ImageImageImageImageImage

What does a Jays firesale look like?

Moderator: JaysRule15

Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Re: What does a Jays firesale look like? 

Post#361 » by Schad » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:39 pm

zilby wrote:Fair enough, but exactly 0% of this analysis was motivated by baseball reasons.

Nope! But his scouting report actually looks pretty good...throws mid-90s from the left side, has posted spectacular numbers in A+/AA, just turned 22. He's also a Kennesaw State grad, which is seemingly our favourite haunt.

Might be too much prospect for Liriano, but he's a relief-only pitcher who won't help the Royals until after half their team has walked, so I can dream.
**** your asterisk.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#362 » by zilby » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Schad wrote:
zilby wrote:Fair enough, but exactly 0% of this analysis was motivated by baseball reasons.

Nope! But his scouting report actually looks pretty good...throws mid-90s from the left side, has posted spectacular numbers in A+/AA, just turned 22. He's also a Kennesaw State grad, which is seemingly our favourite haunt.

Might be too much prospect for Liriano, but he's a relief-only pitcher who won't help the Royals until after half their team has walked, so I can dream.

Possibly. The Royals also just gave up quite a lot for Cahill and Maurer, though. Strahm was their No. 1 prospect before his injuries this year, Ruiz was also a very highly-regarded prospect. It's not out of the realm of possibility if they really want to appease guys like Hosmer, Moustakas, or if they're trying for one last ride before the gang disperses, it fits with Frankie's expiring contract. Depending on their motives, they may be inclined to give us a Lovelady. Also, they may be inclined to give us their pitching prospect.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#363 » by metafisical » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Looked on mlbtraderumors, and it seems the Cubs may have interest too? Between Cubs and Royals, who would be the more likely to give up better value for us?
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#364 » by Tanner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Schad wrote:Being good by 2020 might not be expected, but we would expect to be on the up-slope, becoming competitive with a steady stream of talent coming to the majors, and the finances and surplus prospects to make further moves. If we lose Stroman, Osuna and Sanchez making a vain run at competing over the next couple years, then we're looking at the possibility of rebuilding through 2023, maybe longer. Hell, we might well find ourselves in a familiar position: having to abort a more natural rebuild in order to take a stab at competing as Vlad/Bichette approach free agency.

I don't disagree with that, but let's look at the alternative. Say the Jays try to compete in 2018 and fail. Right back to this same spot next year. So they trade Donaldson for whatever they can get. Then they keep Smoak, Stroman, Sanchez, and Osuna until the trade deadline of 2019 because they want to take another stab at it in 2019 (I don't think they will but I'll use your argument that they will never rebuild). They trade Smoak at the 2019 deadline, and the other three either at the same time as Smoak or winter prior to the 2020 season. So basically in that scenario they would hold on to all of them until they are about to become free agents.

It is hard to say what the returns in trades will be a year or two years from now because a lot can change in player value, but realistically, in the above scenario, how much does that postpone the team's next window of contention? A year? A few years?

No doubt they will get more value for Stroman now than they would 2 years from now, but how many teams trade front of the rotation pitchers with 3 years of arb left?

In every case, though, those rentals would have gotten far more if they weren't rentals. Norris + minor pieces would not a David Price deal make if he had a year and a half of team control.

Cespedes with more years of control left got half a season of Lester, and then Porcello in prior trades. When he had two months remaining, he got Fulmer. That seems like a net positive for the Tigers. I'll give you Price. Norris was a top 20 prospect in baseball in 2015, and probably somewhat comparable to Smyly (the main guy Tampa got for Price the year before), but Matt Boyd and Labourt are not Wily Adames (who was 18 at the time of the deal) so that's a clear win for trading him the year before. Regardless, in theory yes you will get more if you're giving up a player with more years of control but that doesn't mean you won't get talent back for a rental. A lot will depend on the front office's ability to evaluate talent.

Nothing is guaranteed to work. Some things have a much better likelihood of working, however. Hoping to turn a terrible team into a Wild Card contender with little talent bubbling up and two key players hitting free agency and then hoping that this will not impact your talent base is one of those things with an insanely high degree of difficulty.

