays (3-4) @ Yankees (6-1) - Fri April 5 @ 1pm to Sun April 7 

Post#101 » by Hottie McShotty » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:28 pm

Thank God for our pitching. Imaging where we would be if it wasn't for our pitching?? Oh I know. Dead last in MLB!

1-16 from the top of your lineup that is making over $66M this season is unacceptable. Vladdy, looks lost at the plate. Overswinging at pitches. Almost like he doesn't care anymore. And that smile after the Stroman strikeout really irked me the wrong way. Vladdy get your **** together or get the **** out! This coaching staff and front office don't have the balls to tell him to do so. What a mess! smfh..
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Post#102 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:51 pm

Vladdy spinning on a missed swing like ballerina
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#103 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:57 pm

rarefind wrote:
Mad Prophet wrote:I guess Vlad should be benched against right-handers since he can't handle pitches high inside, low and away, and everything in between.

And our hitting coach should be fired since he can't actually coach hitters.

Who believes our hitting coach is just a front for Atkin's spreadsheet, same way as John Schneider. That's why hitting coach hasn't been fired yet - it's all Atkins at the keyboards controlling this team like OOTP commissioner mode.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,934
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#104 » by Boogie! » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:03 am

Ranger One wrote:Guerrero costing himself hundreds of millions with every passing year. I remember there was talk at the start of 2023 that he was gonna get 400 million over 8 years. Right now, i wouldnt give him 40 million over 8 years.

I honestly wonder if the guy puts any work on his swing in the offseason and if he really cares about baseball at this point. Either that or it’s all mental. But I can’t believe for all the hype he’s had coming into the league how meh he’s ended up being. Apparently he was supposed to have this great eye for the strike zone, never chased, and crushed anything in the zone. Amazing bat speed, hand eye coordination, generational hitter etc. I’m not sure what happened to him to be honest but he definitely needs work and the one mvp calibre seasons looks like an anomaly…
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 580

Post#105 » by linery88 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:35 am

Boogie! wrote:
Ranger One wrote:Guerrero costing himself hundreds of millions with every passing year. I remember there was talk at the start of 2023 that he was gonna get 400 million over 8 years. Right now, i wouldnt give him 40 million over 8 years.

I honestly wonder if the guy puts any work on his swing in the offseason and if he really cares about baseball at this point. Either that or it’s all mental. But I can’t believe for all the hype he’s had coming into the league how meh he’s ended up being. Apparently he was supposed to have this great eye for the strike zone, never chased, and crushed anything in the zone. Amazing bat speed, hand eye coordination, generational hitter etc. I’m not sure what happened to him to be honest but he definitely needs work and the one mvp calibre seasons looks like an anomaly…

imo-Guererro was at his best along with our whole lineup when Bichette Sr was our HC.We need Bichette Sr back or a HC like him.
We have a great one in Mattingly.
What is this team even doing ?
If we had any semi regular pop in the lineup we would be contenders because our pitching is very good.Our offense was the talk of the league when Bichette was here,and we were a threat to score ten runs more often than not.
Eventually,one would think that they would be under enormous pressure to fire our current HC if the players keep struggling at the plate.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,658

Post#106 » by SharoneWright » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:51 am

Boogie! wrote:I honestly wonder if the guy puts any work on his swing in the offseason and if he really cares about baseball at this point.

I honestly think he cares about baseball to the extent that it allows him to plan off-season barbeques with opposing Dominican players during the game at 1st base.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,934
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#107 » by Boogie! » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:51 am

linery88 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

imo-Guererro was at his best along with our whole lineup when Bichette Sr was our HC.We need Bichette Sr back or a HC like him.
If we had any semi regular pop in the lineup we would be contenders because our pitching is very good.Our offense was the talk of the league when Bichette was here,and we were a threat to score ten runs more often than not.
Eventually,one would think that they would be under enormous pressure to fire our current HC if the players keep struggling at the plate.

Idk I think this is on Guerrero himself at this point to figure out wtf he needs to do to fix his swing/approach. So depressing
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#108 » by linery88 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:11 am

Boogie! wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

Idk I think this is on Guerrero himself at this point to figure out wtf he needs to do to fix his swing/approach. So depressing

You would figure that he would/should be able to figure this out on his own,but all I remember is how they all did with Bichette Sr,s philosophy of hitting.Guerrero has shown he cant regulate himself like Bichette can.Bichette is still probably nursing an injury,but Vlad has no self discipline right now.
Guillermos philosophy is obviously different,and involves way less aggressiveness than
Bichettes did.Guerrero was way more aggressive,and productive nearing a triple crown when Bichette was here.I hope they fire the HC real soon or its more Groundhog batting days with the occassional game of them scoring runs,then sportsnet saying "Is this the sign that Vlad is cured"
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#109 » by DelAbbot » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:41 am

Boogie! wrote:

Does this look like a guy who puts in any work?

DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#110 » by DelAbbot » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:42 am

Vladdy absolutely has the pedigree of Miguel Cabrera. He's just not mentally there until there is a change of scenery that instills some urgency and mental toughness
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#111 » by linery88 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:01 am

DelAbbot wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

Does this look like a guy who puts in any work?

In an interview last season with with Hazel Mae Vlad was serious about poutine,and Lays ketchup chips.If he laid off bad food,and ate healthy,and worked out regularly,he would be in the top 10 of every major hitting category,and even defensive categories.He figures he will get mega$ anyways,so he doesn,t.You can tell Bo is a very serious person when it comes to hitting.Should be Springer-Turner or Bichette-Vlad.No way Bichette should be batting after Vlad.Put Vlad in the cleanup position,and see what happens with men on base.If it doesn,t work blame the HC,and move on.Then it will show they are serious about winning.Vlad was great batting 3rd under Bichette sr,and after Bo.Better diet..better HC,Vlad is a triple crown threat.We are a team noone wants to play.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,717

Post#112 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:13 am

DelAbbot wrote:Vladdy absolutely has the pedigree of Miguel Cabrera. He's just not mentally there until there is a change of scenery that instills some urgency and mental toughness

Pedigree? The talent maybe but that’s about it.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,283

Post#113 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:13 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:Vladdy absolutely has the pedigree of Miguel Cabrera. He's just not mentally there until there is a change of scenery that instills some urgency and mental toughness

Vlad and Manoah to a lesser extent might be my 2 most disappointing Jays prospects ever mainly because they both had elite seasons before then just forgot how to play.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 45,776

Post#114 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:25 pm

If last season didnt happen i wouldnt be concerned. But man they really need to change things up. Do something. Anything

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,674

Post#115 » by dagger » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:33 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
rarefind wrote:
Mad Prophet wrote:I guess Vlad should be benched against right-handers since he can't handle pitches high inside, low and away, and everything in between.

And our hitting coach should be fired since he can't actually coach hitters.

Who believes our hitting coach is just a front for Atkin's spreadsheet, same way as John Schneider. That's why hitting coach hasn't been fired yet - it's all Atkins at the keyboards controlling this team like OOTP commissioner mode.

I don't agree with that. There is a psychological aspect to Guerrero in particular, and I'd like to at least try to get him to change his approach and habits. At least Bo changes his approach within at-bats which makes him a more dangerous two-strike hitter, but I'd like Vlad to hear a different voice. He doesn't have to swing for the fences every AB, especially with RISP. And if another hitting coach can't tease Vlad out of his bad tendencies, then that would say a lot about the likelihood he can be anything more than he now appears to be.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,478

Post#116 » by LLJ » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:00 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Vlad and Manoah to a lesser extent might be my 2 most disappointing Jays prospects ever mainly because they both had elite seasons before then just forgot how to play.

They're also fat!

Seriously though, it's always a sensitive subject whenever it's brought up in the media but there needs to be an unsentimental kick in the butt when it comes to player conditioning. If a player from the NBA or NHL came to camp in this condition they would be destroyed by everyone but somehow in baseball there seems to be a lot more laissez faire attitude when it comes to the physical shape of players just because it's a "slow" sport.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,507

Post#117 » by Ranger One » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:07 pm

Vlads swing is completely different from his 2021 MVP season. And I don't understand why. Barker was talking about it after the game yesterday and he was also confused what happened between now and then and why he just doesn't look at what worked for him in 2021. And if he has, and his swing is still broken, then it's clearly all mental, just like with Manoah, and no amount of coaching and watching tape will ever fix it.

It's actually wild how our two biggest prospects have completely imploded mentally. What is going on in that clubhouse??
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#118 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:14 pm

What are these Vlad swings honestly
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#119 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:17 pm

Bichette does not even look like a major leaguer
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,103

Post#120 » by rarefind » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:17 pm

Bo sucks right now.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays