corona wrote:please call us:
kenyon martin
chucky atkins
steven hunter

we're listening:
jr smith
eddie najera
nene
(ac/khouba/wafer probably belong here too)

probably not considering:
kleiza
camby

knock socks off:
iverson

not returning call:
melo (unless cleveland or orlando are on the line)

:dontknow:

that's the way i'd look at it.

oh oh.. i wanna play...

not returning call:
Melo

you'd have to knock my socks off...
AI
Camby

and the rest of the squad falls under "we're listening"...

and the only reason Camby is under "knock my socks off" is because we would HAVE to get a half-decent center along with some type of big gaurd that can play the point.. and thats probably the only way id listen to talks..
EMB6903
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#22 » by EMB6903 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 1:36 am

AIMelo15 wrote:Get a 3 point man and a perimiter defender cough*Artest and Miller*cough

why would you want 2 SF's?? we already have 2 solid SF's.... if we got miller what would he play, 3? that would leave melo at the 2 which puts iverson at the point..... People just dont understand how bad Iverson is at the point.

what we desperately need is a Point Guard or a Big who can consistantly become a threat with his back to the basket.
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#23 » by JRMelo15 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 2:13 am

EMB6903 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

why would you want 2 SF's?? we already have 2 solid SF's.... if we got miller what would he play, 3? that would leave melo at the 2 which puts iverson at the point..... People just dont understand how bad Iverson is at the point.

what we desperately need is a Point Guard or a Big who can consistantly become a threat with his back to the basket.

Doesn't necessarily need both of them, I meant to get at least one of them. Miller will personally fit in better, because he'll play around 24 mins in the rotation. About 12 minutes AI can handle being a PG, other 12 Melo on the bench Miller will play at 3. That will give virtually no playing time to Kleiza though. :(
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#24 » by djtruebeliever » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:15 am

if miller were in with Melo it would be Melo at the 3, miller at the 2.
I'm in Kokokiko!
tareek_ed
Junior
And1: 8

Post#25 » by tareek_ed » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:15 am

najera, kleiza, and atkins for artest and douby?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#26 » by revprodeji » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:00 am

I want to update you guys.

After talks for Kidd fell thru, and the Hawks quit calling I moved on a deal that I believe helps the Nuggets.

Nene+Atkins+Najera+ a future 2nd for

A.Jamison

Jamison provides a 3rd scoring option with AI and Mello, he plays the 4. He can defend and he can work in the high post in order to not clog the lane. He is also very effective with his back to the basket. I feel that this trade makes up for LAL getting Gasol. WIth this AJ is also an ending contract that I can move for a bigger fish or simply let go away for cap help. I also get rid of Atkins contract and Nene's contract.

I do ok?

I am trying to get approval to sign Gary Payton to a vet contract. As well as move for another vet SG. The LAC gm wants a 1st for Cassel and that is too much.

Any more insight would be great.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#27 » by revprodeji » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:36 pm

Do you guys like this deal?

I am trying to sign a minor league guy for a min contract so we have 12 active. Likely Julius Hodge. Former Nugget, multiple skill player and an old friend of mine.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 39

Post#28 » by denvers_finest » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:00 pm

Personally, I think its probably a bit too much to give up for Jamison, who I don't think would be a great fit here. He is having a great year for sure, and his shooting would help spread the floor, but I don't know that we need another average at best defender on this team. Plus, he would likely have to come off the bench behind K-Mart (who is having a very good year as well).

Not sure what others think, but really, this team doesn't need a whole lot. A big PG who can shoot, and probably some insurance behind K-Mart and Camby, but i wouldn't mess with the core too much.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by revprodeji » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:58 pm

I think Jamison gives you a 3rd offensive option. WHich is key. Also he will help to draw defenders out of the paint with his outside game. ANd he can go low-post. He showed in Dallas that he can contribute without being a 1 or 2 option. His defense is at least average, if not better and would be even better with Camby next to him.

