1B- Delgado
2B- Valentin
SS- Reyes
3B- Wright
LF- Green
CF- Beltran
RF- Alou

Pitching

Oliver Perez, LHP (2-1, 3.31) @ Matt Chico, LHP (1-2, 6.38)
Scouting Report:
Mets: Perez sparkled on Saturday against the Braves, striking out nine and walking none in 6 2/3 innings of two-run ball. Control is key for the young lefty -- in his two wins this season, he hasn't walked a single batter. In his one loss, he walked seven. Perez had one good start and one bad one against the Nationals last season, and, fittingly, he walked four times as many batters in the bad one, a 6-0 loss. For his career, he's 1-1 with a 5.54 ERA against Washington.
Nationals: Chico will be under some scrutiny in this start. Chico all but pitched himself out of the rotation in his previous game against the Marlins. He walked seven batters and gave up six hits and five runs over 4 2/3 innings. The main reason he lasted that long is the Nats' bullpen was a little weary from two extra-inning games in three days. Chico's performance included one pitch that wound up in the stands above the Marlins' dugout. He said he usually has been able to bounce back from such traumatic outings, and the Nationals will be watching closely to see if that holds true.

Tom Glavine, LHP (3-1, 3.07) @ Jerome Williams, RHP (0-4, 7.77)
Scouting Report:
Mets: Glavine left Sunday's showdown against the Braves in line for a win, but the bullpen imploded behind him in a 9-6 loss. That masked yet another quality start from the veteran, who settled down after a leadoff homer to out pitch longtime friend John Smoltz. Glavine is looking for career win No. 294 against Washington, a team he held to a 2.25 ERA in 24 innings last season.
Nationals: Williams is seeking his first victory of the season. In 22 innings, he has allowed 26 hits and 21 runs (19 earned). Williams has recorded 14 strikeouts, walked 12 and given up five home runs. In his last outing at Florida on Sunday, he gave up nine hits and nine earned runs in six innings.

John Maine, RHP (3-0, 1.71) @ Jason Bergmann, RHP (0-1, 3.27)
Scouting Report:
Mets: Maine has become the Mets' long man, and that distinction has nothing to do with pitching in relief. He has made one less start than Tom Glavine and pitched three fewer innings, averaging nearly 6 2/3 innings per start. He hasn't faced the National yet this year. He produced a 1-1 record in four starts against them last season. The Mets have won 14 of Maine's last 16 starts.
Nationals: Bergmann was solid in his start against the Phillies on Tuesday. In six innings, he gave up three hits and two runs (one earned) while recording five strikeouts and two walks. Bergmann threw 87 pitches, 51 for strikes. This will be his fifth start of the season, as he searches for his first victory.

Go Nats!
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#2 » by WashWiz54 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:09 pm

Why do I even bother?
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 285

Post#3 » by Ed Wood » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:47 am

For the love of the game I suppose. And if the forum ever does pick up you'll certainly have earned the right to act the Godfather and intimidate newcomers. As for this past game, it can't be fun to be Justin Bergmann and to wonder whether you'll ever get that first win before you revert back to pitching like Justin Bergmann.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#4 » by WashWiz54 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:29 am

Ed Wood wrote:For the love of the game I suppose. And if the forum ever does pick up you'll certainly have earned the right to act the Godfather and intimidate newcomers. As for this past game, it can't be fun to be Justin Bergmann and to wonder whether you'll ever get that first win before you revert back to pitching like Justin Bergmann.

Haha. Glad to have you here atleast.

I missed the game today but I think the box score says it all. We couldn't get one freakin' run! I too feel bad for Bergmann because he is playing out of his mind right now.

Return to Washington Nationals