ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Buffalo Bisons Roster

Moderator: JaysRule15

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,575

2018 Buffalo Bisons Roster 

Post#1 » by bluerap23 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 pm

I think I may be more excited to watch the bisons than the jays this coming year.

The bisons will likely have the following players at some point this season:

C Jansen
C McGuire
C Pentecost (if not picked up)
1b Tellez
2B/SS Urena
2B/SS Bichette
2B/SS Gurriel
3B Vlad
OF Alford
OF Pompey
OF Smith
OF Davis
OF Ramirez

I expect most of the high end pitching prospects will be held to AA (if you can call them high end) but there should be some fun offence this year.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Re: 2018 Buffalo Bisons Roster 

Post#2 » by dagger » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:03 pm

While the talk seems to be that Alford gets a mid-season promotion, the way he's playing in Mexico and the great numbers he had after his hand injury leaves me hoping he gets a fair shot at a starting job for the Jays in spring training.

Pentecost appears headed for AA first, Ramirez was left off the 40 man roster, so who knows if he makes it to AAA. Among the pitchers, I consider Borucki a solid prospect and he's already at AAA, and if Zeuch has a few good starts at New Hampshire, I can see a fast callup for him to Buffalo.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
bluerap23
Head Coach

Post#3 » by bluerap23 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:38 pm

dagger wrote:While the talk seems to be that Alford gets a mid-season promotion, the way he's playing in Mexico and the great numbers he had after his hand injury leaves me hoping he gets a fair shot at a starting job for the Jays in spring training.

Pentecost appears headed for AA first, Ramirez was left off the 40 man roster, so who knows if he makes it to AAA. Among the pitchers, I consider Borucki a solid prospect and he's already at AAA, and if Zeuch has a few good starts at New Hampshire, I can see a fast callup for him to Buffalo.

Yes, these are players I expect to play at AAA at some point during the season. I would like to see Alford in Toronto, but don't think it is realistic for the whole season. I expect we will be acquiring an outfielder and I expect Hernandez is ahead of Alford at the moment (thought that can change).
phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 1,229

Post#4 » by phillipmike » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Rotation will be solid in my opinion;

Joe Biagini
Chris Rowley
Ryan Borucki
Thomas Pannone
Deck McGwire

That is a strong 1-5 where i wouldnt have a problem with any of them spot starting. Claimed former 1st round pick and top prospect of the Rays Taylor Guerrieri. If he is healthy you ca bet that he will be in the mix for starts.

Of course some of those guys could start in AA but i think they should/will be in AAA at some point in May if not earlier. New Hampshire already has Sean Reid Foley, Jon Harris, Connor Greene, Francisco Rios. Maybe Dawson and Zeuch as well.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#5 » by dagger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
dagger wrote:While the talk seems to be that Alford gets a mid-season promotion, the way he's playing in Mexico and the great numbers he had after his hand injury leaves me hoping he gets a fair shot at a starting job for the Jays in spring training.

Yes, these are players I expect to play at AAA at some point during the season. I would like to see Alford in Toronto, but don't think it is realistic for the whole season. I expect we will be acquiring an outfielder and I expect Hernandez is ahead of Alford at the moment (thought that can change).

A couple of the beat writers seem to think the team doesn't trust Hernandez enough to start him. I think Alford is perceived as having a much higher ceiling, and if anyone cracks the starting lineup in spring training, it will be Alford.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,411

Post#6 » by Lateral Quicks » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:04 pm

Yeah it's going to be a lot of fun. I think Vlad will start in New Hampshire, and Bichette will be left to marinate for a month or two in Dunedin. Both could (should?) end the year in AAA though.

I really, really hope Pompey can be - and stay - healthy next year. I still think a healthy Pompey can be a good asset for the big club.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
bluerap23
Head Coach

Post#7 » by bluerap23 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:44 pm

dagger wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:

A couple of the beat writers seem to think the team doesn't trust Hernandez enough to start him. I think Alford is perceived as having a much higher ceiling, and if anyone cracks the starting lineup in spring training, it will be Alford.

I guess they may not trust Hernandez if they are truly trying to compete, but then I don't see Alford up long-term for the same reason.
Hernandez looked ready last year. Anyway, if Hernandez is AAA even better to watch the Bisons.
Al_Oliver
Sixth Man
And1: 201

Post#8 » by Al_Oliver » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:30 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:Yeah it's going to be a lot of fun. I think Vlad will start in New Hampshire, and Bichette will be left to marinate for a month or two in Dunedin. Both could (should?) end the year in AAA though.

I really, really hope Pompey can be - and stay - healthy next year. I still think a healthy Pompey can be a good asset for the big club.

Good call... Bichette is impacted where the Jays decide to start Urena and Gurriel

Return to Toronto Blue Jays