Homefield advantage round 2?

Moderator: JaysRule15

Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Homefield advantage round 2? 

Post#1 » by Parataxis » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:41 am

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

So looking at the schedule as it's posted on the MLB website, it looks like the winner of 1/8 will be treated as the 'home' team against the winner of 4/5 for games 1, 2, and 5 of the second round, regardless of who is technically the better seed.

This could be a nice benefit for if we get to face the Yankees or Cleveland's team in the second round. =)

Just thought I'd share.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Re: Homefield advantage round 2? 

Post#2 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:19 pm

so what happened to this forum? its like super dead.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#3 » by Metallikid » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Parataxis wrote:https://www.mlb.com/postseason

So looking at the schedule as it's posted on the MLB website, it looks like the winner of 1/8 will be treated as the 'home' team against the winner of 4/5 for games 1, 2, and 5 of the second round, regardless of who is technically the better seed.

This could be a nice benefit for if we get to face the Yankees or Cleveland's team in the second round. =)

Just thought I'd share.

That is weird... I guess it's a big plus for underdogs that manage to pull off the upset.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#4 » by Schad » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:24 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:so what happened to this forum? its like super dead.

It's 2020. Most forums are pretty dead, with Twitter/Reddit/etc having taken most of the younger audience. Doesn't really help that (with the exception of the Brewers board) pretty much all of the MLB boards are absolute ghost towns...we're closing in on the fifth anniversary of the last post on the Royals board.
**** your asterisk.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#5 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:25 am

Schad wrote:

It's 2020. Most forums are pretty dead, with Twitter/Reddit/etc having taken most of the younger audience. Doesn't really help that (with the exception of the Brewers board) pretty much all of the MLB boards are absolute ghost towns...we're closing in on the fifth anniversary of the last post on the Royals board.

basketball is still up and alive. i remember the last few years we had a ton of excitement for the playoffs.

crickets now.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#6 » by TR50 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 am

Schad wrote:

I actually think our board is (relatively) active.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#7 » by Schad » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
basketball is still up and alive. i remember the last few years we had a ton of excitement for the playoffs.

crickets now.

Even the basketball forums have slowed considerably; it's less apparent because it's still busy, but the Raptors board got less traffic during the championship season than we did when we were utter garbage, just because the population of people who regularly use message boards has shrunk.
**** your asterisk.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#8 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:32 am

Schad wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

crickets now.

Even the basketball forums have slowed considerably; it's less apparent because it's still busy, but the Raptors board got less traffic during the championship season than we did when we were utter garbage, just because the population of people who regularly use message boards has shrunk.

ya true true. a large majority of the people that were active on the basketball forum are now on discord.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#9 » by dagger » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:48 am

Schad wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

crickets now.

And here I just thought it was because of ratul

Seriously, for baseball, a lot of speculation that fuels boards is helped a long by having the minor leagues, prospects, etc, demanding some overpaid veteran be DFA'd to make room for the Next Big Thing. This year, we didn't have that. Rochester, NY might as well have been Rochester, MN for all the info on guys like Martin and Groshans and Woods Richardson that we didn't get.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
carnage24
Junior
And1: 470

Post#10 » by carnage24 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 am

alot of people dont like baseball. its usually a small niche here
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,004

Post#11 » by JaysRule15 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:47 am

carnage24 wrote:

Nah, Jays fans have a huge presence online. Especially on places like twitter and reddit.
carnage24
Junior
And1: 470

Post#12 » by carnage24 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:04 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
carnage24 wrote:

Nah, Jays fans have a huge presence online. Especially on places like twitter and reddit.

cool. but he's asking what happened to this* forum

Return to Toronto Blue Jays