ImageImageImageImageImage

Russell Martin Hit Tracker: 4!

Moderator: JaysRule15

Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,542

Re: Russell Martin Hit Tracker: Up to 2! 

Post#21 » by Mak » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Martin hits : 4
Jays wins : 3
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Re: Russell Martin Hit Tracker: 4! 

Post#22 » by North_of_Border » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:40 am

Max Pentecost........

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#23 » by Skin Blues » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:35 pm

He had a rough first week, but in the 12 games since April 12th this is his triple slash: .275/.396/.525. I think it's time to stop worrying about Russell Martin and start worrying about... everything else, basically.

Side note: a triple slash only contains two slash marks. Hmm.
BigLeagueChew
RealGM
And1: 4,088

Post#24 » by BigLeagueChew » Mon May 1, 2017 6:52 pm

Skin Blues wrote:He had a rough first week, but in the 12 games since April 12th this is his triple slash: .275/.396/.525. I think it's time to stop worrying about Russell Martin and start worrying about... everything else, basically.

Yep.Martin leads the team in on base percentage with Donaldson out and Stroman reduced to only pitching. At his current pace he's headed towards 91 walks with143 k's but we know he's a streaky hitter.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Re: RE: Re: Russell Martin Hit Tracker: 4! 

Post#25 » by North_of_Border » Tue May 2, 2017 2:59 am

BigLeagueChew wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:He had a rough first week, but in the 12 games since April 12th this is his triple slash: .275/.396/.525. I think it's time to stop worrying about Russell Martin and start worrying about... everything else, basically.

Yep.Martin leads the team in on base percentage with Donaldson out and Stroman reduced to only pitching. At his current pace he's headed towards 91 walks with143 k's but we know he's a streaky hitter.

Maybe the Jays can trade bait him now. Trust me, no matter how good of a streak Martin gets on. He is not the same Russell Martin we signed. If a fool team asks for him, jump at the chance.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Re: RE: Re: Russell Martin Hit Tracker: 4! 

Post#26 » by Skin Blues » Tue May 2, 2017 3:47 pm

North_of_Border wrote:
BigLeagueChew wrote:

Maybe the Jays can trade bait him now. Trust me, no matter how good of a streak Martin gets on. He is not the same Russell Martin we signed. If a fool team asks for him, jump at the chance.

Hes' significantly out-earned his contract so far. In his 2+ seasons in Toronto his wRC+ is better than it was in his career to date when we signed him in 2014, and defensively I don't think there's any argument against how valuable he's been. Why would I trust you that he's not the same player?? If we sell off veterans and build for the future, then sure, he'd be a part of that. But it's not some sneaky contract dump, he's still very good.
BigLeagueChew
RealGM
And1: 4,088

Post#27 » by BigLeagueChew » Wed May 3, 2017 8:27 pm

North_of_Border wrote:Maybe the Jays can trade bait him now. Trust me, no matter how good of a streak Martin gets on. He is not the same Russell Martin we signed. If a fool team asks for him, jump at the chance.

Seems pretty much the same to me, he's tied for top 5 in mlb catchers in fwar at the moment. Tied with several others actually, that should change over the next month or two.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays