Moderator: JaysRule15

Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Re: ST: A Not-Very-Good Team @ A Very Good Team | August 4-6 

Post#81 » by Schad » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:18 am

The_Hater wrote:Stolen off Twitter:

5 more outs. The Blue Jays have lost 5 games leading with 2 outs in the 9th. 5 more outs and they could be 57-54, tied for the WC.

Yet they're still one of the luckiest teams in baseball; 5 games above their expected record, and with a 17-15 record in one-run games. This team is strange.
**** your asterisk.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#82 » by Geddy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:16 am

I've sat through a lot of bad seasons but something about this year has drained all of my interest in the team.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#83 » by Mehar » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:39 am

Schad wrote:Relievers break. This is particularly true for relievers who have broken before, and consequently a reliever should never be considered a core piece. Osuna's velocity may well rebound in short order, but if someone wants to give you a king's ransom for a RP right around the time they will get expensive, take it and **** run.

100% agree with this post. I mentioned this a month ago- when Osuna was selected to the all-star game. I said i would sell high on him, and some posters in this forum, thought i was wrong in my thinking. A reliever should never be considered a core piece. Absolutely agree with this point.

I would still consider dealing him this off-season, if i can get a very good return. With his depression/anxiety issues as well, i said a month ago, that i would sell high on at the deadline. Unfortunately, that did not happen, but maybe in the off-season, they can entertain that possibility.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#84 » by zilby » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:05 pm

Geddy wrote:I've sat through a lot of bad seasons but something about this year has drained all of my interest in the team.

It's that we all knew management would do the wrong thing and force us to compete to try and keep milking the cash cow. Granted, things have been worse than expected, but we made some pretty bad moves this offseason. Absolutely no attempt to hold together the bullpen, and beyond that we went bargain-bin hunting and tried to outsmart ourselves. I don't mind the fact that we tried to go for it, we just did it in a stupid way where we let our best player go in free agency and tried to replace him on value contracts. Then we got outbid on free agents that would've improved our team.

Like I said, after the Edwin contract thing and signing Morales, I'm pretty sure every single one of us saw this coming. It's like watching a trainwreck unfold in slow motion and you can't do anything to stop it. I don't even blame Shatkins for that, I'm sure if they had it their way we'd be hitting the TNT button on this team, but our ownership is falling back into the habits that kept us out of the playoffs for 21 consecutive years.
Hawaiian pizza is good.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays