ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Blue Jays (2-3) @ Astros (1-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3

Moderator: JaysRule15

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Re: GT: Blue Jays (2-3) @ Astros (1-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3 

Post#281 » by DelAbbot » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:09 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Read on Twitter

We all know it's Atkins' spreadsheet that is platooning him
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,507

Re: GT: Blue Jays (2-3) @ Astros (1-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3 

Post#282 » by Ranger One » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:20 pm

So how long do we give Springer, Guerrero, Varsho and Kirk to get going here? All four are off to putrid starts. And KK doesn't even look like a major leaguer at the plate this year. He should be coming off the bench so Varsho can play Center where he belongs and Schneider can start everyday in LF. We desperately need his pop and KK shouldn't be playing everyday period with his .067 average.

Edit: I'd honestly even throw Bo in there as well since he's hitting below 200 and has had some noticeable defensive gaffs. So that's basically all 5 guys that we were counting on to have good starts, are not having good starts....at all. Why is everyone always bad at the same time???
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 45,768

Post#283 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:11 pm

Happy for davis
hst420
Pro Prospect
And1: 438

Post#284 » by hst420 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:26 pm

Ranger One wrote:So how long do we give Springer, Guerrero and Kirk to get going here? All three are off to putrid starts. And KK doesn't even look like a major leaguer at the plate this year. He should be coming off the bench so Varsho can play Center where he belongs and Schneider can start everyday in LF. We desperately need his pop and KK shouldn't be playing everyday period with his .067 average.

I would have to think that the slow start by Springer, Kirk and KK are not going unnoticed... whether or not there is a time threshold that would lead to a reshuffle I doubt it's less than 20 games. They might have to think about the weak contact by Springer hitting leadoff, the BABIP is quite poor.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,272

Post#285 » by Madvillainy2004 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:59 pm

hst420 wrote:
Ranger One wrote:So how long do we give Springer, Guerrero and Kirk to get going here? All three are off to putrid starts. And KK doesn't even look like a major leaguer at the plate this year. He should be coming off the bench so Varsho can play Center where he belongs and Schneider can start everyday in LF. We desperately need his pop and KK shouldn't be playing everyday period with his .067 average.

I would have to think that the slow start by Springer, Kirk and KK are not going unnoticed... whether or not there is a time threshold that would lead to a reshuffle I doubt it's less than 20 games. They might have to think about the weak contact by Springer hitting leadoff, the BABIP is quite poor.

I don't think any real changes are made until at least 20ish games. It is still like insanely early, Judge and Ohtani are the best hitters in baseball and are off to awful starts too. I don't think you change much other than Davis actually playing everyday and less Biggio/IKF/KK.
Ranger One
Analyst

Post#286 » by Ranger One » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:05 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
hst420 wrote:

I don't think any real changes are made until at least 20ish games. It is still like insanely early, Judge and Ohtani are the best hitters in baseball and are off to awful starts too. I don't think you change much other than Davis actually playing everyday and less Biggio/IKF/KK.

Yeah I'd be happy if I never have to see KK bat again. Like I said, the guy doesn't even look like a major leaguer at the plate. And his defence can be more than made up for by Varsho in Center. Davis Schneider is perfectly capable of holding down LF.
"We are Rangers.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,762

Post#287 » by bluerap23 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:15 pm

Ranger One wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:
hst420 wrote:

Yeah I'd be happy if I never have to see KK bat again. Like I said, the guy doesn't even look like a major leaguer at the plate. And his defence can be more than made up for by Varsho in Center. Davis Schneider is perfectly capable of holding down LF.

Zero chance KK is getting benched for Davis. The more likely scenario is Biggio getting replaced at 2B. Still no clue why they brought KK back though. The only reason his signing made sense last year was because it happened before the Varsho trade.
Ranger One
Analyst

Post#288 » by Ranger One » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:50 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
Ranger One wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:

Zero chance KK is getting benched for Davis. The more likely scenario is Biggio getting replaced at 2B. Still no clue why they brought KK back though. The only reason his signing made sense last year was because it happened before the Varsho trade.