I agree that rebuilding is a legitimate philosophy, and the Jays may need to do it. Where we disagree is doing it now and potentially settling for less of a return, or waiting a year and seeing if they can either build a competitive team in '18 or sell when their best player's value might be a bit higher (or the market has more of a demand for 3b).

Ultimately yes I do think Rogers is behind wanting to contend next season, between the increased attendance and renovations to the stadium, they will want to keep the money rolling in. Where I disagree is that it's going to significantly impact this team's next competitive window. Maybe I have more faith in Shapiro than others.
Tanner
Veteran

Post#365 » by Tanner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:12 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Tanner wrote:
Schad wrote:.
I just don't get the logic of wanting to strip the roster down to nothing years before you have to just to stockpile prospects as if that's guaranteed to work. Maximize the value of the asset regardless of team direction, and if you think there will be an opportunity to contend next season, then make sure you can still move the pieces later if things go south.

Help me understand this 'before we have to' argument. I won't even venture into the part where you think this won't be necessary until 'years' into the future.

The Jays have one of the weakest farm systems in baseball. Check. BA ranks us 20th in MLB.

On top of the weak farm system Jays haven't added an everyday position player or starting pitcher to their lineup/rotation, from the minors, in 3 seasons. Check.

The Jays are an old team. Check. They're currently the oldest team in MLB in terms of average age.

Old players tend to depreciate not appreciate in both value and production. Check.

The Jays aren't very good. Check. They're currently in last place 7 games under .500

The Jays are actually worse than their current record. Check. Their run differential is that of a team 17 games below .500

The Jays have spent a lot $$$ on this team. Check. 5th highest total payroll in MLB.

So what exactly are we waiting to happen before it's time to dismantle the current situation and start over? What is it about the current situation that makes people think that next year just isn't going to be better, but the Jays can be back in contention with young improving teams like the BoSox and Yankees?

They should have rebuilt after 2015 using that logic. Old roster, wasn't going to get better, had to find 3 starters + an entire AAA rotation, and so on. Shapiro/Atkins/LaCava practically saved that 2016 team with their pitching acquisitions. It could have gone the opposite direction very easily without Happ, Estrada, Liriano in the 2nd half, and others. But they saw a window and tried to continue it. If they Jays feel they have a window with Donaldson, and that the existing roster has underachieved beyond reasonable decline (and clearly that's the case), then why not? They can rebuild a year from now if/when it fails.

Barring some great GM work, Atkins is not going to be getting much back for the vets on this roster. Donaldson is having his worst season and has been hurt in a market where contenders simply do not need third basemen. Smoak has been awesome but has no track record (he's much more of an asset next year at this time if he continues to hit like this). With 3+ years of control left, there is no hurry to trade the young pitching who should be able to maintain value over the next two years barring injury.

The Jays don't have to rebuild right now. They could if they wanted to, and I wouldn't complain if they did, but they don't have to. They could take another stab at it next year and go from there. I think too many people have the NBA mindset here. Rebuilding in baseball can be a lot more fluid.
Tanner
Veteran

Post#366 » by Tanner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:16 pm

zilby wrote:Makes the most sense to trade Frankie now and try to get something of value. He was really good down the stretch last year, definitely capable of doing it again for another team. And the good news is, unlike the Pirates, we won't have to attach prospects just to get rid of him.

Where the Jays have some advantage is that they are selling not due to financial reasons but due to circumstances. The team probably had money left to spend this month if they were in the race, and attendance is still strong. So they could realistically eat up all the money on Liriano and Estrada in trades to increase the value they get back. Probably won't get much back anyway, but every bit helps.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#367 » by The_Hater » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Tanner wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Tanner wrote:

Help me understand this 'before we have to' argument. I won't even venture into the part where you think this won't be necessary until 'years' into the future.

The Jays have one of the weakest farm systems in baseball. Check. BA ranks us 20th in MLB.

On top of the weak farm system Jays haven't added an everyday position player or starting pitcher to their lineup/rotation, from the minors, in 3 seasons. Check.

