ImageImageImage

Denver @ LA Lakers

Moderator: THE J0KER

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#181 » by el loco » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 am

djtruebeliever wrote:I'm calling in sick tomorrow and drinking all day long.

That's the spirit. I told you this team drove a person to drink :rofl:
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#182 » by pickaxe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 am

djtruebeliever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

up until about 8-10 games ago the Nuggets had games where they played elite defense, at least in spurts. they were 2nd in the league at points per possession defense for the first few weeks or so. as happens, teams starting finding the holes in the Nuggets' defense, and the Nuggets started getting lazy on their rotations and the coaching staff has more or less failed miserably at recognizing and fixing those holes and that leaves the Nuggets where they are right now. one issue with both AI and Melo is that they have moments where their respective shots aren't falling and they keep blasting away. if they manage to take it to the hole and get a basket or a foul call they will usually turn it around, but sometimes you get a night like tonight.

I think they have a problem resting on their laurels. They won that game against San Antonio - which was a very good defensive game, and then they act like that's the only time they have to play defense for a while.

It even happens in spurts during games. They play a few wonderful sets and then suddenly tone it down like they're saying "look what I did"

Or even just a made basket - suddenly the inbounds just isn't as crisp after they're scored on.

I'll tell you what - the beginning of this game is exactly how they need to play all 48 minutes. They weren't getting discouraged by anything in that first quarter up until the end of it. Made baskets, rebounds, defensive stops, no matter what they were out and running.

The Lakers were on their heels.

Then Fisher hits a few threes and it stops?

Man, that's the time when they need to crank it up even more and keep moving. Players make baskets. It's the NBA.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#183 » by tkb » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:31 am

Hope the injury Anthony got won't keep him on the bench for long. I hate to see players get injured, and he's a pretty special player to boot.

Man, Camby is a sick, sick player. Happy he has turned his career around after all those years of injuries. He's a dominant player and you guys are lucky to have him.

Good luck the rest of the season.
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#184 » by Craig McDermott » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:35 am

Next time, the Nuggs should double and triple Kobe because his teammates can't hit open shots. This was pretty much proven over the last 3 matchups.
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#185 » by Craig McDermott » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:40 am

mlagoa wrote:
Iverson dont try play ONE SECOND Defense at Fish.

Serious...i
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#186 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:41 pm

So much for Doubling Kobe huh ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#187 » by djtruebeliever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:30 pm

you can still double Kobe, you just need someone who is supposed to be guarding a non-shooter to do it. or you just get off your ass and make your defensive rotations.
I'm in Kokokiko!

Return to Denver Nuggets