ImageImageImageImageImage

April 13-15: Good nickname team vs. Racist nickname team with cartoon logo

Moderator: JaysRule15

BigLeagueChew
RealGM
And1: 4,088

Re: April 13-15: Good nickname team vs. Racist nickname team with cartoon logo 

Post#141 » by BigLeagueChew » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:51 pm

A little surprised we keep Hernandez 2nd in the order.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#142 » by vaff87 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:57 pm

So_Fresh wrote:DFA Grichuk and replace him with Teoscar.

Man, you literally have zero patience, dude.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#143 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 am

Schad wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Is this team good?!

It always was. It's just not as good as New York and Boston. Very reminiscent of the JP era (except these days we have the extra WC spot to sustain hope).

Though unless the Angels and Twins slow down, the extra WC isn't going to be our salvation. But yeah: being good when greatness was needed is some old school Blue Jays stuff.

Meh, it's April 14. Haven't looked at the standings, so I'm not even aware of any team's record but the Jays and I don't really care at all this early either. By next week, it could all be completely different.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#144 » by The_Hater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:03 am

Kinger95 wrote:I honestly have nothing against grichuk but I never want to see that dude again. Black hole. Send him to triple A and let him figure his crap out

I heard tonight that Grichuk had a BABiP between .290 and .340 each of the last 4 years. The MLB average is around .300

This season? He’s at .073. So he’s had some of the worst luck possible adding to his slump.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#145 » by Schad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:19 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:Meh, it's April 14. Haven't looked at the standings, so I'm not even aware of any team's record but the Jays and I don't really care at all this early either. By next week, it could all be completely different.

Absolutely. But the Angels' projections for the year have improved markedly based on the fact that they've been the best offensive team in baseball by a mile over the first tenth of the season, and easily lead the majors in run differential. By no means guaranteed to be this good over the remainder (I mean, they won't, as they probably aren't the best offensive team in history), but outscoring their opposition by a 2:1 ratio over 15 games definitely revises their expectations upward.

Plenty can and will change, but it's notable that we have had a really good start to the year and our odds of making the playoffs haven't improved, because our competition has been even better.
**** your asterisk.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#146 » by Schad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:28 am

The_Hater wrote:
Kinger95 wrote:I honestly have nothing against grichuk but I never want to see that dude again. Black hole. Send him to triple A and let him figure his crap out

I heard tonight that Grichuk had a BABiP between .290 and .340 each of the last 4 years. The MLB average is around .300

This season? He’s at .073. So he’s had some of the worst luck possible adding to his slump.

He has absolutely gotten unlucky, because you don't hit .071/.149/.167 without some serious bad luck. But he has also just sucked from April 1st on, with an expected wOBA that owes to the fact that he has made a lot of middling contact while striking out 36% of the time.

He will turn it around and be a more-or-less average hitter. But if he is ever to be more than average, he has to make contact with pitches in the zone at which he swings. Chasing pitches is problematic, but Grichuk's failing has always been his ability to whiff on pitches he can drive, and he's swinging through a lot of fastballs.
**** your asterisk.
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#147 » by Tanner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 am

Jays just have to win as many games as they can. If the Angels or Twins end up being better then it is what it is. The Angels being 13-3 definitely helps get some breathing room once they start facing real teams, and the Twins will have 50 plus games against fake MLb teams. The Jays are transitioning into their next window, which is probably a few years away. If they can get the 2nd WC then great but if not it’s not the end of the world. But we have a chance. Too early to get excited about our start or any other team.

Remember the Yankees during their down period leading up to 2017 always finished above .500 but missed the playoffs three of four years. Did not prevent them from building what they built. This season a playoff spot would be great, they have a good enough team on paper for it, but it’s still in their transitioning period.
manjusaka
Senior
And1: 416

Post#148 » by manjusaka » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Grichuk has dropped his z-contact from 83% last year to 71.9% this year...
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#149 » by dagger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Rained out again today at Regressive Stadium. Will be some double headers later with racist nickname team.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
So_Fresh
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,450

Post#150 » by So_Fresh » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

vaff87 wrote:
So_Fresh wrote:DFA Grichuk and replace him with Teoscar.

Man, you literally have zero patience, dude.

Hey man if I started a new job and was to perform poorly for the first couple of weeks, I would more than likely be let go and be told i'm not good enough for this job. Same should apply for baseball and any other sport as well. Just my opinion.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#151 » by dagger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:52 pm

This weekend's two postponed games will be made up on Wednesday May 3 as a double header. The makes that week a tough one on the rotation. From May 1 to May 6, they will play seven games. So that might be when Biagini has to be brought in.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#152 » by Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Is this team good?!

It always was. It's just not as good as New York and Boston. Very reminiscent of the JP era (except these days we have the extra WC spot to sustain hope).

Those years (especially 06) made me wish and clamour for having an NBA like playoff bracket. We would have at least a few decent runs.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo

Return to Toronto Blue Jays