The Jays are an old team. Check. They're currently the oldest team in MLB in terms of average age.

Old players tend to depreciate not appreciate in both value and production. Check.

The Jays aren't very good. Check. They're currently in last place 7 games under .500

The Jays are actually worse than their current record. Check. Their run differential is that of a team 17 games below .500

The Jays have spent a lot $$$ on this team. Check. 5th highest total payroll in MLB.

So what exactly are we waiting to happen before it's time to dismantle the current situation and start over? What is it about the current situation that makes people think that next year just isn't going to be better, but the Jays can be back in contention with young improving teams like the BoSox and Yankees?

They should have rebuilt after 2015 using that logic. Old roster, wasn't going to get better, had to find 3 starters + an entire AAA rotation, and so on. Shapiro/Atkins/LaCava practically saved that 2016 team with their pitching acquisitions. It could have gone the opposite direction very easily without Happ, Estrada, Liriano in the 2nd half, and others. But they saw a window and tried to continue it. If they Jays feel they have a window with Donaldson, and that the existing roster has underachieved beyond reasonable decline (and clearly that's the case), then why not? They can rebuild a year from now if/when it fails.

Barring some great GM work, Atkins is not going to be getting much back for the vets on this roster. Donaldson is having his worst season and has been hurt in a market where contenders simply do not need third basemen. Smoak has been awesome but has no track record (he's much more of an asset next year at this time if he continues to hit like this). With 3+ years of control left, there is no hurry to trade the young pitching who should be able to maintain value over the next two years barring injury.

The Jays don't have to rebuild right now. They could if they wanted to, and I wouldn't complain if they did, but they don't have to. They could take another stab at it next year and go from there. I think too many people have the NBA mindset here. Rebuilding in baseball can be a lot more fluid.

But they weren't an old roster at the beginning of 2015, they were a team primarily in their primes and they still had a fairly deep farm system until AA unloaded a bunch of those prospects at the deadline to add Price, Tulo, Lowe and Revere. 2 years makes a huge difference and it shows in performance.

If you can't see the difference between the 2015 roster, which was clearly one of the best in the league full of players playing at their athletic peak and had a run differential of a 102 win team and the current version, which is two years older and bad both scoring and preventing runs and has the run differential of a 68 win team, I don't know what to say but that's a really bad argument IMO. We're clearly trending the wrong direction with a old, expensive roster
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#368 » by Schad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Tanner wrote:I don't disagree with that, but let's look at the alternative. Say the Jays try to compete in 2018 and fail. Right back to this same spot next year. So they trade Donaldson for whatever they can get. Then they keep Smoak, Stroman, Sanchez, and Osuna until the trade deadline of 2019 because they want to take another stab at it in 2019 (I don't think they will but I'll use your argument that they will never rebuild). They trade Smoak at the 2019 deadline, and the other three either at the same time as Smoak or winter prior to the 2020 season. So basically in that scenario they would hold on to all of them until they are about to become free agents.

It is hard to say what the returns in trades will be a year or two years from now because a lot can change in player value, but realistically, in the above scenario, how much does that postpone the team's next window of contention? A year? A few years?

No doubt they will get more value for Stroman now than they would 2 years from now, but how many teams trade front of the rotation pitchers with 3 years of arb left?

You're still framing this as if I'm talking only about 2017, though. If we're absolute garbage at the deadline next year, maybe we do move Donaldson (at a steep discount). What I'm really talking about is the distinct possibility that we're merely mediocre next season, and because we have a mandate to "please the fans", that means that we don't trade Donaldson at all, even if we hit the deadline as something of a fringe contender for the Wild Card. Hell, that then puts pressure on us to actually add to the team to chase the dream, further eroding our prospect base

How much it delays things depends on that outcome. If we're a near-.500 team this time next year, and all we get for Donaldson and Happ are comp picks who won't reach the majors until, if things go well, 2023 or 2024 (and are far less likely to reach the majors overall than if you trade for some team's best prospect who is in the upper minors)...well, that could delay things quite a bit. Particularly if we then repeat the process in 2019.

