Read on Twitter

:-?
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,049

Re: General Blue Jays Thread, 2020 

Post#1022 » by Schad » Tue Mar 2, 2021 9:53 pm

Unquestionably: if it was known in the Indians org, Shapiro and Atkins need to answer as to what they knew...and answer similarly difficult questions if they suggest they didn't know, because that is no less of a problem.
**** your asterisk.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#1023 » by vaff87 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 10:55 pm

Why do they have to answer anything when his behaviour was only reported to the team in 2017?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#1024 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:39 pm

vaff87 wrote:Why do they have to answer anything when his behaviour was only reported to the team in 2017?

If that’s the case, then they should speak to this fact.

I do think it’s unfair to expect an employer to knwo all the personal details, good and bad, about their employees. My employer certainly doesn’t know everything about me. But if they turned a blind eye to people making reports about Calloway, that’s different. If they did investigate and found nothing, there should be employment files with those details inside.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,049

Post#1025 » by Schad » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:22 am

Yeah, that's the essence of it. The Indians are investigating, and the crux of that has to be: how far up the chain did it get? If it got all the way to the top, when and what was/wasn't done about it? Did anyone make Shapiro/Atkins aware before the time that Atkins was endorsing Callaway for other jobs?

It's possible that it didn't filter up to them when there, and thus didn't reach them at all once the Indians were aware (and Shapiro/Atkins had moved on). But you gotta show the receipts one way or another.
**** your asterisk.
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#1026 » by polo007 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 7:27 pm

EP 95 - MARK SHAPIRO on the renovations in Dunedin, Nate Pearson, George Springer and more.

• March 3, 2021

The Bob McCown Podcast

President and CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays, Mark Shapiro, stops by to talk about the new complex renovations in Dunedin, What he's learned about George Springer so far, Nate Pearson & the Jays rotation and his comments on the Mickey Callaway allegations
polo007
General Manager

Post#1027 » by polo007 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 11:43 pm

Read on Twitter
polo007
General Manager

Post#1028 » by polo007 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 5:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
polo007
General Manager

Post#1029 » by polo007 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:08 pm

Atkins addresses allegations against Mickey Callaway from time in Cleveland - Sportsnet.ca

22:32 | March 4, 2021

Ross Atkins addressed the allegations against Mickey Callaway for inappropriate sexual conduct during his time with the Cleveland Indians, and spoke about the changes required to improve the culture around the game.
The_Hater

Post#1030 » by The_Hater » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:27 pm

polo007 wrote:Atkins addresses allegations against Mickey Callaway from time in Cleveland - Sportsnet.ca

Ross Atkins addressed the allegations against Mickey Callaway for inappropriate sexual conduct during his time with the Cleveland Indians, and spoke about the changes required to improve the culture around the game.

Predicable response, but Atkins better hope that evidence disputing his statement doesn’t come out or his career is over too.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#1031 » by vaff87 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 7:14 am

The_Hater wrote:
polo007 wrote:Atkins addresses allegations against Mickey Callaway from time in Cleveland - Sportsnet.ca

Predicable response, but Atkins better hope that evidence disputing his statement doesn’t come out or his career is over too.

If Atkins was actually recommending him to other teams, I would guess he really didn’t know he was a creep. He’s not going to willingly put his reputation on the line for a guy like that.

But even if he did know Calloway was a creep, I highly doubt it’s going to “end his career”. Just look how quickly Alex Cora and AJ Hinch got hired after what they did.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,441

Post#1032 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Mar 5, 2021 12:59 pm

vaff87 wrote:If Atkins was actually recommending him to other teams, I would guess he really didn’t know he was a creep. He’s not going to willingly put his reputation on the line for a guy like that.

Not knowing is only a little better, quite frankly. it really calls into question your management skills.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
The_Hater

Post#1033 » by The_Hater » Fri Mar 5, 2021 1:13 pm

vaff87 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

If Atkins was actually recommending him to other teams, I would guess he really didn’t know he was a creep. He’s not going to willingly put his reputation on the line for a guy like that..

