WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Introduce Yourself 

Post#1 » by WashWiz54 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:26 pm

Name: Mike
Nats/Expos Loyalty: Since they moved to DC

Basic Info:

Well I became a Nats fan once I heard we were getting the team. I sort of rooted for the Expos since I always loved the underdog, but by no means was I a fan. Until the Nats came along the Devil Rays were my team so I'm use to this whole losing thing.

Next?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#2 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:59 pm

Name: Ryan
Nats/Expos Loyalty: Been following since I was like 8, so 12 years now.

Basic Info:

I grew up living an hour away from Montreal, so I always went to a couple games a year. I've been cheering for them since I have been watching baseball, through the bad times, and... the bad times lol. When they moved to DC I was disappointed, but thats the business of the sport. So I am now loyal to the Washington Nationals.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#3 » by WashWiz54 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:23 am

Nice to know I'm not the only one :lol:. However it looks like for awhile it'll be just the two of us!
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 285

Post#4 » by Ed Wood » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:26 am

Ugh, alright, because someone needs to start dancing, the DJ is not enticing us needless to say.
Name: Jeremy
Reason for association with the team: I was a fan of the organization in the years before the collective owners basically forced it to destroy itself, it was well run and employed a lot of skilled talent evaluation and development people. When they moved to D.C. they became the local team (D.C. being where I'm from) and so I took a bit more interest in them. When Bowden was named GM I considered putting off any serious fandom but after a very rough start he's actually done fine and I like what the new ownership group has been doing thus far.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Snayr » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:52 am

And then there were three!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#6 » by jmrosenth » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:12 pm

Jason/Arlington, VA

I grew up as a diehard O's fan, but that's mainly because DC didn't have a team. I still consider the O's one of my teams, but I definitely have adopted the Nats with their move to DC. The O's are pretty much dead to me until Angelos leaves.

I'm surprised to see that there's a couple old Expos fans on here who have remained loyal to the franchise. That's pretty cool.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
GnarlsOakley
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#7 » by GnarlsOakley » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:42 am

Name: Austin

i've been following the Nats ever since they moved to DC. i have been a Yankees (96-97)/Orioles (98-99)/Mets (99-present)/Red Sox (03-present)/Nats (05-present) fan, i used to live in NY. i'm really anxious for the Nats future and cant wait to see some more homegrown talent in DC. i went to Opening Day this year and sat in the nosebleed seats, great weather, great atmosphere, **** team. but hey, we'll get em next year.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#8 » by Scabs304 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 1:55 am

Name: Sean
Born: Wheaton, MD

Well I'm Scabs.
I am Scabs.
jefbo_80
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by jefbo_80 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:02 pm

Name: Jeff
Born: Columbus, GA

I actually grew up a die hard Braves fan because I was an army brat and lived around the world. TBS allowed me to root for the team that played in the state I was born. That's how I chose the Braves. As I got older I became less and less interested with the Braves as they continued to lose in the postseason. I lived in Ellicott City, Maryland from 1992 until 1998 and my father grew up a Senators fan so when the Nationals came to town and my father was excited I became enamored with the new team and the direction they're taking(Never liked the Orioles)...

Here I am...

Return to Washington Nationals