ImageImageImage

Do you think A.I will make the Allstar team?

Moderator: THE J0KER

Do you think A.I. will make the Allstar team?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 pm

yes
85%
no
15%

Total votes: 27

SJustice1621
Junior
And1: 0

Post#21 » by SJustice1621 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:47 am

denvers_finest wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If it has nothing to do with Melo, then why bring him up? Its not like Melo is taking AI's spot.

And to your point, the league can't have a 20 man all-star team, there are only so many spots, and only so many guards they can have on the team. If you stopped sucking AI's **** long enough, you might notice how great some of the other guards in the west are.

Parker, Paul, Nash, and Roy are all having great seasons, and are playing on better teams than AI. Baron is also have a very solid season, with the Warriors only a game or so behind the Nuggets in terms of records. At least one of these guys is gonna get left off the list. I don't think it will be AI, but I wouldn't fault the league if it was, because all of these guys are very deserving.

No, I did a comparity that they're are a lot of good Forwards in the league as well, and AI deserves a SPOT just as much as Melo...don't get offended about the comparity i made. I KNOw this board SUPPORTS MELO more then AI so I won't go any further with this argument.

Maybe this is why AI is behind McGrady b/c less people in denver support Ai then MELO.

im DONE.
SJustice1621
Junior

Post#22 » by SJustice1621 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:50 am

L-Burna89 wrote:edited, once again.

Ok, tuff guy...keep sounding like an immature 12yr old.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,282

Post#23 » by RRFB » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:13 am

SJustice1621 wrote:Ok, tuff guy...keep sounding like an immature 12yr old.

lmao. Says the guy who types in random caps and thinks comparity is a word...
nola3
Junior

Post#24 » by nola3 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:38 am

SJ,

I'm going to say this in a language that you can understand.

Please STOP making EVERYTHING into a Melo v. AI debate. You make it IMPOSSIBLE to have an EDUCATED discussion about Melo and AI's respective ABILITIES and FLAWS.

I, like MANY, came here as an AI fan first and foremost. You watch the guy for 10 years, its gonna happen. However, the ONLY thing I care about is that AI wins a CHAMPIONSHIP (as a contributor), and I hope he does that as a NUGGET. What I hope is that someday AI can shove his CHAMPIONSHIP ring in the face of all those who said (say) "You can't win a championship with Allen Iverson."

AI is having a very good statistical season (47% shooting from his other-wordly if you've followed him throughout his career), but he's far from perfect, and the NUGGETS are only doing OK, and they still need to get better.

So, PLEASE think about this as you post going forward.
DNIsLeGiT
Junior

Post#25 » by DNIsLeGiT » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:15 am

I believe ai will get picked by the coaches so yes i think he will make it.
laloo
Junior
And1: 41

Post#26 » by laloo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:57 am

nola3 wrote:SJ,

Please STOP making EVERYTHING into a Melo v. AI debate. You make it IMPOSSIBLE to have an EDUCATED discussion about Melo and AI's respective ABILITIES and FLAWS.

I, like MANY, came here as an AI fan first and foremost. You watch the guy for 10 years, its gonna happen. However, the ONLY thing I care about is that AI wins a CHAMPIONSHIP (as a contributor), and I hope he does that as a NUGGET. What I hope is that someday AI can shove his CHAMPIONSHIP ring in the face of all those who said (say) "You can't win a championship with Allen Iverson."

AI is having a very good statistical season (47% shooting from his other-wordly if you've followed him throughout his career), but he's far from perfect, and the NUGGETS are only doing OK, and they still need to get better.

That pretty much sums up what I think as well.

I just want AI to win and I would like him to win here.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#27 » by realfung » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:12 pm

AI and Melo locked.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#28 » by Teens On Acid » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 pm

well said.
SJ is the second person i've ever clicked 'ignore' on.
dude's posts are intolerable.

on to AI.
i'll be honest, before he became a Nugget i was never a big fan. I knew about his talent, his skill as a player. but there was just something. i don't really know what it is or was, there was just...something. i wanted to be a fan..i just couldn't. maybe it was because he was 76er? i don't know.
anyway...when news of him coming to Denver started, i was excited...the thought of him teaming with Melo..man...NOW i had a reason to like AI..

it's been just over a year...not much with the state of our team has changed...same problems, different players.

but there is no Question (yea..i said it) that AI deserves to be on the all star team. i'm not sure if he deserves the start over Chris Paul, but he's definitely one hell of a player. it's goign to be nice to see him and Melo on the all star floor at the same time together...

so, how do we get Kobe to the Nuggets?

*cue outrageous disussion*
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#29 » by djtruebeliever » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:47 am

I gotta hand it to sj, rarely have I seen one person so effectively derail a thread. congratulations on your virtuoso-like command of bad english and inane statements. :bowdown:
I'm in Kokokiko!
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#30 » by djtruebeliever » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:57 am

as to the AI thing, after more thought, I don't really think the Nuggets deserve to have two players in the all-star game. their record and overall play doesn't justify it at this point. Melo is clearly one of the two most dominant forwards in the west. ask almost any defender who they would rather guard between Melo and Dirk and see what they say, or better yet, ask almost any offensive player who they would rather have guard them Melo or Dirk, and you will understand the point I'm making. Melo's scoring has dropped from last year, but his rebounding/defense are much improved, whereas AI's defense has been not nearly as effective and is still generally regarded as somewhat of a liability. all that being said, AI will probably be in the all-star game based mostly on the fact that he is the #2 scorer in the league on a decent shooting percentage and his assists (almost 7/game) are pretty good as well.

when you compare AI to a lot of other guards in the west (many on teams with more wins, ie. phoenix, new orleans, etc.) you have to concede that he is up against some players with stats that are just about as impressive in guys like Nash, Kobe and Paul who also play pretty damn good defense as well (especially Paul and Kobe, not so much Nash)
I'm in Kokokiko!
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by el loco » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:08 pm

djtruebeliever wrote:as to the AI thing, after more thought, I don't really think the Nuggets deserve to have two players in the all-star game. their record and overall play doesn't justify it at this point. Melo is clearly one of the two most dominant forwards in the west. ask almost any defender who they would rather guard between Melo and Dirk and see what they say, or better yet, ask almost any offensive player who they would rather have guard them Melo or Dirk, and you will understand the point I'm making. Melo's scoring has dropped from last year, but his rebounding/defense are much improved, whereas AI's defense has been not nearly as effective and is still generally regarded as somewhat of a liability. all that being said, AI will probably be in the all-star game based mostly on the fact that he is the #2 scorer in the league on a decent shooting percentage and his assists (almost 7/game) are pretty good as well.

when you compare AI to a lot of other guards in the west (many on teams with more wins, ie. phoenix, new orleans, etc.) you have to concede that he is up against some players with stats that are just about as impressive in guys like Nash, Kobe and Paul who also play pretty damn good defense as well (especially Paul and Kobe, not so much Nash)

That is the way I feel about it. I would love to see Camby get in there and every year he is here he gets shafted. AI deserves to be there, but like stated above, so do a lot of other talented players in the league that are putting up good numbers.
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

Post#32 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:44 pm

the fact that coaches pic the bench makes iverson an all-star this season (again) for sure (if he won't be voted as a starter). coaches wont pick parker or somebody else instead of a hall-of-famer who still plays great
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
Princerod
Senior

Post#33 » by Princerod » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Yes, AI, Nash, Paul are very, very good this year. They'll be at the All Star Game.
Ready for Victory
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#34 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:45 pm

AI deserves to be in the all star game. he is a very good player and the best player on the Nuggets currently, leading them to a solid record and in contention to win the division. But the West is just loaded with good guards.. CP3 is insane, Nash is great, even Brandon Roy is having a stellar year. As a long time AI fan, I hope he is in there, the all star game wouldn't be the same without him.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#35 » by IggyTheBEaST » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:43 pm

He is #3 in scoring and top 10 in assists. If he doesnt, its a crime
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#36 » by pickaxe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm

IggyTheBEaST wrote:He is #3 in scoring and top 10 in assists. If he doesnt, its a crime

Make that #2 as of recent. Check it.
MELO4MVP
Banned User

Post#37 » by MELO4MVP » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm

With each game the Blazers win it's looking harder and harder for A.I.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#38 » by pickaxe » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:19 pm

One more vote after the game tonight. Last night to vote.

Hey, we could be surprised. :scatter:

put the ball in the basket like this
SJustice1621
Junior

Post#39 » by SJustice1621 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:32 pm

I never made this into an AI vs Melo debate..I stated that I felt AI deserved being in the all-star game and it would be ridiculous if he wasn't. I never said Ai was perfect; don't put words in my mouth. Im tired of constantly having to defend myself when I say something positive about the guy. Many people here that post and don't post just observe these boards know what im talking about. Most people rather not get into an unnecessary argument with people here because of how the majority of the posters on this board feel and will ridicule and outcast anyone who doesn't believe the same views as them rather then have a reasonable discussion without calling people idiots or indirect insults etc.

A few people here think their opinion is holier than thou and will attack anyone who disagees with snide remarks and insults. These are the people I see that stagnates the educated and free discussion on this board.
The_Cut
Junior

Post#40 » by The_Cut » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:38 pm

as t-mac may skip the asg ai might be a starter!

Return to Denver Nuggets