ImageImageImageImageImage

Jays@Rays Aug 21-24

Moderator: JaysRule15

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Re: Jays@Rays Aug 21-24 

Post#161 » by Scott Hall » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:06 pm

The Jays have got to have the dumbest 3B coach in the league every time I watch he's doing something
extremely stupid where do they find these guys?
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#162 » by Metallikid » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Is it just me or was it a bad move to try to score from first? You almost never see that happen without a major misplay. We couldn't hold at third and try to scratch out one more hit?
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#163 » by SharoneWright » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:40 pm

Metallikid wrote:Is it just me or was it a bad move to try to score from first? You almost never see that happen without a major misplay. We couldn't hold at third and try to scratch out one more hit?

I send him everytime with 2 out there. Put the pressure on the Orioles to hit their cut off man and make a good transfer. Turns out he would have scored, considering the O's DID botch the relay. Only problem was our wishy-washy 3rd base coach, who saw the misplay and then sent to runner after initially grinding him to a halt. Commit to one or the other. And in my opinion it was a green light all the way. jmvho
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#164 » by Metallikid » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 pm

SharoneWright wrote:
Metallikid wrote:Is it just me or was it a bad move to try to score from first? You almost never see that happen without a major misplay. We couldn't hold at third and try to scratch out one more hit?

I send him everytime with 2 out there. Put the pressure on the Orioles to hit their cut off man and make a good transfer. Turns out he would have scored, considering the O's DID botch the relay. Only problem was our wishy-washy 3rd base coach, who saw the misplay and then sent to runner after initially grinding him to a halt. Commit to one or the other. And in my opinion it was a green light all the way. jmvho

Did he actually get Gurriel to stop completely and start again? I didn't see that on the replay he seemed like he was going the whole time. And they didn't even hit the cutoff man there was no relay it was just one long throw from right field that bounced three times and still had him out by a mile.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#165 » by SharoneWright » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:44 pm

Metallikid wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:

Did he actually get Gurriel to stop completely and start again? I didn't see that on the replay he seemed like he was going the whole time. And they didn't even hit the cutoff man there was no relay it was just one long throw from right field that bounced three times and still had him out by a mile.

Well he was basically at a full stop, and restarted. And the throw came to the plate from some infielder from 20 feet behind first base after the first throw from the outfield was booted. (in my mind's eye)
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,626

Post#166 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:37 am

He wasn’t at a full stop. Or even close to it. He slowed down for a few steps. If he didn’t it would have been closer but still a toss up probably.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,324

Post#167 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:17 am

It was a terrible send considering the ball never got past the outfielder and Gurriel isn't a good baserunner. The Os did botch the initial throw, though, and the Jays almost got lucky because of it.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays