ImageImageImageImageImage

ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30

Moderators: Rhettmatic, Alfred, Schad

User avatar
TOStateofMind
RealGM
Posts: 14,920
And1: 8,084
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#81 » by TOStateofMind » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Schad wrote:High drama: on the final day of April, we will play for a chance to pick up our only victorious series in April, and our first consecutive games won of the season. And also to accomplish the only thing more bizarre than the Pillar/Smoak Experience: giving me a series win as thread-starter.

So much on the line. Absolute must watch tv.
Image
johanliebert
Pro Prospect
Posts: 936
And1: 375
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
 

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#82 » by johanliebert » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:Martin now has his OPS above .700, just 40 points away from his career average.

Bautista continues to look toast, however, with a .520 OPS despite 14 walks in 98 PAs entering today's game. The team can't afford to keep him in the 3-hole any longer. When Donaldson and Tulo come back, he should be hitting no higher than 6th.

what are his numbers the past 7 days?
User avatar
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
Posts: 14,466
And1: 8,072
Joined: Dec 05, 2002
   

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#83 » by Lateral Quicks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:34 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:Martin now has his OPS above .700, just 40 points away from his career average.

Bautista continues to look toast, however, with a .520 OPS despite 14 walks in 98 PAs entering today's game. The team can't afford to keep him in the 3-hole any longer. When Donaldson and Tulo come back, he should be hitting no higher than 6th.

what are his numbers the past 7 days?


Bautista's? From last Saturday to yesterday (6 games total), he's batting .261 with 4 BB, 5 K, and no extra base hits. And throw in 2 GIDP for good measure. Let's hope this doesn't constitute a hot streak.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,497
And1: 616
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Location: Toronto

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#84 » by spykelee » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm not surprised at Pillar. It isn't unheard of for guys to learn and get better as there careers go on. Some of the best players in sports, come years into their careers. He was a guy who always hit and I felt confident he would someday. He's one of the key guys I'd like to see stay here if you do tear it down and not just because he's a better hitter. He's a guy who means more to the team and the city and country.

I also felt for years that one day, one year, goins would hit okay... He had a good eye and a decent swing even years ago. I'm happy to see him ripping the ball for the most part.

Smoak however, I had zero hope for. None. I felt like he was a guy who was trying to work walks and just wasn't ready to swing... that seems to have changed. Wonder if somebody talked to him about that as he's been a lot more aggressive lately.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 43,998
And1: 6,667
Joined: Feb 08, 2006
Location: I am not, and never have been, a member of the Communist bandwagon
     

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#85 » by Schad » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 am

Perhaps it's just the small sample, but looking at the numbers Smoak's (modest; I mean, his OBP is still a mess) success seems to be coming from a very simple place: he's making contact with the pitches he swings at. Despite swinging more frequently when pitches are thrown outside the zone. Is that sustainable? Dunno!
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 47,226
And1: 10,482
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#86 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Schad wrote:Perhaps it's just the small sample, but looking at the numbers Smoak's (modest; I mean, his OBP is still a mess) success seems to be coming from a very simple place: he's making contact with the pitches he swings at. Despite swinging more frequently when pitches are thrown outside the zone. Is that sustainable? Dunno!


I'll keep yelling hit the ball at the TV, so yes, it is probably sustainable.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
johanliebert
Pro Prospect
Posts: 936
And1: 375
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
 

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#87 » by johanliebert » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:
johanliebert wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:Martin now has his OPS above .700, just 40 points away from his career average.

Bautista continues to look toast, however, with a .520 OPS despite 14 walks in 98 PAs entering today's game. The team can't afford to keep him in the 3-hole any longer. When Donaldson and Tulo come back, he should be hitting no higher than 6th.

what are his numbers the past 7 days?


Bautista's? From last Saturday to yesterday (6 games total), he's batting .261 with 4 BB, 5 K, and no extra base hits. And throw in 2 GIDP for good measure. Let's hope this doesn't constitute a hot streak.




:lol:

well hes moved up in the order for today.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,497
And1: 616
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Location: Toronto

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#88 » by spykelee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm

1 goddamn inning, really?
Smh


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
johanliebert
Pro Prospect
Posts: 936
And1: 375
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
 

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#89 » by johanliebert » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm

spykelee wrote:1 goddamn inning, really?
Smh


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


blister again?
ozzykhan16
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,120
And1: 3,677
Joined: Apr 19, 2009

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#90 » by ozzykhan16 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

What happened to sanchez?
Jago88
Ballboy
Posts: 42
And1: 74
Joined: Dec 05, 2014
         

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#91 » by Jago88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:52 pm

johanliebert wrote:
spykelee wrote:1 goddamn inning, really?
Smh


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


blister again?



Yep, blister

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/227417206/aaron-sanchez-return-cut-short-by-blister/?topicId=27118412
So_Fresh
Junior
Posts: 499
And1: 339
Joined: Jan 29, 2013

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#92 » by So_Fresh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:00 pm

the nightmare season continues...
Jago88
Ballboy
Posts: 42
And1: 74
Joined: Dec 05, 2014
         

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#93 » by Jago88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Dan2087
"Beat The Commish" Champion
Posts: 5,623
And1: 4,354
Joined: Mar 21, 2012
     

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#94 » by Dan2087 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Nothing is going or way this year lol. This entire game - like I can't help but laugh

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
JaysRule15
General Manager
Posts: 9,999
And1: 30,428
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: S.S. Shambles en route to Guangdong

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#95 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:35 pm

Shaping up to be a one run loss.
Image
S/O BrunoSkull
User avatar
Natural11
Analyst
Posts: 3,289
And1: 1,331
Joined: Nov 27, 2008

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#96 » by Natural11 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:37 pm

My confidence is at an all time low that the Jays can even score a single run to tie this.
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 8,229
And1: 2,976
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#97 » by BigLeagueChew » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:47 pm

nice hit jose
“Unbelievable. I want to hug him forever,” - Russell Martin on Bautista
User avatar
TOStateofMind
RealGM
Posts: 14,920
And1: 8,084
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#98 » by TOStateofMind » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Just missed the hr dang lol
Image
User avatar
JaysRule15
General Manager
Posts: 9,999
And1: 30,428
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: S.S. Shambles en route to Guangdong

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#99 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Jose!

Bautista of two years ago knocks that out of the park lol
Image
S/O BrunoSkull
User avatar
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
Posts: 8,229
And1: 2,976
Joined: May 26, 2011
Location: Catcher
     

Re: ST: Nightmare April's Last Hurrah, Jays (6-16) vs. Rays (11-12), Apr 28-30 

Post#100 » by BigLeagueChew » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Russ :D
“Unbelievable. I want to hug him forever,” - Russell Martin on Bautista

Return to Toronto Blue Jays