ImageImageImageImageImage

Who would you like to see in the opening day lineup for 2020?

Moderator: JaysRule15

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Who would you like to see in the opening day lineup for 2020? 

Post#1 » by bluerap23 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:59 pm

You can pick anyone currently in the organization. Please assign a position. Batting order optional.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Re: Who would you like to see in the opening day lineup for 2020? 

Post#2 » by dagger » Sat May 4, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm not going venture into like-to-see, but rather what we might see. It's not in the team's best interest to force-fed someone into the 2020 opening day lineup who isn't ready. For example, if Jordan Groshens is the real deal, he's still not going to be in the opening day lineup in 2020 and there is no point in projecting him there. It shouldn't happen. It's not going to happen. Part of rebuilding involves living with placeholder prospects with lower ceilings in the hope one of them defies those limited projections to become someone capable of better.

So this is the lineup closer to what I foresee, not what I would like to see.

1. Bichette - 2B
2. Biggio - RF/1B
3. Grichuk - CF
4. Tellez - 1B/DH
5. Guerrero - 3B/DH
6. Drury - LF
7. Gurriel - 2b/DH
8. Jansen - C
9. Galvis - SS/2B

Starting pitcher - Nate Pearson

Subs - Urena, Hernandez, McKinney, McGuire

Since the active roster size rises to 26, that would allow for a five man rotation and eight man pen. I don't like McKinney much, but he's a left-handed bat. Galvis and Urena are switchhitters. Tellez the other pure left-handed hitter.

I am going out furthest on a limb with Pearson, since I am thinking we will move out either Stroman or Sanchez, that Thornton survives but is not a top of rotation guy, Shoemaker might be back, and that if Pearson shines at NH, he'll get to Buffalo by mid-summer at the latest and perhaps even a September call up. He's likely the next big thing in the system, even a shinier toy than Bo or Biggio.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER

Return to Toronto Blue Jays