ImageImageImage

Spring Training

Moderator: Rafael122

WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Spring Training 

Post#1 » by WashWiz54 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:53 am

Honestly I'm probably talking to myself but here is to the off chance someone is out there reading this!

We have a lot of questions to address this year.

First being who starts at First Base? We have two proven players in Dmitri Young and Nick Johnson. Nick is coming off a broken leg and Dmitri is coming of an All-Star season.

Next being who is our starting outfield? We have Mo Pena and Kearns who are pretty much guaranteed to be in the starting lineup but who is the CF? Personally my money goes on Lastings Milledge.

Speaking of Lastings will our new players be able to adapt? We brought in quite a few new faces with a few character "flaws" so that should be interesting.

The battle for catcher is pretty interesting too. We have Lo Duca who is thought to be the starter but Estrada would be more than happy to take the spot. We also have Jesus Flores waiting in the wings.

We also have a little more depth coming back in the infield with Guzman being healthy (probably for only a couple games, though.) We signed Aaron Boone so that should be atleast a pinch hitting bat.

We have a ton of pitching questions as always. Ayala is back which hopefully should be nice. Cordero is still here but who knows for how long. As awlays our starting rotation is an interesting situation to say the least.

We also have a ton of young players this year but when don't we? I really don't know the young players well so maybe someone else does. Probably not considering this is the first post since last year.

Bret Boone is trying to make a come back as a camp invitee which I think is awesome. I really hope him and Ray King make the team.

Also we have a new stadium opening up which should be fun.

Here is to a good Nationals season!
maseda17
Senior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by maseda17 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:58 am

Nice game for Milledge tonight. 2-3 with 2 SB. Ive been touting him as a fantasy sleeper since the trade.

Return to Washington Nationals