ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Jays @ Guardians / Aug 7-10

Moderator: JaysRule15

Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,353

Re: GT: Jays @ Guardians / Aug 7-10 

Post#741 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:14 pm

Two bad calls in that AB cost Biggio and Schneider goes out to argue (passively) finally after the game is already over. What a pathetic manager.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#742 » by Mehar » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:14 pm

tripa wrote:“Part of me wishes this team implodes the rest of the way, so this clown manager and the idiots who hired him can be shown the door.”

I stand by that statement. This clown manager had Davis Schneider sitting in Baltimore, after his home run last weekend. He is then taken out today in the 8th Inning, when his Bat was going to be possibly needed if this game was tied and headed to extras. He is not even a slow runner like Kirk, so why take him out? Low and behold it happened in the 10th, when his Bat came up. You can feel your way. This manager is a joke. Be positive all you want, and it does not change the facts.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#743 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:14 pm

Mad Prophet wrote:
Ranger One wrote:
Mehar wrote:He sits Davis Schneider in Baltimore, and then takes out Schneider today in the 8th, when his bat was needed in the 10th. Absolute clown manager. He is just an incompetent fool, and the bigger fools are Atkins and Shapiro who thought he would be a great manager. Part of me wishes this team implodes the rest of the way, so this clown manager and the idiots who hired him can be shown the door.

You're right on that account. You cant have an incompetent clown making tough in game decisions daily on a team with playoff aspirations. The guy is just Montoyo 2.0. A babysitter, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't get why you pinch-run for Schneider, he's not that bad of a runner, stole bases in the minors. And because of that KK is not available to pinch-run for Jansen.

Kiermaier is a much, much better runner than Schneider btw. You can debate whether the pinch run decision was justified because of the likelihood that Schneider could hit again, but not the benefit of actually doing it.
tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Post#744 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:15 pm

Mehar wrote:
tripa wrote:“Part of me wishes this team implodes the rest of the way, so this clown manager and the idiots who hired him can be shown the door.”

I stand by that statement. This clown manager had Davis Schneider sitting in Baltimore, after his home run last weekend. He is then taken out today in the 8th Inning, when his Bat was going to be possibly needed if this game was tied and headed to extras. He is not even a slow runner like Kirk, so why take him out? Low and behold it happened in the 10th, when his Bat came up. You can feel your way. This manager is a joke. Be positive all you want, and it does not change the facts.

I agree Schneider has done a bad job. Do you want the team to win? If not, then why post here?
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,062

Post#745 » by rarefind » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:15 pm

How many starts does Davis Schneider make this week despite being the hottest bat on the team? 2?
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#746 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:16 pm

tripa wrote:
Mad Prophet wrote:
Ranger One wrote:
You're right on that account. You cant have an incompetent clown making tough in game decisions daily on a team with playoff aspirations. The guy is just Montoyo 2.0. A babysitter, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't get why you pinch-run for Schneider, he's not that bad of a runner, stole bases in the minors. And because of that KK is not available to pinch-run for Jansen.

The constant over management has been a problem this year

and here you are praising them all season long. lol.
raptors2019
Analyst
And1: 5,872

Post#747 » by raptors2019 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:17 pm

John Schneider trash. Ump trash. Everything trash
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#748 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
tripa wrote:
Mad Prophet wrote:

Find one post where I said Schneider has done well all season long.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,086

Post#749 » by ItsDanger » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:17 pm

John Schneider manages the team with analytics algorithm for every situation. Thats why he fails.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,062

Post#750 » by rarefind » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:18 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Mad Prophet wrote:
Ranger One wrote:

Kiermaier is a much, much better runner than Schneider btw. You can debate whether the pinch run decision was justified because of the likelihood that Schneider could hit again, but not the benefit of actually doing it.

To be completely fair here the Jays HAD to cash this run in. I absolutely hate the job Schneider has done in his tenure as a Blue Jay but this move was understandable.

Asking a guy who can't bunt to bunt with Jansen on the basepaths was far more of an egregious error. Santiago Espinal not DEFINITELY being given the red light in a 3-0 count may be the biggest blunder I've seen in a long time.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#751 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:20 pm

tripa wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:
tripa wrote:

we got them where we want them. right tripa? :lol:
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#752 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:20 pm

Pinch running with one of the fastest players in the MLB has nothing to do with “analytics algorithm”, whatever the hell that means lmao. Its a normal baseball move. It just didnt work out this time.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,640

Post#753 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:20 pm

ItsDanger wrote:John Schneider manages the team with analytics algorithm for every situation. Thats why he fails.

Lol, how do you figure? The moves everyone complains about are all not optimal analytically. Christ, bringing in Mayza against the Mariners last year was the literal worst decision available, analytically. If he made analytically defensible decisions we’d stick to whining about the players not executing.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#754 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:22 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
tripa wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:

we got them where we want them. right tripa? :lol:

So you cant find a single post. Got it.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#755 » by Mehar » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:22 pm

tripa wrote:
Mehar wrote:

I agree Schneider has done a bad job. Do you want the team to win? If not, then why post here?

So we should all root for the team, just for the sake of rooting and cannot point out any of the faults we see? The team lost 2 out of 3 to a terrible Indians team, and you just want to stay positive? Being positive does not change the facts. You can continue to be like Mike Wilner, and keep saying it is early all you want. it is not barely over a month left of the year. Based on the previous 5 months- this team is the third worst in all of MLB with RISP right next to Oakland and Kansas City. We have enough sample size of the previous 5 months to say, Schneider is a joke of a manager. Being positive and rooting for the team, will not change that. You can keep being positive all you want. Nobody is stopping you from being positive.
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#756 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:23 pm

Mehar wrote:
tripa wrote:
Mehar wrote:I stand by that statement. This clown manager had Davis Schneider sitting in Baltimore, after his home run last weekend. He is then taken out today in the 8th Inning, when his Bat was going to be possibly needed if this game was tied and headed to extras. He is not even a slow runner like Kirk, so why take him out? Low and behold it happened in the 10th, when his Bat came up. You can feel your way. This manager is a joke. Be positive all you want, and it does not change the facts.

So we should all root for the team, just for the sake of rooting and cannot point out any of the faults we see? The team lost two out of 3 to a terrible Indians team, and you just want to stay positive? Being positive does not change the facts. You can continue to be like Mike Wilner, and keep saying it is early all you want. it is not barely over a month left of the year. Based on the previous 5 months- this team is the third worst in all of MLB with RISP right next to Oakland and Kansas City. We have enough sample size of the previous 5 months to say, Schneider is a joke of a manager. Being positive and rooting for the team, will not change that.

Actively rooting for the team to lose defeats the purpose of this board. You arent even a fan of the team.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,086

Post#757 » by ItsDanger » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:23 pm

You use all your options early, you leave yourself vulnerable later. Analytics fail.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#758 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:23 pm

rarefind wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Mad Prophet wrote:

To be completely fair here the Jays HAD to cash this run in. I absolutely hate the job Schneider has done in his tenure as a Blue Jay but this move was understandable.

Asking a guy who can't bunt to bunt with Jansen on the basepaths was far more of an egregious error. Santiago Espinal not DEFINITELY being given the red light in a 3-0 count may be the biggest blunder I've seen in a long time.

It's debatable for sure but I was fine with the Kiermaier pinch run. He's an elite runner and Schneider is average at best. There's also no extras unless you score there.

Asking Biggio to bunt (we've seen this guy for 5 years now, he can't do it) and somehow not getting the message to Espinal to not swing there were especially bad. Of course, Espinal has to be some kind of idiot to be swinging in that spot too.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#759 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:24 pm

ItsDanger wrote:You use all your options early, you leave yourself vulnerable later. Analytics fail.

Doesn't help when your starting 3B is leaving a game with finger inflammation right after seeing the team's SS go down. Options tend to run out quickly.
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#760 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:25 pm

ItsDanger wrote:You use all your options early, you leave yourself vulnerable later. Analytics fail.

The game ends if they dont score. Thats as late as you can get. What are you talking about?

Return to Toronto Blue Jays