I wouldn’t assume that at all vaff. Friends sweep their friends problems under the rug all the time and then pretend nothing ever happened. Organizations sweep problems thst might harm the reputation of the organization under the rug quite often as well.

As for the 2nd part, there’s a pretty big difference between sign stealing and covering up for a sexual predator. Unlike the 2 names you gave, Calloway’s MLB career you might notice, is essentially over.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#1034 » by vaff87 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 1:31 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
vaff87 wrote:If Atkins was actually recommending him to other teams, I would guess he really didn’t know he was a creep. He’s not going to willingly put his reputation on the line for a guy like that.

Not knowing is only a little better, quite frankly. it really calls into question your management skills.

The Indians hired Calloway as a minor league pitching coach. Atkins was Director of Player Development at that time. Given how much Atkins would have to oversee, I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect him to have a perfect handle on whether every single employee is behaving properly, especially when they’re spread all across the country. He needs to keep track of a bunch of kids and how they’re doing. The coaches will tell you how the players are doing. But who exactly would report to him about a coach acting inappropriately? They don’t have day-to-day oversight, because they’re expected to know how to handle themselves. So obviously they made a mistake hiring him, but I’m not sure it’s fair to criticize him a whole lot for not knowing he was acting like a creep.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#1035 » by bluerap23 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 2:24 pm

Man - this board was already thin on posts related to the on field product. Can this Shatkins material stay in the Shatkins thread?
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#1036 » by johanliebert » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:14 am

Just learned wilner was let go. Of the baseball broadcast team he was the ultimate company man and the one to get fired LOL
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#1037 » by bluerap23 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:17 pm

johanliebert wrote:Just learned wilner was let go. Of the baseball broadcast team he was the ultimate company man and the one to get fired LOL

He became redundant when Schulman came back. Schulman is the superior analyst. I never liked Wilner. His attitude with callers post game was extremely arrogant and rude. People would make pretty terrible comments and ask bad questions, but that isn't an excuse.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#1038 » by johanliebert » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:02 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
johanliebert wrote:Just learned wilner was let go. Of the baseball broadcast team he was the ultimate company man and the one to get fired LOL

He became redundant when Schulman came back. Schulman is the superior analyst. I never liked Wilner. His attitude with callers post game was extremely arrogant and rude. People would make pretty terrible comments and ask bad questions, but that isn't an excuse.

He was mocked for years by the same people I’m reading sent well wishes after his departure. He wasn’t liked by colleagues or the fans that’s why I had to laugh he really thought Rogers had his back
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#1039 » by gei » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Anyone else planning on going to the Texas Rangers home opener against the Blue Jays in a couple of weeks? They are expecting a sold out crowd - should be an awesome environment.

I was fortunate enough to escape Toronto back in January and am living in Miami at the moment until the police-state restrictions back home are over, so traveling to Texas is just a quick flight. I realize it's a bit more difficult for Jays fans back home who are effectively imprisoned in Canada, but I imagine there are tons of snowbirds here in Florida who must be considering it! Maybe we can get a post-game meetup going!
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#1040 » by Yeezus_ » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:48 pm

gei wrote:Anyone else planning on going to the Texas Rangers home opener against the Blue Jays in a couple of weeks? They are expecting a sold out crowd - should be an awesome environment.

I was fortunate enough to escape Toronto back in January and am living in Miami at the moment until the police-state restrictions back home are over, so traveling to Texas is just a quick flight. I realize it's a bit more difficult for Jays fans back home who are effectively imprisoned in Canada, but I imagine there are tons of snowbirds here in Florida who must be considering it! Maybe we can get a post-game meetup going!

Just because you dont agree with the rules and think its pointless, lots of people have been affected by Covid including deaths in the family. Some would be on the side of going back into a full lockdown. Lets not throw hyperboles just because you disagree with whats happening. No one is imprisoned here.
Yeezy SZN approaching

Return to Toronto Blue Jays