ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,626

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#261 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Manolito wrote:I don't want the Rockets to fall down from 5th seed. We are going to be most likely 2nd or 3rd and a pick 19 instead of 22 does not compensate facing the Rockets in the first round.

Regarding Beasley, IMHO it was not him or Harris, It was him or Barton. He would have probably signed something close to 40Mx3 and that is exactly Barton's contract

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app

Looking back at several of the games between the Rockets and the Nuggets, the impact that Capela had was huge, everybody wants to credit Harden for his scoring (rightfully so). But without the inside scoring and rebounding that is now VERY apparent, I feel much more confident that the Rockets aren't the team to be feared as before
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,820

Post#262 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:I don't want the Rockets to fall down from 5th seed. We are going to be most likely 2nd or 3rd and a pick 19 instead of 22 does not compensate facing the Rockets in the first round.

Regarding Beasley, IMHO it was not him or Harris, It was him or Barton. He would have probably signed something close to 40Mx3 and that is exactly Barton's contract

Looking back at several of the games between the Rockets and the Nuggets, the impact that Capela had was huge, everybody wants to credit Harden for his scoring (rightfully so). But without the inside scoring and rebounding that is now VERY apparent, I feel much more confident that the Rockets aren't the team to be feared as before

I agree, our biggest issue with the Rockets has always been that Capela was just too fast and could get to the Rim before the rotations could make it there. If someone cheated off their man than we left a 3 point shooter open who would then kill us. I personally think that they are not going to do all that well to finish the season and will be out in the 1st round this year.
Manolito
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#263 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:10 pm

I also think Rockets are way less dangerous without Capela, but I still would rather playing against Dallas or OKC than against Houston. It is a no brainer IMO

Simply to improve one or two positions Houston's pick does not worth it.

Manolito
Sophomore

Post#264 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:43 pm

According to Michael Scotto from Bleacher Report, we were trying to trade for Lavine including Gary Harris + Beasley + Juancho.

I don't love the idea because if his poor D and the primary ball handler role is already assign to Jokic and Murray (add MPJ into the mix), but truth to be said he is in a very friendly contracy

skywalker33

Post#265 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:21 pm

Manolito wrote:I also think Rockets are way less dangerous without Capela, but I still would rather playing against Dallas or OKC than against Houston. It is a no brainer IMO

Simply to improve one or two positions Houston's pick does not worth it.

I'll avoid DAL with Doncic anytime, not the strongest team but they seem like this year's SAS
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 4,905

Post#266 » by THE J0KER » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:24 am

Manolito wrote:According to Michael Scotto from Bleacher Report, we were trying to trade for Lavine including Gary Harris + Beasley + Juancho.

I don't love the idea because if his poor D and the primary ball handler role is already assign to Jokic and Murray (add MPJ into the mix), but truth to be said he is in a very friendly contracy

Glad to hear if this is true that our FO at least tried to do something serious in this trade-deadline about starting lineup SG improvement for playoff purposes. LaVine would be notable backcourt improvement. But no surprise Bulls reject this offer, Harris ruined his value, and Beasley and Juancho are expiring.

Talking about Houston, it is ridiculous to write-off them after just 3 games. Yes, they lose two of them, but in first they played without one of their two stars, in 2nd they lose by last-second 3pt boozer, and game which they won was actually against WC#1 Lakers. Also, their FO is famous to make deals from nowhere, so if they for example buyout Tristian Thompson from Cavs, they will be clearly better team with Covington and TT instead of Capela.
Manolito
Sophomore

Post#267 » by Manolito » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 am

It has been reported that Magic had been trying to move Aaron Gordon at the deadline and Nuggets had some interest on him. I think he could be a good piece to add next summer, specially considering Nuggets have to beat LeBron - Davis & Kawhi - PG. He might be an insurance for Michael Porter jr and a lineup him and Grant would be elite in defense.

Barton + salary filler (KBD?) x Gordon would be a great deal. Gordon still have two years in a friendly contract
skywalker33

Post#268 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Manolito wrote:It has been reported that Magic had been trying to move Aaron Gordon at the deadline and Nuggets had some interest on him. I think he could be a good piece to add next summer, specially considering Nuggets have to beat LeBron - Davis & Kawhi - PG. He might be an insurance for Michael Porter jr and a lineup him and Grant would be elite in defense.

Barton + salary filler (KBD?) x Gordon would be a great deal. Gordon still have two years in a friendly contract

I've never thought of AG ans above average in defense, always seen him more of a scoring forward. I see KBD as more of a defender than AG.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#269 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Maybe we should use on draft night Barton (or Harris?) and late HOU 1st pick to get late lottery #13-#14 pick? In the middle of 1st round several great players was chosen lately (Giannis, Kawhi, Porter jr,, Mitchell, Adebayo, Booker...) while not so much when we talking about 20+ late first.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 3,053

Post#270 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 am

THE J0KER wrote:Maybe we should use on draft night Barton (or Harris?) and late HOU 1st pick to get late lottery #13-#14 pick? In the middle of 1st round several great players was chosen lately (Giannis, Kawhi, Porter jr,, Mitchell, Adebayo, Booker...) while not so much when we talking about 20+ late first.
I don't mind us trading up in the draft to get a young talent, even if it includes partner Harris in the trade.

but I think it should be one of those draft night trades where we know that a player we really want is available.

We already have plenty of young talent, what we need is the right combination of players.

With that said, I sure hope nobody asked me who the right combination is. LOL

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#271 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:28 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Maybe we should use on draft night Barton (or Harris?) and late HOU 1st pick to get late lottery #13-#14 pick? In the middle of 1st round several great players was chosen lately (Giannis, Kawhi, Porter jr,, Mitchell, Adebayo, Booker...) while not so much when we talking about 20+ late first.
I don't mind us trading up in the draft to get a young talent, even if it includes partner Harris in the trade.

but I think it should be one of those draft night trades where we know that a player we really want is available.

We already have plenty of young talent, what we need is the right combination of players.

With that said, I sure hope nobody asked me who the right combination is. LOL

Look at that gamble from the positive side, even if we do not steal some notable talent. Losing Barton would force Malone to put MPJ 30+ mpg as a starter, while losing Harris would force our FO to make some bold move to get another star guard.
skywalker33

Post#272 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

I like the IDEA, but I'm not truly sure this is the right draft trade up ! While there are a few (Wiseman, Edwards or Avdija) prospects I like (do we have the ammo to get that high ?), the 2021 draft looks to be FILLED to star/superstar prospects !! And As was noted, we really don't NEED to get younger this year, but adding a potential superstar next year to a strong core entering it's prime would be phenomenal.

Return to Denver Nuggets