GT: Royals @ Jays / Sept 8-10

Moderator: JaysRule15

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,511

Re: GT: Royals @ Jays / Sept 8-10 

Post#501 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:23 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
hst420 wrote:Predict the Jays record the remaining 19 games against Texas and divisional rivals.. I am going to be optimistic and say 12-7

9-10 and probably lucky to do so. There are two series with the Rays in there.

We will never lose to the Rays again this year.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,471

Post#502 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:38 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

How can stats be "wrong"? They're numbers. They're objective. They clearly show that Romano is an elite reliever.

Is he the best closer in baseball? No, but he's damn good.

He has his moments like every reliever which is why i dont totally trust him and he really needs to clean that up, especially down the stretch here and in the playoffs if we make it
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,511

Post#503 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:43 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

How can stats be "wrong"? They're numbers. They're objective. They clearly show that Romano is an elite reliever.

Is he the best closer in baseball? No, but he's damn good.

He has his moments like every reliever which is why i dont totally trust him and he really needs to clean that up, especially down the stretch here and in the playoffs if we make it

Obviously having a guy who is lights out every single night, without exception, would be ideal. But those guys are extremely rare (and typically don't carry that dominance over from year to year). I'm fine with Romano in the closer role. I don't think he's ever going to be the best reliever in baseball, and that's fine. He's still good enough. We have adequate backup options as well.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,471

Post#504 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:28 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Obviously having a guy who is lights out every single night, without exception, would be ideal. But those guys are extremely rare (and typically don't carry that dominance over from year to year). I'm fine with Romano in the closer role. I don't think he's ever going to be the best reliever in baseball, and that's fine. He's still good enough. We have adequate backup options as well.

Im happy we picked up Hicks and others at the deadline. That will help the depth especially in tight games in the playoffs.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#505 » by dagger » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:40 pm

hyper316 wrote:Stop this madness where Biggio bats ahead of Merrifield, I don't care about L/H bats, stop it

Merrifield’s last 30-35 games have been awful. He hadn’t had a hit in a week before today when they bought him one sending Varsho on a hit and run that gave Whit an open right side to shoot a grounder through.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#506 » by SharoneWright » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:11 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
hst420 wrote:Predict the Jays record the remaining 19 games against Texas and divisional rivals.. I am going to be optimistic and say 12-7

9-10 and probably lucky to do so. There are two series with the Rays in there.

We will never lose to the Rays again this year.

Playoff prediction?
Is anybody here a marine biologist?

Return to Toronto Blue Jays