ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the MLB 2018

Moderators: Rhettmatic, Alfred, Schad

User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1881 » by BigLeagueChew » Mon Oct 8, 2018 3:34 am

The_Hater wrote:
Hechavarria Is with the Yanks.

Yeah pretty nice backup shortstop. And1skip mentioned him a few posts up.
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1882 » by BigLeagueChew » Mon Oct 8, 2018 3:42 am

i've missed the Braves tomahawk chant
dagger
RealGM
Posts: 38,512
And1: 11,045
Joined: Aug 19, 2002
         

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1883 » by dagger » Mon Oct 8, 2018 10:36 pm

Well, at least Donaldson managed to eke out a hit in the last inning of Cleveland's last game. One hit for JD, one hit for EE, in the post-season. Jay Happ got blown out. Only Grandy seems to have excelled.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1884 » by BigLeagueChew » Tue Oct 9, 2018 3:12 am

Romine pitching in the alds...make room Cliff Pennington
User avatar
SharoneWright
RealGM
Posts: 20,864
And1: 7,458
Joined: Aug 03, 2006
Location: Fun times ahead.
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1885 » by SharoneWright » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:36 am

Pearce just saved 2 runs and the game. Congrats, budday.
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1886 » by BigLeagueChew » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:10 pm

The Final Four.

Image
HangTime
Veteran
Posts: 2,859
And1: 2,165
Joined: Oct 18, 2011

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1887 » by HangTime » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 pm

I hope it's the Milwaukee and the Houston in the World Series.

The Former NL team representing the AL, and The former AL team representing the NL.
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1888 » by BigLeagueChew » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 am

Woodruff nails a HR, Brewers relief pitcher.

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Skin Blues
Veteran
Posts: 2,554
And1: 827
Joined: Nov 24, 2010

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1889 » by Skin Blues » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Kinda sad watching Kershaw be so diminished. He was really struggling even to get to 92. Hasn't has a K-rate that low since his rookie season and his hard contact rate was 4 standard deviations higher than it's ever been in his career.
User avatar
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 49,765
And1: 10,922
Joined: Feb 08, 2006
Location: The Goat Rodeo
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1890 » by Schad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Kershaw has a really interesting decision this offseason. If he opts out, the various red flags are going to ensure that he gets far less than he would have a year ago. However, if he opts in and continues to decline, he won't be on the receiving end of a hell of a lot when hitting free agency at age 32. Probably makes sense for him to leave $65m on the table in order to get a longer deal with a lower AAV, but there is a tonne of risk in so doing.
**** your asterisk.
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1891 » by BigLeagueChew » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:34 am

Is this Verlander's best season?
phillipmike
Pro Prospect
Posts: 984
And1: 872
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
       

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1892 » by phillipmike » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:03 am

Schad wrote:Kershaw has a really interesting decision this offseason. If he opts out, the various red flags are going to ensure that he gets far less than he would have a year ago. However, if he opts in and continues to decline, he won't be on the receiving end of a hell of a lot when hitting free agency at age 32. Probably makes sense for him to leave $65m on the table in order to get a longer deal with a lower AAV, but there is a tonne of risk in so doing.


He would be highly sought after imo opinion regardless of the red flags to the extent he would make more money than 65M and set himself up better than now. I’m sure he can negotiate a long term deal with an opt out clause.

Arrieta had a worse last 2 seasons and got 75M over 3. He had a similar offer to Darvish earlier in the off-season.

Same with Darvish, much better last two seasons and Kershaw would be 2 years younger. Darvish got 126M over 6.

I think Kershaw would approach 150M over 5 years with an opt out. Because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and both LA teams could be after him. They would drive the price up.

Might have the Nats and Cards interested too.

That being said the Dodgers probably still throw the most at him.
User avatar
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 49,765
And1: 10,922
Joined: Feb 08, 2006
Location: The Goat Rodeo
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1893 » by Schad » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:49 am

phillipmike wrote:
Schad wrote:Kershaw has a really interesting decision this offseason. If he opts out, the various red flags are going to ensure that he gets far less than he would have a year ago. However, if he opts in and continues to decline, he won't be on the receiving end of a hell of a lot when hitting free agency at age 32. Probably makes sense for him to leave $65m on the table in order to get a longer deal with a lower AAV, but there is a tonne of risk in so doing.


