Moderator: JaysRule15

ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Re: Jays, Grichuk agree to five year extension 

Post#41 » by ratul » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:21 pm

The_Hater wrote:
ratul wrote:
Schad wrote:I know what other teams are thinking, because Seattle was trying to flip Encarnacion for nothing. And failed. If they could wave a magic wand and make his contract disappear, they would.

And yes, Grichuk was the superior player last year by some distance. They were about equal offensively in 2018, but Grichuk is a good right fielder, which is inherently more valuable than a full-time DH.

Um, no. Edwin has a miles better OBP, doesn't swing out of the strike zone and hit 32 homers with 107 rbis last year. He is expensive but it's a one year deal but at least it's a one year deal. Maybe this year will be bad, but basically the same money gets you a three-time all-star who gets on base vs. a guy who doesn't get on base and is equally bad on defense.

Grichuk anchors a 'defense' that was last in 2018. And if we wanted defense (although Shapiro hates defense) we should have kept Pillar instead of trading him for nothing rather than pay less than 300 obp player with awful defense.

It's a continuation of a series of terrible moves by a terrible GM. I am amazed you continue to defend this a**-clown

Why stop at Edwin? We should also bring back Tulo, Bautista, Martin, Revere and push Devon Travis out to 2nd base in his wheel chair. Heck Josh Donaldson is currently hitting .148 so I’m sure he would fix the offense by himself right now. Marco Estrada, Mark Buerhle, Drew Hutchinson and RA Dickey can headline our pitching staff.

And before we finish this reverse rebuild back to 2015, we shouldn’t forget to re-hire Alex Anthopoulos, the GM who gutted the farm system while building the oldest team in MLB.

What the eff are you talking about? We gave 95mn to Moralys and Grichuk and you think we are smart? You don't think that 95mn (AT THE TIME) would have been better spent on Edwin and/or someone else? Maybe that's fine and I could see the argument but why the eff would anyone give 95mn to Moralys and Grichuk?

Also, our farm is only good because of Vladdy - not due to anyone else. Shapiro is a proven loser and decimated the fanbase in cleveland and turned a consistent winner into a loser. And now we operate with the slander that Cleveland is economically depressed and can't afford baseball meanwhile Shapiro destroyed that team and its fan base.

Also, we can't rehire AA. He is too busy winning in Atlanta.
Fenris-77
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,208

Post#42 » by Fenris-77 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 8:02 pm

So, to be clear, you're saying there are no good prospects in the Jay's system other than Vlad? No one good, no one above average, no one with strong potential - nothing but a bunch of mooks other than Vlad? Just to make sure I'm picking up what you're putting down.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#43 » by Skin Blues » Mon Apr 8, 2019 8:06 pm

Guys, seriously. Don't feed the trolls.
ratul
General Manager

Post#44 » by ratul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 am

Fenris-77 wrote:So, to be clear, you're saying there are no good prospects in the Jay's system other than Vlad? No one good, no one above average, no one with strong potential - nothing but a bunch of mooks other than Vlad? Just to make sure I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I would say the only player of substance in our farm is Vladdy at this stage. The rest are what they are - prospects.
ratul
General Manager

Post#45 » by ratul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:36 am

Skin Blues wrote:Guys, seriously. Don't feed the trolls.

Am I trolling because you don't like what I say or because what I am saying is right and you don't want to hear it? I wouldn't waste my time disagreeing for the sake of it. I genuinely, genuinely believe that Mark Shapiro is garbage and should have been fired - yesterday.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#46 » by GordanFreeman » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10 pm

ratul wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Guys, seriously. Don't feed the trolls.

Am I trolling because you don't like what I say or because what I am saying is right and you don't want to hear it? I wouldn't waste my time disagreeing for the sake of it. I genuinely, genuinely believe that Mark Shapiro is garbage and should have been fired - yesterday.

Bruv, you're annoying af.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays