ImageImageImageImageImage

ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5)

Moderators: Rhettmatic, Alfred, Schad

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,482
And1: 612
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Location: Toronto

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#21 » by spykelee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 am

I think we need a steve Pearce hit tracker


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,482
And1: 612
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Location: Toronto

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#22 » by spykelee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:10 am

Glad the raps game ended in time for me to catch the jays losing a challenge. Nobody losses those better than us and that's kind of like winning


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 43,771
And1: 6,539
Joined: Feb 08, 2006
Location: I am not, and never have been, a member of the Communist bandwagon
     

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#23 » by Schad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 am

spykelee wrote:I think we need a steve Pearce hit tracker


Not supposed to bump threads that are weeks old.
User avatar
s e n s i
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 2,033
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Ontario
       

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#24 » by s e n s i » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 am

thankfully we don't have to face TBD again until presumably the weekend
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by over $70 million the next four seasons (2013-2016).
User avatar
-MetA4-
Head Coach
Posts: 6,590
And1: 212
Joined: May 28, 2003
Location: London

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#25 » by -MetA4- » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 am

LMAO so if Smoak didn't jog his ass to first base this would be a tie game right now.
User avatar
s e n s i
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 2,033
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Ontario
       

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#26 » by s e n s i » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 am

atta boy zeke! really needed this one-run L
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by over $70 million the next four seasons (2013-2016).
User avatar
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
Posts: 6,821
And1: 1,444
Joined: Jul 10, 2008
Location: Virginia
     

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#27 » by RapsFanInVA » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 am

Another one-run loss! Cue the music, let's celebrate! As good as a win
dagger
RealGM
Posts: 36,233
And1: 8,123
Joined: Aug 19, 2002
         

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#28 » by dagger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:16 am

So, Justin Smoak's average is more than double Jose Bautista's, and Kevin Pillar is our leading hitter. All makes perfect sense.
For sports oriented Twitter content, follow @accfanto
User avatar
JaysRule15
General Manager
Posts: 9,822
And1: 30,044
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: S.S. Shambles en route to Guangdong

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#29 » by JaysRule15 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 am

Nice to see us battle back in the 9th to make it a one run loss. Looks like that's the only aspect of the 2015/16 Jays that carried over to this season.
Image
S/O BrunoSkull
polo007
Veteran
Posts: 2,745
And1: 512
Joined: Nov 02, 2006

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#30 » by polo007 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:14 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Raps_Swingman
Analyst
Posts: 3,073
And1: 193
Joined: Dec 28, 2002
       

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#31 » by Raps_Swingman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am

This is starting to get ugly. I could see some clubhouse brawls at some point the way things are going. Someone will say something stupid and everyone is already on edge.
That's what she said.
User avatar
Natural11
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 1,313
Joined: Nov 27, 2008

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#32 » by Natural11 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Gotta pad those 1 run loss stats. Lol.
User avatar
torontoaces04
Analyst
Posts: 3,243
And1: 409
Joined: Jun 08, 2005
Contact:
       

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#33 » by torontoaces04 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Too many strong personalities in our clubhouse for a last-place team. This is going to get REALLY ugly if our record remains terrible.

It's going to become a soap opera.
polo007
Veteran
Posts: 2,745
And1: 512
Joined: Nov 02, 2006

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#34 » by polo007 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 43,771
And1: 6,539
Joined: Feb 08, 2006
Location: I am not, and never have been, a member of the Communist bandwagon
     

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#35 » by Schad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm

If that PTBNL can be used as a TBD, we might be in business.
User avatar
JaysRule15
General Manager
Posts: 9,822
And1: 30,044
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: S.S. Shambles en route to Guangdong

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#36 » by JaysRule15 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:53 pm

I like Stroman, but don't care for his personality at all. He can't openly disagree with what the manager says in front of the media. Guys like Bautista, JD and Tulo have egos because they've done something in this league. Stroman has done absolutely nothing at all. He shouldn't be talking like that.
Image
S/O BrunoSkull
User avatar
Natural11
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 1,313
Joined: Nov 27, 2008

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#37 » by Natural11 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:47 pm

JaysRule15 wrote:I like Stroman, but don't care for his personality at all. He can't openly disagree with what the manager says in front of the media. Guys like Bautista, JD and Tulo have egos because they've done something in this league. Stroman has done absolutely nothing at all. He shouldn't be talking like that.


I can (barely) tolerate his twitchyness and amped up persona on the mount when he's pitching like an all-star, but my patience for him ran out last year after a mediocre season.

He's still a young guy, so I'm hoping that age will mature him a bit.
User avatar
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
Posts: 14,388
And1: 7,999
Joined: Dec 05, 2002
   

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#38 » by Lateral Quicks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Natural11 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:I like Stroman, but don't care for his personality at all. He can't openly disagree with what the manager says in front of the media. Guys like Bautista, JD and Tulo have egos because they've done something in this league. Stroman has done absolutely nothing at all. He shouldn't be talking like that.


I can (barely) tolerate his twitchyness and amped up persona on the mount when he's pitching like an all-star, but my patience for him ran out last year after a mediocre season.

He's still a young guy, so I'm hoping that age will mature him a bit.


I'm not a fan of his personality either, but I think his 2016 season was underrated. 200+ innings with decent peripherals is pretty solid, especially after the atrocious start to his year.
User avatar
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
Posts: 14,388
And1: 7,999
Joined: Dec 05, 2002
   

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#39 » by Lateral Quicks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 pm

We may score if Boston makes a couple more errors this inning.
User avatar
BramptonYute
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,025
And1: 4,775
Joined: Mar 14, 2013
     

Re: ST4: BLUE JAYS (2-10) HOST RED SOX (7-5) 

Post#40 » by BramptonYute » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 pm

Raps_Swingman wrote:This is starting to get ugly. I could see some clubhouse brawls at some point the way things are going. Someone will say something stupid and everyone is already on edge.

Sanchez vs Stroman lol

Return to Toronto Blue Jays