WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Nationals @ Cubs (May 4- May 6) 

Post#1 » by WashWiz54 » Sun May 6, 2007 2:41 pm

Nationals (9-21) @ Cubs (14-14)

Game 1

Friday, May 4 Wrigley Field | 2:20 PM ET

Jason Bergmann, RHP (0-2, 2.79) @ Carlos Zambrano, RHP (2-2, 5.77)

Scouting Report:
Nationals: Bergmann will face the Cubs for the first time in his career. In his last start, Bergmann made one mistake and it proved costly as the Nationals were blanked by the Mets, 1-0. Bergmann had his fourth consecutive quality start, pitching a season-high seven innings, while giving up just the one run. He struck out six batters and walked only three.
Cubs: Zambrano led the National League in walks last year, and though he was tied for the lead entering his start on Saturday, he didn't walk a single batter against St. Louis. Big Z gave up one run on Albert Pujols' solo homer over seven innings while striking out two. He improved to 5-0 with a 1.23 ERA in eight starts lifetime against the Cardinals. Zambrano just has to maintain that level of concentration in all his starts. He's 3-2 with a 3.38 ERA in his career against the Nationals.

Game 2

Saturday, May 5 Wrigley Field | 1:05 PM ET

John Patterson, RHP (1-4, 6.44) @ Rich Hill, LHP (3-1, 1.77)

Scouting Report:
Nationals: The Big Nasty is back, or is he? On Monday, Patterson pitched his best game of the season and helped the Nationals defeat the Padres, 3-2. It was Patterson's first victory since April 15, 2006, when he pitched a complete game against the Marlins. Patterson missed most of last season with a forearm strain. He indicated that he is a long way from being the pitcher who had a breakout season in 2005. He still has delivery problems to fix.
Cubs: Hill pitched well enough to win in his previous outing Monday in Pittsburgh, but he received a no-decision in a 3-2 loss. He pitched seven innings, allowing only six hits and one walk. Hill has pitched into the seventh in each of his five starts this season, and he has allowed more than two runs only once and has yet to allow more than six hits in a contest. In 25 Major League starts, Hill has pitched at least six innings 15 times and issued two or fewer walks 15 times.

Game 3

Sunday, May 6 Wrigley Field | 2:20 PM ET

Shawn Hill, RHP (2-3, 3.00) @ Angel Guzman, RHP (0-0, 2.45)

Scouting Report:
Nationals: Hill will face the Cubs for the first time in his career. In his last outing, Hill pitched 6 1/3 innings and gave up three runs on four hits in a 3-0 loss to the Padres. A sinkerball pitcher, Hill was able to get eight groundouts. He struck out five batters and walked three.
Cubs: Guzman will be called up for Sunday's game, and the Cubs are hoping his problems at Triple-A are simply from jet lag. The right-hander is 0-2 with a 12.19 ERA in three starts at Iowa, but has shuttled from the Minor League team to the Major League team the last couple weeks. He was supposed to start May 1 for the Cubs, but because of the April 29 postponement, Guzman was sent back to Iowa. In that game, he gave up seven runs on four hits and four walks over three innings. Guzman is still searching for that first Major League win.

Sorry guys, I've had a real busy weekend.
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#2 » by jmrosenth » Mon May 7, 2007 2:07 pm

Cordero blows (pun intended).
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#3 » by Ed Wood » Tue May 8, 2007 2:39 am

Well that's no good, if he doesn't pitch like a genuine card carrying member of the closers club we won't be able to make ridiculous demands of trades looking to trade for him. I must also confess that I've tired of the

Return to Washington Nationals