So we care about feelings and seniority now over whats best for the team? Sounds like a solid way to run a winning organization! :roll:

KK Provides literally LESS than nothing at the plate. He cant make contact, he doesnt walk, he doesnt slug, nothing. And when you have an offense that cant score runs, you cant be bowing down to who makes how much or how long they've been here. If you dont contribute, you sit. But i guess we've already established long ago that this isnt a serious organization, so you're right, KK will never sit for Schneider.
"We are Rangers.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,717

Post#289 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Not a serious franchise.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Mehar
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,436

Post#290 » by Mehar » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:14 pm

What a disgrace not to see Davis Schneider in the lineup. We all predicted this last night. Absolute joke (LOL).
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#291 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach

Post#292 » by Madvillainy2004 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:43 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a disgrace honestly, his super hero run in August was the only reason this scrub team even made the postseason last year. He passed almost all the regulars in fWAR by the end of the season (nearly doubled Guerrero lol). Now he's single handedly won them a game they had no business winning by hitting a bomb off the best relief pitcher in the sport and he's benched for ****in IKF, KK, and goddamn Biggio???
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#293 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:22 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a disgrace honestly, his super hero run in August was the only reason this scrub team even made the postseason last year. He passed almost all the regulars in fWAR by the end of the season (nearly doubled Guerrero lol). Now he's single handedly won them a game they had no business winning by hitting a bomb off the best relief pitcher in the sport and he's benched for ****in IKF, KK, and goddamn Biggio???

Classic Jays front office sticking to their process above all else. Same kind of rigid thinking that led to the Berrios disaster. Have never seen anything quite like this clown show.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach

Post#294 » by Madvillainy2004 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:28 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Classic Jays front office sticking to their process above all else. Same kind of rigid thinking that led to the Berrios disaster. Have never seen anything quite like this clown show.

I just don't get why they can't give Davis a chance to hit righties. Lord knows how many chances this FO gave to Biggio/Espinal to be everyday players.

He crushed righties in Triple A with a 1.011 OPS. And he doesn't even have bad splits against them in the Majors. Not like career below average hitters like KK/IKF and Biggio would hit righties much better.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Post#295 » by DelAbbot » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:32 pm

Ranger One wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
Ranger One wrote:

So we care about feelings and seniority now over whats best for the team? Sounds like a solid way to run a winning organization! :roll:

KK Provides literally LESS than nothing at the plate. He cant make contact, he doesnt walk, he doesnt slug, nothing. And when you have an offense that cant score runs, you cant be bowing down to who makes how much or how long they've been here. If you dont contribute, you sit. But i guess we've already established long ago that this isnt a serious organization, so you're right, KK will never sit for Schneider.

The Pecking Order
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 32,616

Post#296 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:32 pm

lol, yesterday we were joking! But those maniacs actually went out and did it. Amazing.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach

Post#297 » by Madvillainy2004 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:37 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:lol, yesterday we were joking! But those maniacs actually went out and did it. Amazing.

It's cool John said he has to "earn" everyday at bats lmfao only put up a seasons worth of fWAR in 5 weeks and has hit 2 homeruns in 8 at bats so far this season.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#298 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:50 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:lol, yesterday we were joking! But those maniacs actually went out and did it. Amazing.

Oh, I wasn't joking. This is very much their M.O. and was expected. They stick to their process/plans and don't waver for "hot streaks" of any kind.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#299 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:53 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:

I just don't get why they can't give Davis a chance to hit righties. Lord knows how many chances this FO gave to Biggio/Espinal to be everyday players.

He crushed righties in Triple A with a 1.011 OPS. And he doesn't even have bad splits against them in the Majors. Not like career below average hitters like KK/IKF and Biggio would hit righties much better.

They've got their reasons, I'm sure (as ridiculous as they likely are). Something or someone is telling them this is the best lineup to win games in the aggregate against RHP, so they're sticking with it.
Ranger One
Analyst

Post#300 » by Ranger One » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:56 pm

Its early guys. Need at least 20-30 games to tell us that this lineup is just as trash as it was last year. Its not like we didnt have a 164 game sample size last year or anything. But hey, its a new year with the exact same faces, so obviously EVERYTHING will be different this time amirite??

The hope for this year was "internal growth" and that guys like Springer, Varsho, Guerrero and Kirk would have vastly superior hitting years. Yet so far, all im seeing is REGRESSION from last year, and i didnt even think that was possible LMFAO!

Springer, 3 for 22 with a .138 avg and .678 ops 2 HRs 2 RBIs
Varsho, 2 for 17 with a .118 avg and .368 ops 0 HRs 0 RBIs
Guerrero, 5 for 21 with a .238 avg and .766 ops 1 HRs 1 RBIs
Kirk, 2 for 18 with a .111 avg and .261 ops 0 HRs 4 RBIs

Man, that is some magical "internal growth" right there!
"We are Rangers.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays