ImageImageImage

Denver @ Charlotte

Moderator: THE J0KER

Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#81 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:31 am

Melo played a good game, but he choked it away at the end, missed a layup, missed a free throw, and then traveled.

Can't blame the loss on just Melo though. The whole offense choked in the 4th quarter. Only 17 freaking points. Game should not have come down to FT's, it should have been over with a Nuggets win.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#82 » by milehigh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 am

corona wrote:it was jr's fault for not running off the screen fast enough and not making the 35 foot flip shot.

Yep J.R. might be benched for the rest of the month.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#83 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:20 am

That was Karl's plan. JR was actually playing well, so he had to do something so he could have a reason to bench him.
almost famous
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#84 » by almost famous » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:58 am

noone wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It was pretty obvious what the play was. The only thing that went wrong was JR was late coming off the Camby screen. I only got a chance to see the play and one replay, so I'm not sure what exactly slowed him down. Most likely the defender holding onto him or bumping him off balance. And Kleiza responded exactly how he should have. Had JR not eventually come, I'm sure Kleiza would have jacked up an awkward looking shot.

There was more than enough time for the pass off and for JR to get the shot off so Kleiza is hardly the man to blame. He did exactly what the play drew up for (it was obvious, but I'm sorry you missed it). Karl made a poor coaching decision. If he felt the play better drawn away from Melo and Iverson, that's fine, but at the very least it should have been JR receiving the ball from Camby and Kleiza coming off the double screen. At least that way your primary ball handler can create his own shot if need be, something Kleiza would never be able to do in that situation.

I only saw the play once, but I know JR was in no position to do anything with that ball when LK gave it to him. He was covered, too far from the line, LK was in his way, and there was like half a second left on the clock.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by el loco » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:38 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Melo played a good game, but he choked it away at the end, missed a layup, missed a free throw, and then traveled.

Can't blame the loss on just Melo though. The whole offense choked in the 4th quarter. Only 17 freaking points. Game should not have come down to FT's, it should have been over with a Nuggets win.

I don't, but he alone missed a bunch of freebies from the charity stripe, the whole team played like crap. We gave up 119 points to a team that averages 94. They played 3 guards, a small forward, and a center against us and still demolished us in the paint. Terrible game for us, but it is over.
noone
Analyst

Post#86 » by noone » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:15 pm

almost famous wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I only saw the play once, but I know JR was in no position to do anything with that ball when LK gave it to him. He was covered, too far from the line, LK was in his way, and there was like half a second left on the clock.

Which is why it was poorly drawn up play. At that point in a game teams will always switch everything on defense. JR never would have gotten a clean shot off. Even if he weren't late coming off the screen. He would have had to taken a dribble and shoot either a leaner like he did or a fadeway (heave is probably more like it) falling backwards. If anything it should have been either Iverson or Melo in Kleiza's place.
JRmakes_it_rain
Pro Prospect

Post#87 » by JRmakes_it_rain » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:30 pm

milehighman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yep J.R. might be benched for the rest of the month.

I'm sure he will be, but amazingly enough, George actually said that he would've liked Kleiza to do something better with the ball, given the situation. Kinda shocked me that he didn't try and point the finger at JR, I'm sure he will send a message by giving JR a DNP coachs decision tonight.
mlagoa
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#88 » by mlagoa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:37 pm

why FAT Karl not use Hunter man?

Just Camby and Martin is our big mans last night, and Martin is not a "big" big man!
Sorry my bad english
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#89 » by pickaxe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Any sort of defense would have prevented them from being in those situations to begin with. Kleiza needed to shoot that ball. Tick, tick, tick, buzzer. Needs to toss it up at second tick - but he acted as though the clock began when he passed the ball to JR.

Definite bad by Kleiza.
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 491

Post#90 » by Sixercise » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:36 pm

mlagoa wrote:why FAT Karl not use Hunter man?

Just Camby and Martin is our big mans last night, and Martin is not a "big" big man!
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by el loco » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm

jiggy08 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Um, that's cuz Hunter's hurt. :P

No, he is back and available. He just hasn't had his number called to see any action.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,282

Post#92 » by RRFB » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:55 pm

I assume Karl has just been waiting to give him some garbage time before putting him in a real game situation. The past two games have just gone down to the very end though.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#93 » by pickaxe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Well, it's a good time to get some time in for Hunter. Najera's even out. Kenyon's good but I don't see him playing 40 minutes every night and Camby can't do everything (he can do a lot) but not everything.

put the ball in the basket like this
almost famous
Rookie

Post#94 » by almost famous » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:47 pm

noone wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Which is why it was poorly drawn up play. At that point in a game teams will always switch everything on defense. JR never would have gotten a clean shot off. Even if he weren't late coming off the screen. He would have had to taken a dribble and shoot either a leaner like he did or a fadeway (heave is probably more like it) falling backwards. If anything it should have been either Iverson or Melo in Kleiza's place.

Ah, well we actually agree then, friend.

Moving on to the next game....

Return to Denver Nuggets