And we don't have to trade Stroman right now. Not all of these moves will happen in the course of a few days. But should we be shopping Happ now? Yup. Should we be shopping Donaldson in the summer? Yup. Should we be shopping Osuna over the next calendar year? Absolutely. With Stroman, you have a nice chunk of leverage with those years of team control; if someone offers a king's ransom in short order, you trade him. If not, you wait.

Cespedes with more years of control left got half a season of Lester, and then Porcello in prior trades. When he had two months remaining, he got Fulmer. That seems like a net positive for the Tigers. I'll give you Price. Norris was a top 20 prospect in baseball in 2015, and probably somewhat comparable to Smyly (the main guy Tampa got for Price the year before), but Matt Boyd and Labourt are not Wily Adames (who was 18 at the time of the deal) so that's a clear win for trading him the year before. Regardless, in theory yes you will get more if you're giving up a player with more years of control but that doesn't mean you won't get talent back for a rental. A lot will depend on the front office's ability to evaluate talent.

If we're relying on the front office's ability to evaluate talent and get us very good deals, wouldn't we still prefer to trade players at peak value, when presumably their evaluation skills would get us better deals?

I agree that rebuilding is a legitimate philosophy, and the Jays may need to do it. Where we disagree is doing it now and potentially settling for less of a return, or waiting a year and seeing if they can either build a competitive team in '18 or sell when their best player's value might be a bit higher (or the market has more of a demand for 3b).

Ultimately yes I do think Rogers is behind wanting to contend next season, between the increased attendance and renovations to the stadium, they will want to keep the money rolling in. Where I disagree is that it's going to significantly impact this team's next competitive window. Maybe I have more faith in Shapiro than others.

I think fairly highly of Shapiro. But he's not a magician; he walked into what was a really difficult situation, and managed to wring a second playoff berth out of it when that might not have been likely. But it'd take nothing short of a miracle to retool this into a contender, given that the core keeps getting older, we won't have much by way of money to spend ($40m to fill several holes doesn't go far), and we won't have much help bubbling up in the short term.
**** your asterisk.
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#369 » by polo007 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Read on Twitter

As a seller, it is better to make a deal before the deadline as opposed to during the waiver period. Prior to the deadline, clubs have leverage because they can sell to multiple teams. If a player gets claimed during the waiver period, then he can only be traded to that one team. It’s hard to make a good deal with only one club interested.

The Blue Jays have proclaimed themselves both buyers and sellers as the deadline approaches. If they buy, they will only acquire players who offer control beyond this season. If a deal doesn’t get done before the July 31 deadline, this type of player won’t clear waivers and won’t likely get to them on waivers. So, if the Jays don’t buy now they won’t be buying until the off-season.

If the Jays are going to sell, guys like Marco Estrada, Francisco Liriano, Jose Bautista and Joe Smith could be on the move. If a deal isn’t struck by the deadline, it will be because the underperformance of the players has limited the market or the return wasn’t worth the reduction in competitiveness at the big-league level.

The only player who wouldn’t likely get through waivers in August is Joe Smith, because he has performed well and has a reasonable contract.

The likelihood is that any deal for Liriano, Estrada and Bautista would include the Jays having to eat some part of their salary so they will all clear waivers. If a club claims any of the three, the Jays can give them to that club to get out from the remaining salary. This will allow Toronto to trade them to any interested team, so, if they perform better in August a trade market could pop up.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#370 » by Skin Blues » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 pm

polo007 wrote:
Read on Twitter

As a seller, it is better to make a deal before the deadline as opposed to during the waiver period. Prior to the deadline, clubs have leverage because they can sell to multiple teams. If a player gets claimed during the waiver period, then he can only be traded to that one team. It’s hard to make a good deal with only one club interested.

The Blue Jays have proclaimed themselves both buyers and sellers as the deadline approaches. If they buy, they will only acquire players who offer control beyond this season. If a deal doesn’t get done before the July 31 deadline, this type of player won’t clear waivers and won’t likely get to them on waivers. So, if the Jays don’t buy now they won’t be buying until the off-season.

If the Jays are going to sell, guys like Marco Estrada, Francisco Liriano, Jose Bautista and Joe Smith could be on the move. If a deal isn’t struck by the deadline, it will be because the underperformance of the players has limited the market or the return wasn’t worth the reduction in competitiveness at the big-league level.

The only player who wouldn’t likely get through waivers in August is Joe Smith, because he has performed well and has a reasonable contract.

The likelihood is that any deal for Liriano, Estrada and Bautista would include the Jays having to eat some part of their salary so they will all clear waivers. If a club claims any of the three, the Jays can give them to that club to get out from the remaining salary. This will allow Toronto to trade them to any interested team, so, if they perform better in August a trade market could pop up.

So, we're in a flexible position to sell because all of our players are overpaid. yay!

I will note though, that the main reason it's better to sell prior to the non-waiver deadline is not because the amount of teams you can trade to is larger, because as mentioned our guys who will clear waivers negate that part. The main problem is most of the buyers will have already bought the guys for the spots they need the most, not wanting to limit themselves to the crop of pitchers that will clear waivers. Now, you might also have borderline teams like the Twins/Mariners/Rays etc that go on a 5 game win streak in August and all of a sudden are willing to commit to more of a push than they were on July 31st. And the thing is... we could even be one of those teams, if we go on a 5 game streak in August. Sure it's unlikely, but the flexibility to be able to wait is nice. And if we get overwhelmed on an offer for Smoak or Donaldson prior to July 31st, at this point, I think we have to consider that too.
polo007
General Manager

Post#371 » by polo007 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter
polo007
General Manager

Post#372 » by polo007 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:07 am

Read on Twitter

The Toronto Blue Jays are now said to be willing to listen on their fine lefty starter J.A. Happ, according to sources, though any deal they’d make is with an eye on 2018 and Happ is under contract through next year.

It isn’t known what the likelihood of a Happ deal might be, but they don’t appear to be shopping him hard, and understandably may not be at all disappointed to carry him into next year.

The Jays have made available free-agents-to-be Marco Estrada and Francisco Liriano, who both aren’t having their best years. Both are talented pitchers with some October success in their past, so teams are considering those pitchers — though they may be fallback options to the few starters on the market.

The trade market for top starters is very thin, so Toronto may just take a look to see if someone would pay strongly. Happ had a big year last year — he finished 20-4 with a 3.18 ERA and earned a sixth-place Cy Young finish — but has missed a little time this year and is 3-8 with a 4.15 ERA. He is to make $13 million next year, the final year of a free agent deal he signed with Toronto.
polo007
General Manager

Post#373 » by polo007 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:02 am

Read on Twitter
polo007
General Manager

Post#374 » by polo007 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 am

Read on Twitter

The Blue Jays, if they overcommit in the wrong spots this winter, could end up in a similar spot despite a payroll of around $165 million. Their farm system includes two potential future cornerstones in Vladimir Guerrero Jr., and Bo Bichette, but there’s a gap before they’ll be ready and little surplus to deal from to get immediate help for the big-league club.

Beyond Marcus Stroman, Aaron Sanchez and Roberto Osuna, there’s little upside to be found on the roster for 2018, although a healthy Josh Donaldson should rebound in a big way before he hits free agency. How Troy Tulowitzki returns from the ligament tear in his right ankle – the Blue Jays didn’t reveal details Sunday but the damage is said to be significant – is a major question. Justin Smoak will need to repeat, while Russell Martin and Kendrys Morales will each be another year older.

And there’s no looming bounty coming before the non-waiver trade deadline passes Monday afternoon at 4 p.m. ET. The Blue Jays most likely to be moved remain lefty Francisco Liriano and reliever Joe Smith, with a lesser chance that Marco Estrada gets dealt, as well.

Other opportunities are less far along, although time remains for surprise to arise, with Sportsnet’s Jeff Blair reporting that Cleveland recently phoned the Blue Jays to inquire about Jose Bautista. Any deal for Bautista is complicated by veto power granted by his rights as a player with 10 years of service time, five straight with the same team and the Blue Jays aren’t likely to approach him without a firm offer. But pairing him with Smith could solve a couple of needs for the Indians.

