ImageImageImageImageImage

Which Position Should the Jays Acquire Prospects For?

Moderator: JaysRule15

phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 1,229

Re: Which Position Should the Jays Acquire Prospects For? 

Post#21 » by phillipmike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 pm

I wouldn’t bank on any pitchers till they have a few years track record in the majors.

And at that point you have to pay an arm and a leg to acquire them. Hence why you try to have as much depth as possible to get that you need as many quality prospects to give you the best odds. What the Braves poster is offering isnt quantity per se, i would say it is quality and quantity. Three top 100 pitching prospects (all who might be MLB ready) isnt anything to blink at is something when we only have 1 maybe 2 and they are so far away from the majors in Pearson and Pardinho.

Espcially considering next time you are contending you are either in Stroman's last year or his contract expired by then. I wouldnt be opposed to trading anyone off our current roster for the right deal.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Re: Which Position Should the Jays Acquire Prospects For? 

Post#22 » by Black Watch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 pm

emptytheclip wrote:
emptytheclip wrote:
OGLife wrote:Let’s do a deal with the devil, NY Yankees. JA Happ for some prospects? They have some young arms in their system

They mentioned on At The Letters, Happ + a bullpen guy for Clint Frazier from the Yankees. Cleveland drafted him 5th overall in 2013 and was traded to NY in the Andrew Miller deal.

It would add a young controllable outfielder that Shapiro office drafted with real upside, that is currently really blocked in the Yankees depth chart. He was the Yankees #2 prospect in 2017 before graduating from the list.

Pitching prospects are nice but this would be a great pickup

For Frazier, you could throw Tepera in as that 'bullpen guy.'
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays