ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Jays @ Guardians / Aug 7-10

Moderator: JaysRule15

johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Re: GT: Jays @ Guardians / Aug 7-10 

Post#761 » by johanliebert » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:30 pm

Believe me Varsho and Chapman been killing this team more than the likes of Espinal.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#762 » by Mehar » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:32 pm

tripa wrote:
Mehar wrote:
tripa wrote:
I agree Schneider has done a bad job. Do you want the team to win? If not, then why post here?

So we should all root for the team, just for the sake of rooting and cannot point out any of the faults we see? The team lost two out of 3 to a terrible Indians team, and you just want to stay positive? Being positive does not change the facts. You can continue to be like Mike Wilner, and keep saying it is early all you want. it is not barely over a month left of the year. Based on the previous 5 months- this team is the third worst in all of MLB with RISP right next to Oakland and Kansas City. We have enough sample size of the previous 5 months to say, Schneider is a joke of a manager. Being positive and rooting for the team, will not change that.

Actively rooting for the team to lose defeats the purpose of this board. You arent even a fan of the team.

I was actively rooting for the Raptors to tank two years ago, and they started doing that and they ended up drafting Scottie Barnes in the Draft. So, I guess I was not a true fan then also? I respectfully disagree with you. You do you, and keep being positive and seeing the games with your Rose Coloured Glasses.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#763 » by johanliebert » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 pm

Espinal comes in for 1 ab yet he’s the guy highlighted in the post game show.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,352

Post#764 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Maybe don't ask a guy to bunt who can't bunt?
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Post#765 » by tripa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 pm

Mehar wrote:
tripa wrote:
Mehar wrote:So we should all root for the team, just for the sake of rooting and cannot point out any of the faults we see? The team lost two out of 3 to a terrible Indians team, and you just want to stay positive? Being positive does not change the facts. You can continue to be like Mike Wilner, and keep saying it is early all you want. it is not barely over a month left of the year. Based on the previous 5 months- this team is the third worst in all of MLB with RISP right next to Oakland and Kansas City. We have enough sample size of the previous 5 months to say, Schneider is a joke of a manager. Being positive and rooting for the team, will not change that.

Actively rooting for the team to lose defeats the purpose of this board. You arent even a fan of the team.

I was actively rooting for the Raptors to tank two years ago, and they started doing that and they ended up drafting Scottie Barnes in the Draft. So, I guess I was not a true fan then also? I respectfully disagree with you. You do you, and keep being positive and seeing the games with your Rose Coloured Glasses.

Tanking doesnt work in baseball. Not sure what your point is. Stop actively rooting for the other team, simple.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#766 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:34 pm

johanliebert wrote:Espinal comes in for 1 ab yet he’s the guy highlighted in the post game show.

Espinal played half the game. Bichette left in the middle of it.

He also did something incredibly stupid (which has become the norm for him).
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#767 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:34 pm

johanliebert wrote:Believe me Varsho and Chapman been killing this team more than the likes of Espinal.

Varsho has probably been the team's best player over the past month.

You'll get no argument from me on Chapman.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,424

Post#768 » by Lateral Quicks » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:38 pm

Imagine being a manager of a major league team and giving the guy with an OPS north of 1.000 OPS 4 at-bats in 8 days. We sure could have used some of the good Schneider's offense during the last week he was riding the pine and the team was stacking losses.

With the coaching we have seen this year, this team doesn't deserve to win. Schneider cost them a deeper playoff run last year, and may keep them out of the playoffs this year. He may ultimately prove to be the reason Atkins gets let go in the off-season.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,075

Post#769 » by ItsDanger » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:41 pm

I can't forget Schneider pulling Gausman last wild card playoffs. This season confirms his flaw. Overthinking decisions constantly results in all these close losses.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,508

Post#770 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:45 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:Imagine being a manager of a major league team and giving the guy with an OPS north of 1.000 OPS 4 at-bats in 8 days. We sure could have used some of the good Schneider's offense during the last week he was riding the pine and the team was stacking losses.

With the coaching we have seen this year, this team doesn't deserve to win. Schneider cost them a deeper playoff run last year, and may keep them out of the playoffs this year. He may ultimately prove to be the reason Atkins gets let go in the off-season.

It's possible that call came from the FO. I can't remember who said it last year in an interview (I think Maddon after he was fired), that his FO were the ones who set lineups, not him.

Given how stupid our lineups have been under both Montoyo and Schneider now, I'm leaning towards the FO theory.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#771 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:46 pm

tripa wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:
tripa wrote:
Find one post where I said Schneider has done well all season long.

we got them where we want them. right tripa? :lol:

So you cant find a single post. Got it.

Last time I checked, the manager was also part of the team. So when you praise the team's work, you are also praising the manager.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#772 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:47 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:Imagine being a manager of a major league team and giving the guy with an OPS north of 1.000 OPS 4 at-bats in 8 days. We sure could have used some of the good Schneider's offense during the last week he was riding the pine and the team was stacking losses.

It's possible that call came from the FO. I can't remember who said it last year in an interview (I think Maddon after he was fired), that his FO were the ones who set lineups, not him.

Given how stupid our lineups have been under both Montoyo and Schneider now, I'm leaning towards the FO theory.

Gibbons has alluded to his lineups being dictated by the Shapiro/Atkins management in his podcast before.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,598

Post#773 » by Asianiac_24 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:48 pm

Next series have to be a sweep or we are in a really tough spot. Big thanks to John Schneider benching arguably our best hitter against Baltimore and their 5.00 ERA pitchers for Cavan freakin' Biggio
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#774 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:56 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:Next series have to be a sweep or we are in a really tough spot. Big thanks to John Schneider benching arguably our best hitter against Baltimore and their 5.00 ERA pitchers for Cavan freakin' Biggio

John is the definition of incompetent. He likes to throw games away. There was no excuse not to start him against Baltimore. Look at what he did for us in this series. :crazy:
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,075

Post#775 » by ItsDanger » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:58 pm

Guess the problem wasn't the home run jacket after all.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,508

Post#776 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:11 pm

I'm going to be livid if the Yankees sign Click and we keep Atkins. Maybe we'll get to see a WS between two former Jays executives then while we miss the playoffs again next year.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,230

Post#777 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:33 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
johanliebert wrote:Espinal comes in for 1 ab yet he’s the guy highlighted in the post game show.

Espinal played half the game. Bichette left in the middle of it.

He also did something incredibly stupid (which has become the norm for him).

Espinal shouldn't even be on a major league team based on his play.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,118

Post#778 » by C Court » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:00 pm

When you face an AL powerhouse like the Cleveland Guardians, you have to consider winning one out of three at Rogers Centre a tremendous accomplishment. The Jays, their GM and Manager are awesome.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,577

Post#779 » by bluerap23 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:06 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:You use all your options early, you leave yourself vulnerable later. Analytics fail.

Doesn't help when your starting 3B is leaving a game with finger inflammation right after seeing the team's SS go down. Options tend to run out quickly.

Or when your manager has your second best reliever face just 1 batter.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#780 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:21 pm

How do you not get booed off the field after that effort.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays