belowtherim
Pro Prospect
And1: 23

Daily Papers - April 23, 2007 

Post#1 » by belowtherim » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:30 pm

Toronto Star

Jays' frustration mounts
By Cathal Kelly
The Jays then boarded a charter bound for Boston to face the hot Red Sox, who took two of three last week in Toronto. Gibbons was hoping that the fervour of the Fenway Park crowd might jolt his team out of its funk.

"Maybe there'll be a shot of adrenaline for us there," Gibbons said. "All that energy that place provides, maybe it'll help us out."

Toronto Sun

Thomas feels optimistic
By Ken Fidlin
"(Home run No.) 500 is approaching and I really want to blast some balls. I'm just going to have to go one at-bat at a time and line some balls and fight off some tough pitches like I did today. I went through this last year and I'm capable of getting hot very quickly. Today was a good start. I had some quality at-bats.

Troubled times
By Ken Fidlin
Chacin erased the first nine batters he faced yesterday, then simply caved in at the first sign of adversity. Jay Payton singled leading off the fourth to become Baltimore's first base-runner of the game. Then Chacin walked Melvin Mora, who was 0-for-15 against Chacin. Red-hot Nick Markakis tripled both men home, then came home himself on Miguel Tejada's single. In the fifth, Payton singled again, Mora walked again and Markakis drove Payton home again. That was it for Chacin, but Zambrano let both inherited runners score on another Tejada single.

Globe & Mail

Orioles complete sweep of Blue Jays
By Jeff Blair
John Gibbons, the Blue Jays manager, moved Frank Thomas out of the cleanup spot for the first time this season, dropping the designated hitter to fifth and moving Lyle Overbay up in the order.

"Just trying to get him going," Gibbons said. "Sometimes you need to give them a different look."

Ricciardi refuses to panic as Jays' bats turning cold
By Jeff Blair
But the Blue Jays' rotation
Peteros
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Peteros » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Rack up another loss today.

Things are not looking good for the Jays. :(
OldNo7
Retired Mod