And if it does not work out then he leaves as a free agent and you got away from Nene's contract.

I am trying to add a vet guard right now.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by big123 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:28 pm

I'd rather wait till nene comes back then to do that trade. Too much for AJ IMO.
nola3
Junior

Post#31 » by nola3 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:15 pm

i just can't believe people would trade a hall-of-famer having one of his best years ever for Joe "I'd rather be a star on a bad team than be a role player on a championship team" Johnson.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by revprodeji » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:26 pm

The JJ talks are dead.

My thought is this Camby+Martin+AJ+Mello+AI is one of the best 5's in the league. If not the best. of course they guys would rarely if ever be on the court together (unless Mello can guard the 2, but I have not seen that) But it allows for a very impressive 3 man rotation at the 4 and 5 with Hunter picking up spare minutes.

Jamison is better than Nene. He also has a much more friendly contract. So if this year would not work out we clear a ton of cap. It allows for a much easier rebuild then waiting for Nene to come off the cap. Jamison also gives a very good 3rd option on offense for AI and Mello to work from.

I have been reading thru your threads and I have the sense that Denver would rather go for broke and make a great 1-2 year run at a legit title shot then be stuck in the middle. This is a trade the moves that way.

I am still in talks to bring in a decent combo guard.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by big123 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 9:24 pm

revprodeji wrote:The JJ talks are dead.

My thought is this Camby+Martin+AJ+Mello+AI is one of the best 5's in the league. If not the best. of course they guys would rarely if ever be on the court together (unless Mello can guard the 2, but I have not seen that) But it allows for a very impressive 3 man rotation at the 4 and 5 with Hunter picking up spare minutes.

Jamison is better than Nene. He also has a much more friendly contract. So if this year would not work out we clear a ton of cap. It allows for a much easier rebuild then waiting for Nene to come off the cap. Jamison also gives a very good 3rd option on offense for AI and Mello to work from.

I have been reading thru your threads and I have the sense that Denver would rather go for broke and make a great 1-2 year run at a legit title shot then be stuck in the middle. This is a trade the moves that way.

I am still in talks to bring in a decent combo guard.

AJ and Nene are different style of players. I would think Nene would be part of the rebuild though, not just unwanted cap space. Build around Melo and Nene. You would have your 3 and 4 for a long time to come.
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#34 » by JRMelo15 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 10:35 pm

No, Jamison trade doesn't look too good, rotation becomes messed up and AI doesn't play at point, plus Melo at 2? GK has a midget fetish and likes to play Najera at C. Try to look for a PG who thinks pass first, or a SG that has enough height and has solid perimeter D.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by big123 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 10:51 pm

AIMelo15 wrote:No, Jamison trade doesn't look too good, rotation becomes messed up and AI doesn't play at point, plus Melo at 2? GK has a midget fetish and likes to play Najera at C. Try to look for a PG who thinks pass first, or a SG that has enough height and has solid perimeter D.

AC and Diawara :clap:
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#36 » by JRMelo15 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 10:54 pm

big123 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

AC and Diawara :clap:

Seriously?? :rofl:
big123
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by big123 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 11:19 pm

AIMelo15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Seriously?? :rofl:

Yeah I am. Carter hasn;t been bad and Diawara can play some D. Matter of fact he's the Nuggs best permiter defender. I thought about A. Miller, but he's too small to play alongside AI. Kidd would be a great fit, but that aint happenin.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by revprodeji » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:50 pm

I was able to get West

Smith+lotto protect 1st
for
West+2 2nd rd picks (port and the better of NO/Hou)

I grabbed his QA and starting talking about extention.

This gives us

Camby
Martin
Mello
AI
West

Hunter
Jamison
LK
Diahera
Carter

Not bad?
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#39 » by JRMelo15 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:11 pm

This looks much better, Jamison as a 6th man - automatic win for 6th man award. Its Diawara btw ;)

Return to Denver Nuggets