Bautista and Smith could also make some sense for the Nationals, while the Royals and Brewers are seeking starters, although both were said to have cooled on Estrada. Liriano also might hold appeal for teams seeking a swingman as the lefty can both start and relieve.
Tanner
Veteran

Post#375 » by Tanner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Schad wrote:You're still framing this as if I'm talking only about 2017, though. If we're absolute garbage at the deadline next year, maybe we do move Donaldson (at a steep discount). What I'm really talking about is the distinct possibility that we're merely mediocre next season, and because we have a mandate to "please the fans", that means that we don't trade Donaldson at all, even if we hit the deadline as something of a fringe contender for the Wild Card. Hell, that then puts pressure on us to actually add to the team to chase the dream, further eroding our prospect base.

How much it delays things depends on that outcome. If we're a near-.500 team this time next year, and all we get for Donaldson and Happ are comp picks who won't reach the majors until, if things go well, 2023 or 2024 (and are far less likely to reach the majors overall than if you trade for some team's best prospect who is in the upper minors)...well, that could delay things quite a bit. Particularly if we then repeat the process in 2019.

I don't think Shapiro will pull an Alex in that scenario. Alex was on the way out, and knew he did not have to deal with the aftermath of his short term moves. So he basically said F it and went for it. This front office is in for the long haul and will have to deal with the consequences of any short sighted moves they make. I don't see them doing anything crazy. Sure, maybe they will keep JD and Happ if the team is in the race, but seriously in the race. If they are 3 games out with 5 teams to pass, or something like that, then I don't think they'll be delusional about it. They'd move JD and Happ in that scenario. But yes, they do face a KC Royals type situation where they keep everyone, look like a 2nd WC team, and end up losing JD for a comp pick. I mean if it leads to a playoff appearance, then I think it's worth it.

But should we be shopping Happ now? Yup.

I agree on moving Happ. I don't mind keeping him either, but his age and value now should make him a trade candidate if the right offer comes along. He is one of the few vets who should have high value, but he's also been hurt with a performance drop off, so who really knows.

If we're relying on the front office's ability to evaluate talent and get us very good deals, wouldn't we still prefer to trade players at peak value, when presumably their evaluation skills would get us better deals?

If Donaldson were playing like 2013-16 Donaldson right now, then yes, I'd agree.

I think fairly highly of Shapiro. But he's not a magician; he walked into what was a really difficult situation, and managed to wring a second playoff berth out of it when that might not have been likely. But it'd take nothing short of a miracle to retool this into a contender, given that the core keeps getting older, we won't have much by way of money to spend ($40m to fill several holes doesn't go far), and we won't have much help bubbling up in the short term.

They might have to rebuild after 2018 regardless of how that season finishes up, and by then the players who should have the most trade value anyway will still have a lot of trade value (Stroman, Sanchez, Osuna). I think keeping the situation fluid is a good idea. They won't be getting a huge haul for their vets this summer, so see what happens next year. A playoff appearance, as unlikely as some seem to think it is in 2018, is still a much more desired outcome than prematurely starting a rebuild. I still think the Jays could do both in 2018 (go for it and build). They will just have to guess right on players they acquire short term. It worked in 2016, not so much in 2017 with Morales, although they could have signed Edwin and Fowler and this would still be a bad team, so can't really fault Kendrys. Just one of those years where everything save for Smoak and Stroman has gone wrong.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#376 » by Natural11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:19 pm

The lack of moves thus far is disappointing. Do they really want to stand pat with this lineup?

There aren't even any solid rumours. Liriano? Yeah no kidding they would love to move him. How about a move that gets us back more than a set of free movie passes.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#377 » by Natural11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Looks like our firesale dreams are on hold for a while. Reasonable returns on Liriano and Smith, but that's about as safe as you can play it as sellers.
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#378 » by BramptonYute » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:31 pm

trade happ before he becomes a back end rotation starter and id probably trade donaldson because I really dont think they'll give him the contract that he wants and will get.

Doubt either of those moves are made until the deadline next year tho

Return to Toronto Blue Jays