ImageImageImage

championship aspirations and george karl

Moderator: THE J0KER

do you think that the Nuggets could ever win a championship with george karl as head coach?

yes - they're just missing a healthy lineup and a piece or two
17%
no - at some point during the playoffs george karl will get out-coached and will fail at his job of making adjustments and creating effective game plans on both offense and/or defense
83%

Total votes: 18

djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

championship aspirations and george karl 

Post#1 » by djtruebeliever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:46 am

any regular on this board already knows my opinion, so I'm not going to repeat it, I'm just curious to see where the group leans on this.
I'm in Kokokiko!
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#2 » by pickaxe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 am

We'd be going on potential to say yes he could win a championship here.

We've also seen the results for 3+ years.

At some point there are diminshing returns on having Karl as coach. He does not make adjustments at the right time. He stops motivating at some point and as in his interview tonight he says "If they want to get out and run we might win" ... ...

He makes excuses instead of finding creative ways to make different groups of guys work together on the court. Melo went down tonight - but with 8 minutes and only down 10-15 points was that time to give up the game? Was halftime the time to stop doubling Kobe over?

He wants his guys to run.......run with a game plan that doesn't work. And when it doesn't work he keeps running them with that game plan.

When the team was in single digits in the 3rd, the Lakers adjusted. Karl did not. The Lakers took advantage, Karl did not. Every time things were not going the Lakers way, Jackson had a new game plan and regained control. Karl did not.

Can Karl win a championship here......yes. How he manages a career winning of percentage of 55-60%......no clue.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,713

Post#3 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:03 am

Anyone voting yes, has not been following the Nuggets. Karl is awful.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by el loco » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 am

The problem with running is that GK only plays a 7 man rotation and other teams just weather the storm against us when we do play up tempo.

As far as the injury excuse, it is the same people missing games every season, so that is almost a given anymore.

GK needs to go bye bye

I didn't vote because if we don't get healthy, I don't think we even make the playoffs.

Oh, you said ever win it with Karl, so I did vote no.
jahshawn
Sophomore

Post#5 » by jahshawn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:13 am

The Nuggets will never win with Karl as the coach.He has lost his passion for the game.All he does is sit on the sidelines and do nothing.The other team goes on a run and he doesn't call a timeout.His palyers get hammeredon the court with no fouls calls he won't even take up for his players.An the last thing I hate aboy him is that he plays favorites and have double standards for some players.
Allowing fear to permeate your being will hamper your dreams before you even begin them.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#6 » by pickaxe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:17 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Anyone voting yes, has not been following the Nuggets. Karl is awful.

My vote is more for the fact that Karl could win a championship - not that he necessarily will. He's capable of coaching - he just doesn't do it. He is his greatest obstacle.

Besides, it would be pretty depressing if it were decided he is completely incapable when there are still games to watch.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#7 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:52 am

meloivynene wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My vote is more for the fact that Karl could win a championship - not that he necessarily will. He's capable of coaching - he just doesn't do it. He is his greatest obstacle.

Besides, it would be pretty depressing if it were decided he is completely incapable when there are still games to watch.

I don't even think he remembers how to coach or he has his head so far up his own ass he can't see how horrible he has been.

And I have already decided that. I know this team will be going no where in the playoffs with him coaching. Maybe I shouldn't watch games anymore, but being a fan can be a real stupid thing.
eathy
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by eathy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Realistically, the Nuggets have basically no chance of winning the championship this season and are looking at a first round exit. George Karl is a pain in coaching, but if we sack him right now, the available coaches with playoff experience are probably far worst than him. Would people really want to take a risk in hiring an inexperienced coach?
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#9 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:27 pm

I do. Promote AD, see how he does.

Hiring a new coach would give the Nuggets a chance of advancing in the playoffs. Keeping Karl, there is no chance.

So there is little risk involved.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,387

Post#10 » by DaFan334 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Were pretty obviously out coached almost every night. Its really getting rather frustrating to watch a team with this much talent, look awful at times.
EMB6903
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by EMB6903 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:33 pm

its seriously an absolute Joke watching this Nuggets offense, if we didnt have 2 dynamic scorers, we'd be the worst team in the league... look at the ball movement on a consistant basis compared to the opposing team. Its sad, an NBA team shouldnt be playing like this, we dont even run this Fast break offense right, its pathetic watching how this team plays as a team.

Return to Denver Nuggets