He would be highly sought after imo opinion regardless of the red flags to the extent he would make more money than 65M and set himself up better than now. I’m sure he can negotiate a long term deal with an opt out clause.

Arrieta had a worse last 2 seasons and got 75M over 3. He had a similar offer to Darvish earlier in the off-season.

Same with Darvish, much better last two seasons and Kershaw would be 2 years younger. Darvish got 126M over 6.

I think Kershaw would approach 150M over 5 years with an opt out. Because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and both LA teams could be after him. They would drive the price up.

Might have the Nats and Cards interested too.

That being said the Dodgers probably still throw the most at him.


If someone wants to throw $150m/5 at Kershaw, they'll likely get him. I do not think that is at all a smart move, but it might happen.
**** your asterisk.
Black Watch
Senior
Posts: 710
And1: 299
Joined: Apr 23, 2014
 

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1894 » by Black Watch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:32 am

Why did Jeffress start the 8th?
YogiStewart is human garbage.
phillipmike
Pro Prospect
Posts: 984
And1: 872
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
       

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1895 » by phillipmike » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:30 pm

Schad wrote:
phillipmike wrote:
Schad wrote:Kershaw has a really interesting decision this offseason. If he opts out, the various red flags are going to ensure that he gets far less than he would have a year ago. However, if he opts in and continues to decline, he won't be on the receiving end of a hell of a lot when hitting free agency at age 32. Probably makes sense for him to leave $65m on the table in order to get a longer deal with a lower AAV, but there is a tonne of risk in so doing.


He would be highly sought after imo opinion regardless of the red flags to the extent he would make more money than 65M and set himself up better than now. I’m sure he can negotiate a long term deal with an opt out clause.

Arrieta had a worse last 2 seasons and got 75M over 3. He had a similar offer to Darvish earlier in the off-season.

Same with Darvish, much better last two seasons and Kershaw would be 2 years younger. Darvish got 126M over 6.

I think Kershaw would approach 150M over 5 years with an opt out. Because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and both LA teams could be after him. They would drive the price up.

Might have the Nats and Cards interested too.

That being said the Dodgers probably still throw the most at him.


If someone wants to throw $150m/5 at Kershaw, they'll likely get him. I do not think that is at all a smart move, but it might happen.


Yeah I may not be a smart move but I’m in the camp that if Kershaw isn’t hurt he should opt out as I think he can get more money and term with another opt out.
User avatar
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 49,765
And1: 10,922
Joined: Feb 08, 2006
Location: The Goat Rodeo
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1896 » by Schad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 am

Working in his favour is that he has been effective even with his declining velocity, but there's often a tipping point there. He's throwing a crazy number of sliders to offset his weaker fastball, and you worry that'll put further strain on an arm that has had a lot of it.

I'd love for him to end up a Yankee, honestly. For one thing, it'd refocus our efforts on 2021 and beyond; for another, it'd be money going his way that wouldn't be going to a younger star, and there's a good chance he'll be in sharp decline by the time we're ready to compete again.
**** your asterisk.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 70,179
And1: 23,280
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1897 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 am

Price gives up 4 in 4 2/3, the Sox come back to win 7-5 and ESPN is praising Price for pitching ‘good enough’ and giving the Sox a chance to win.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
User avatar
rotty
Head Coach
Posts: 7,228
And1: 34,503
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
   

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1898 » by rotty » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm

I did not expect the Red Sox to win last night. Cole was solid all year and price...is price... I wish both CS can go 7. its been fun
Image
Credit to LRJ- RealGM Big Brother Champion
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1899 » by BigLeagueChew » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Pearce with a home run off Joe Smith, another former Jay. I guess Moreland is injured.
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 9,868
And1: 4,026
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: Around the MLB 2018 

Post#1900 » by BigLeagueChew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:26 am

Osuna implodes. HBP rbi, then grand slam.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays