And1: 0

Post#21 » by MELO4MVP » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:36 am

Another double double for Melo
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#22 » by corona » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:36 am

Nuggetsfanduh98 wrote:Corona whats up the PF Over Forum Mod???

it's realgm & the mods way of honoring Pacerfan
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=750015
Shady08
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by Shady08 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:37 am

Iverson hit some HUGE shots. We didn't play very well all game and we came up with the win so it was good. Ugly, but a win is a win.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#24 » by dunkonu21 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:37 am

1#Don_IguoDalembert#9 wrote:we don't take them serious :noway:

You better start taking us seriously, you almost got beat.
L-Burna89
Banned User

Post#25 » by L-Burna89 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:39 am

corona wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i'm not sure. it turned into that yesterday and i haven't bothered to check what it means.

Its to honor that Pacers mod who died earlier this week. His username was 'PacerFan'....so thats what the PF is for.
almost famous
Rookie

Post#26 » by almost famous » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 am

I'm ashamed by how we played, but at least it didn't result in a loss. AI really bailed us out, but he was part of the problem in the first place.

Oh well. We got the win. Mark it in the books and move on to the next game. Well, us fans move on to the next game. The team needs to watch some damn film.
Shady08
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by Shady08 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:45 am

dunkonu21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You better start taking us seriously, you almost got beat.

See you next season! :wave:
Frozen316
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by Frozen316 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:49 am

MELO4MVP wrote:Another double double for Melo

Al Jefferson has 30 double doubles this year, which is about equal to the amount the entire Nuggets team has.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#29 » by pickaxe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:53 am

I don't want to get down on AI. He pulls out some pretty tricky shots in the clutch that we didn't have a year, or two years ago.

This team has a different chemistry.

Yeah Melo's not the whole team, but when he's off it makes the game harder. He is not as smooth as he was last year offensively.

This team needs to adjust to not always relying on one superstar or the other and still get things done. LK shy-ed down bigtime.

They're still throwing it to Camby in the corner and he's still missing a ton of those. They're still standing around.

They got the sweep though, so, they move on with what they've got.

put the ball in the basket like this
MELO4MVP
Banned User

Post#30 » by MELO4MVP » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:55 am

Frozen316 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Al Jefferson has 30 double doubles this year, which is about equal to the amount the entire Nuggets team has.

Al Jefferson's team has 33 losses and didn't even play 45 games. Thats more than the Nuggets and Jazz combined
Nuggetsfanduh98
Starter

Post#31 » by Nuggetsfanduh98 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 am

corona wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

it's realgm & the mods way of honoring Pacerfan
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=750015

Man Did'nt even see that damn he was defiently one of the best posters if not the best poster and mod realgm has ever seen. RIP!
DNIsLeGiT
Junior

Post#32 » by DNIsLeGiT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 am

Nothing too surprising by this team anymore,it's frustrating as hell to see this team always playing down to the competition.I give the wolves alot of credit cause they play with alot of heart unlike the nuggets,anyway a win is a win and time to move on to the next game,credit to ai for being clutch down the stretch,without him we would have lost this game already.

By the way,is melo conditioning bad or is he too tired cause of the summer with team usa and all,i don't ever remember him ever grasping for air and so slow on the fast break and getting back on transition defense,he just seem a step slow to me,hopefully with the all star break soon he can get some rest.
jahshawn
Sophomore

Post#33 » by jahshawn » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:03 am

DNIsLeGiT wrote:Nothing too surprising by this team anymore,it's frustrating as hell to see this team always playing down to the competition.I give the wolves alot of credit cause they play with alot of heart unlike the nuggets,anyway a win is a win and time to move on to the next game,credit to ai for being clutch down the stretch,without him we would have lost this game already.

By the way,is melo conditioning bad or is he too tired cause of the summer with team usa and all,i don't ever remember him ever grasping for air and so slow on the fast break and getting back on transition defense,he just seem a step slow to me,hopefully with the all star break soon he can get some rest.

I think someone said he had the flu but I'm not sure.
Allowing fear to permeate your being will hamper your dreams before you even begin them.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#34 » by pickaxe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:04 am

DNIsLeGiT wrote:Nothing too surprising by this team anymore,it's frustrating as hell to see this team always playing down to the competition.I give the wolves alot of credit cause they play with alot of heart unlike the nuggets,anyway a win is a win and time to move on to the next game,credit to ai for being clutch down the stretch,without him we would have lost this game already.

He moves like he's got a back or spine problem that's creeping up. He's still grimacing every now and then.

They did say a couple games ago he did have back pain of some sort.

Just the pain might be enough to wear him down faster - plus the non-stop.

It was so nice to see LK break out to take pressure off.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#35 » by corona » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:07 am

he said in the postgame that he's had the flu (and someone mentioned earlier that he missed an autograph session thing this morning because of the flu).
DNIsLeGiT
Junior

Post#36 » by DNIsLeGiT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:08 am

That back must be killing him a bit then,hopefully he'll heal up and get back to playing like his usual self.
MELO4MVP
Banned User

Post#37 » by MELO4MVP » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:09 am

Melo got the flu and back problems. He played good the first 3 quarters, but in the 4th he looked drained. Luckily we had A.I
DNIsLeGiT
Junior

Post#38 » by DNIsLeGiT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:15 am

corona wrote:

he said in the postgame that he's had the flu (and someone mentioned earlier that he missed an autograph session thing this morning because of the flu).
Melo's pretty banged up lately,back pain and now the flu,get some rest and he'll be fine.
nola3
Junior

Post#39 » by nola3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:38 am

Decent win. Wolves were hot, but Denver's D was also terrible. This team just refuses to rotate sometimes. And Camby still gets owned 1-on-1 against good interior players.

Tough game for AI, but came up in the clutch. The game-winner was a sick shot.

I'm a little worried about Melo - I love his recent desire on the boards, but hes really struggled offensively at times this season. He has that great jab step, but I'm beginning to question whether he has the quickness to beat his man off the dribble (he bulls his way to the basket moreso than beating his man), which really only gives him the option to shoot the step-back J on that move, which is still on the inconsistent side. The offense also becomes very predictable when he gets the ball on the block/wing, unless eddie is in the game and cutting to the basket.

General things I'd like to see more of on offense:

1. Melo moving more without the ball - get him the ball on the move, let him run some of the same "routes" that AI does. It keeps the defender off balance and may result in some favorable switches. I feel like teams aren't having that hard of a time defending Melo, and hes had to really work hard this season to score, and is forcing shots as a result.

2. The team needs to set better picks - everybody is always slipping screens, hardly any solid screens.

3. Get Melo the ball on the block to post up, not the wing. Corona blames this on AI and other being poor entry passers, which may be the case, but I'm not convinced that Melo does an adequate job establishing position on the block, versus 6 ft. out.

4. Better ball movement, but this goes without saying. AI, Camby, Melo, even AC all slow the offense down at times.

5. AI needs to push the ball more. Hes still too satisfied bring the ball up slowly when playing the point. Run!

6. More JR.

7. Karl needs to establish a motion offense that we can go to when things stagnate. Doesn't need to be the main offense, but should be in the team's repetoire.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#40 » by pickaxe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:54 am

Moving without the ball. I'd love to just see Kleiza cut to the rim while Melo's in the block, then shoot out to the corner, followed by AI cutting to the basket and coming back top of Melo. This would give Melo 1)Kleiza as a cutting option 2) AI as a cutting option 3) Cut himself to the rim 4) AI takes back over the ball from the post and penetrates 5) Kleiza farside for three 6) If at last it all fails, the jab step and j.

Even two cutters can change it out and move the offense (and opposing defense) around a little.

What I usually notice is just guys standing motionless completely blocked out by defenders. Of course Melo's going to shoot a j, that's nearly his only legit option when the offense is stagnant.

Also they can't just leave him out there....they have to come to him so he always has an option out of the post.

Return to Denver Nuggets