ImageImageImageImageImage

Jays always liked Odor... and still do

Moderator: JaysRule15

North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Jays always liked Odor... and still do 

Post#1 » by North_of_Border » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:40 am

The Toronto Blue Jays have tried to acquire Rougned Odor at some points in the past, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports. It’s unclear whether the team pursued the Texas Rangers second baseman before or after his famous punch.

Odor was the key figure in the infamous May 2016 brawl with the Blue Jays in which he punched Toronto right-fielder Jose Bautista in the face.

Heyman writes that the Blue Jays are currently in the market for a second baseman, a statement that aligns with recent reports that the club was interested in Dee Gordon of the Miami Marlins. Heyman adds that it would be interesting to see if the Blue Jays reconsider adding Odor.

The 23-year-old Venezuelan is not a popular figure among Blue Jays fans. That sentiment may extend to the Toronto clubhouse, but Heyman cites a person connected with the Blue Jays as saying, “Bautista’s probably a short timer there.”

Bautista is signed through the end of this season with mutual options for 2018 and ’19.

Odor, who signed a six-year, $49.5-million extension with Texas in the winter, is hitting .215/.254/.397 with 17 homers and 40 RBI this season.

Heyman also notes that a connection exists between the Blue Jays front office and Odor; his uncle Rouglas spent time in the Cleveland Indians organization as a player, coach and manager while current Toronto president Mark Shapiro was there.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Re: Jays always liked Odor... and still do 

Post#2 » by North_of_Border » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:43 am

I can already imagine it.... Vlad and Travis for Odor.... or maybe Bo and Travis.... you know what I mean. You gotta give some to get some.

........ why can't the Jays just see the big picture. Start a rebuild. Odor is gonna cost a lot. This trade would be a tragic mistake.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#3 » by fouronesix22 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:43 am

no thanks. from a baseball standpoint his numbers are atrocious for the amount of money he is getting paid. Who knows if he bounces back next season or not but thats not a risk I want. But I am curious to see what the reception from Jays fans would be at the Rogers Center if we got him lol
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#4 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:12 am

Barf
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#5 » by Schad » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:24 am

No matter what I think of Rogers, I don't think they'd sanction Bo/Vlad + Travis for Odor. I mean, yeesh...I've done a lot of drugs, but I've yet to come across one that'd make that seem worthwhile.

If you have a line on something that'd make that seem worthwhile, please PM me.
**** your asterisk.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#6 » by vaff87 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Lol, "I can already imagine it.... Vlad and Travis for Odor.... or maybe Bo and Travis...." What a load of crap. Trading Travis alone for Odor, is a lateral move at best.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,403

Post#7 » by Lateral Quicks » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Odor is the opposite of the kind of player I want to bring in. Strikes out a ton and doesn't walk or get on base. His career OBP is under .300. Sure he's younger, but who cares about age if the player sucks?
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Post#8 » by Sifu » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 pm

I wouldn't even trade Travis for Odor straight up. But anything Rogers does in pursuit of the buck won't surprise me
akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#9 » by akakalakin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Like Jose going to Orioles Shatkins would have to reject just because it is the Odor.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays